• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Erock has been fired

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
Jim and Sam are on faction talk with Bennington and Bonfire, Bonfire is the big headliner show and I remember Jay and Soder talking about their pay and how it was basically non-existent.

Didn’t they turn down Mullen/Gomez/Dillion from having a show when they asked for 12k each?

Thinking about it, I really would be shocked if Sam makes over 100k. It’s probably 80.

Forum Clout
Jim and Sam are on faction talk with Bennington and Bonfire, Bonfire is the big headliner show and I remember Jay and Soder talking about their pay and how it was basically non-existent.

Didn’t they turn down Mullen/Gomez/Dillion from having a show when they asked for 12k each?

Thinking about it, I really would be shocked if Sam makes over 100k. It’s probably 80.
NO CHANCE IN HELL!!!

If he doesn't crack 6 figures that would be fucking hilarious.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Forum Clout
Sam's wife doesn't need to work and Sam has a house large enough for 3 kids, a garden and a downstairs studio.

I doubt he's mega wealthy but add in his regular WWE gig, his wrestling podcast income and daddy being a high flying globally traveling advertising guru he's probably doing better than Any ex show employee posting on here.
Exactly. I know people don't want to believe it, but common sense dictates Sam is doing quite well for himself at Sirius. Also, I'm sure back when AntH was doing everything he could to try to salvage the network, he tried to hire Norton but Norton didn't budge because the Sam & Jim show was still paying well.

He's probably making like a dentist's salary to broadcast which is mind boggling. Sam's story should be made into a Rudy-type biopic. Becoming a successful broadcaster at his age and with that voice

Forum Clout
Are you high? Are the people that post here absolute bellends??

Sam was an intern who just stuck around to be the last man standing. That's it. He didn't work hard and climb his way to the top through all this competition to be some legendary broadcaster. He just ended up still working there after Opie & Anthony, because really folks, what the fuck else CAN he do. He literally has NO marketable skills except being NotSam. That's Sam's resume. I'm NOTSAM.

How. You understand that it doesn't make sense to LOSE money, right? Do you honestly think the JIM & SAM show brings in enough ad revenue to pay SAM 200 GRAND for a show NOBODY listens to?

Tell me you don't know what the fuck you're talking about without saying so.

I'll answer in points:

- We don't know the audience that Jim & Sam brings but what we do know is that Jim has had many invites to join Compound Media and could've potentially bailed dear friend Anthony out many times but instead he has deemed it more advantageous for his career to stick with Sirius, they also have a lot of comics on including high profile ones which indicates that Jim and Sam must have some kind of audience.

- Both Jim, Sam and the old O&A staff involved with the show are what now remains of the Opie & Anthony show which is appealing because Sirius no doubt would like to at least try and keep that audience. Sam appeals because he was a big part of O&A and is a known person within the professional wrestling world. Norton appeals because big part of O&A and is a known person within comedy and the other things he dabbles in. They would have an audience that enjoys wrestling, they'd have an audience that enjoys comedy and they'd have an audience that is open to listening to them to get their O&A fix not unlike those who watch Opie or Anthony's respective endeavours.

- In regards to the business side of radio I'll leave that to you as that is obviously your expertise but for me if I'm Sirius XM and I'm getting a guy who appeals to fans of WWE which is watched by millions of people every week plus a guy that played a big part in Opie & Anthony plus a solid talk show host with a strong social media following then he's definitely worth a minimum of 150k a year to me.

He makes no money from the WWE gigs. He does them for free because he loves them so much. If he gets paid it’s probably in signed action figures. If we want to put any money to it it’s probably like 20k a year. It’s less than part time and he’s useless.

“Youtube and other side hustles”? His most viewed videos on Youtube have 3k views with the lowest being 500. He has 244 Patrons on Patreon and if we use the lowest cost tier that means he’s making 10k a year.

Dude is a complete fucking failure

With the WWE he's the regular weekly host of a show called WWE RAW Talk which is a recap show of WWE's flagship show. This is a 30 minute show which airs internationally on the WWE network, he's required to be in studio to host this show and if you know anything about television it'd easily be 4-5 hours to shoot it plus the 4 hour or so trip to and from Connecticut which is where WWE's studios are. I can't buy that he does this for free for love of the game and I also can't imagine a situation where a billion dollar company would be having someone host one of their internationally aired events for zero compensation. He does Pay Per Views as well and has even appeared at WrestleMania, he's definitely getting some monetary gain out of it even if minimal.

Not sure where you're getting the YouTube numbers from. His NotSam video has a video with over 6 million hits and 74 million views total. His wrestling channel seems less popular but his highest viewed videos are still in the 400k range and he has over 38 million views on that channel and finally Jim & Sam's highest viewed video has 4.1 million views and they've received a total of almost 70 million views.

He's a success story, obviously not to the point of a Howard Stern or Opie & Anthony but the guy has almost 200 million views for his YouTube content alone. Do any of us here know someone who has even managed 1% of that?

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
- We don't know the audience that Jim & Sam brings but what we do know is that Jim has had many invites to join Compound Media and could've potentially bailed dear friend Anthony out many times but instead he has deemed it more advantageous for his career to stick with Sirius, they also have a lot of comics on including high profile ones which indicates that Jim and Sam must have some kind of audience.
“Jim had a choice to eat shit or spoiled meat. He chose spoiled meat. Obviously spoiled meat must taste great then”
- Both Jim, Sam and the old O&A staff involved with the show are what now remains of the Opie & Anthony show which is appealing because Sirius no doubt would like to at least try and keep that audience. Sam appeals because he was a big part of O&A and is a known person within the professional wrestling world. Norton appeals because big part of O&A and is a known person within comedy and the other things he dabbles in. They would have an audience that enjoys wrestling, they'd have an audience that enjoys comedy and they'd have an audience that is open to listening to them to get their O&A fix not unlike those who watch Opie or Anthony's respective endeavours.
Lol what audience? There is no audience. I can guarantee the leftover O&A listeners tuning into J&S is in the 3 digits. They either all left for Compound or left after O&J split up. “Not unlike those who watch Opie or Anthony” You mean the 300 people who watch Opies streams, or the 500 people subscribed to Compound? No one wants an “O&A fix” besides us, and if they want it they listen to old clips, not J&S which is basically foreign.
- In regards to the business side of radio I'll leave that to you as that is obviously your expertise but for me if I'm Sirius XM and I'm getting a guy who appeals to fans of WWE which is watched by millions of people every week plus a guy that played a big part in Opie & Anthony plus a solid talk show host with a strong social media following then he's definitely worth a minimum of 150k a year to me.
Sam does not appeal to WWE fans. So many fucking tweets calling him a boring ugly monstrosity when he would do his free guest gigs on WWE. He knows about Wrestling but not enough to be a draw. His Patreon has 200 subs. No one is such a big wrestling fan they not only love Sam but love SXM enough to subscribe for him. If millions watch WWE, thousands care about the commentators, and hundreds care about Sam. Thats not worth a 150k / yearly contract.
With the WWE he's the regular weekly host of a show called WWE RAW Talk which is a recap show of WWE's flagship show. This is a 30 minute show which airs internationally on the WWE network, he's required to be in studio to host this show and if you know anything about television it'd easily be 4-5 hours to shoot it plus the 4 hour or so trip to and from Connecticut which is where WWE's studios are. I can't buy that he does this for free for love of the game and I also can't imagine a situation where a billion dollar company would be having someone host one of their internationally aired events for zero compensation. He does Pay Per Views as well and has even appeared at WrestleMania, he's definitely getting some monetary gain out of it even if minimal.
He’s not a cohost. He’s a guest host. He’s not even listed on the IMDB for the show. It’s not even in his Wikipedia.
Not sure where you're getting the YouTube numbers from. His NotSam video has a video with over 6 million hits and 74 million views total. His wrestling channel seems less popular but his highest viewed videos are still in the 400k range and he has over 38 million views on that channel and finally Jim & Sam's highest viewed video has 4.1 million views and they've received a total of almost 70 million views.
That literally means nothing. That does not translate into consistent viewership and thus a consistent audience / revenue.
He's a success story, obviously not to the point of a Howard Stern or Opie & Anthony but the guy has almost 200 million views for his YouTube content alone. Do any of us here know someone who has even managed 1% of that?
That is an awful metric for success. He gets a lot of youtube views. So do kids toy channels and mukbang youtubers.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
We don't know the audience that Jim & Sam brings

Yeah, we kinda do. Based on their advertisers and subreddit presence, there's nothing going on. You don't have a wildly popular show in 2024 without a decent community on socials.
Sam appeals because he was a big part of O&A and is a known person within the professional wrestling world.

A big part of O&A? Oh right, because you heard his voice. And that's all that counts as "work" to you. Sam being known in the wrestling world now is like Todd Pettengill being known in the wrestling world in 1994. I remember him being the preshow guy nobody ever watched. It was the filler time before the actual show began. Not sure why you feel like you gotta hype up Sam and put him up on some hill. He's the nobody guy before the show starts. Lemme know when Sam starts doing commentary on Monday nights. Then, I'll be impressed.

Here's real life. How much do advertisers pay to run ads during Jim and Sam. Is the WWE buying spots on Jim & Sam? It's a real question, I have no clue. But what you don't do is, pay your talent MORE than the revenue they generate. This isn't just Jim & Sam money, it's Travis as well, and whoever else is on staff for their show, plus benefits. It adds up pretty fast, and I don't think Stephen Singer is coming through with quarterly, million dollar ad spends. So, while you do math with your gut and feelings, I'll just think of it like a rational human being.

With the WWE he's the regular weekly host of a show called WWE RAW

Sam Is on RAW? Holy shit, lemme apologize. That's a huge deal, that's watched by mill---

Oh wait. WWE RAW Talk which is a recap show of WWE's flagship show. This is a 30 minute show which airs internationally on the WWE network.

So it's not on the same channel as RAW, PLUS it's a premium service that you would need to sub to. So what you're saying is, I would watch raw and then change the channel when it's over to my WWFHBO to watch Sam. Raging success, sounds like. What are the neilsons on that one?

He's a success story

Aight this is a bit, yeah? We get it Sam's mom.. ha ha.

Forum Clout
“Jim had a choice to eat shit or spoiled meat. He chose spoiled meat. Obviously spoiled meat must taste great then”

I'm sure monetarily Nana made a great offer to him as Jim would've been one of the few who could've breathed some life into Compound. Norton still said no which indicates that he is compensated well for Jim & Sam which most likely means it has an audience.
Lol what audience? There is no audience. I can guarantee the leftover O&A listeners tuning into J&S is in the 3 digits. They either all left for Compound or left after O&J split up. “Not unlike those who watch Opie or Anthony” You mean the 300 people who watch Opies streams, or the 500 people subscribed to Compound? No one wants an “O&A fix” besides us, and if they want it they listen to old clips, not J&S which is basically foreign.

You can't guarantee that because you don't know. We don't know the numbers, there would be people who are fans of both Jim and Sam who loved O&A and maybe enjoy the familiarity of Jim & Sam also.

65,000 people watched a video of Anthony commenting on a potential O&A reunion by the way.
Sam does not appeal to WWE fans. So many fucking tweets calling him a boring ugly monstrosity when he would do his free guest gigs on WWE. He knows about Wrestling but not enough to be a draw. His Patreon has 200 subs. No one is such a big wrestling fan they not only love Sam but love SXM enough to subscribe for him. If millions watch WWE, thousands care about the commentators, and hundreds care about Sam. Thats not worth a 150k / yearly contract.

I'm not saying that people might subscribe for him but if you're an existing WWE fan that has a Sirius XM subscription you may enjoy what Sam has to offer.
He’s not a cohost. He’s a guest host. He’s not even listed on the IMDB for the show. It’s not even in his Wikipedia.

He is the co host, he's part of all available graphics and current write ups for the show.

LAND_16_9

That literally means nothing. That does not translate into consistent viewership and thus a consistent audience / revenue.

I never said that it did, all I said is that he's doing a bit better than the 3k views that you claimed he gets.

That is an awful metric for success. He gets a lot of youtube views. So do kids toy channels and mukbang youtubers.

What's a good metric of success? Does money work? A quick Google search indicates that 200 million YouTube views would result in 100,000 to 2,000,000 in advertising money. Who knows how correct THAT is but I think it'd be safe to say that Sam has made more than anyone else here by simply uploading his content onto YouTube.

Forum Clout
Yeah, we kinda do. Based on their advertisers and subreddit presence, there's nothing going on. You don't have a wildly popular show in 2024 without a decent community on socials.

Nobody is claiming it's wildly popular though, the claim is that it is a strong enough show to pay Sam low six figures.
A big part of O&A? Oh right, because you heard his voice. And that's all that counts as "work" to you. Sam being known in the wrestling world now is like Todd Pettengill being known in the wrestling world in 1994. I remember him being the preshow guy nobody ever watched. It was the filler time before the actual show began. Not sure why you feel like you gotta hype up Sam and put him up on some hill. He's the nobody guy before the show starts. Lemme know when Sam starts doing commentary on Monday nights. Then, I'll be impressed.

He was a big part of O&A as was most of the staff in their own ways. I have great on air memories of Sam, Erock, Steve and even you so to me you guys were big parts of O&A and I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that way.

Sam isn't the nobody guy before the show starts, he's hosting his own show and he has actually done live play by play before, just not on Monday nights.

Sam Is on RAW? Holy shit, lemme apologize. That's a huge deal, that's watched by mill---

Oh wait. WWE RAW Talk which is a recap show of WWE's flagship show. This is a 30 minute show which airs internationally on the WWE network.

So it's not on the same channel as RAW, PLUS it's a premium service that you would need to sub to. So what you're saying is, I would watch raw and then change the channel when it's over to my WWFHBO to watch Sam. Raging success, sounds like. What are the neilsons on that one?

It airs as part of the WWE Network and in international markets. Again though the argument isn't that this is a great show or watched by millions just simply that Sam is being paid for his work on said show which doesn't seem too farfetched given that it's a WWE produced show that is important enough that it airs weekly.

If you do want a big number flex though he was involved in Wrestlemania which was watched by over 600 million people worldwide.

Not a bit, it just isn't factual to say he's this gigantic failure who isn't doing anything in life.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
I'm sure monetarily Nana made a great offer to him as Jim would've been one of the few who could've breathed some life into Compound. Norton still said no which indicates that he is compensated well for Jim & Sam which most likely means it has an audience.
No it’s because he’s fucking Anthony Cumia aka career poison. If the choice was being goddamn jobless or working with Nana, Jim wouldn’t be working period.
You can't guarantee that because you don't know. We don't know the numbers, there would be people who are fans of both Jim and Sam who loved O&A and maybe enjoy the familiarity of Jim & Sam also.
Yes I don’t know but we’re speculating, thats the whole conversation. I can guaran-fucking-tee people who loved O&A do not love J&S. It is not the same show. There is nothing in J&S that is a carry over of ANYTHING O&A besides the two hosts. Do you see the website you’re on and who Opie and Anthony fans are. No one is listening to J&S because it feels familiar to O&A. Because its not familiar to O&A besides the two mongoloids on the mic.
65,000 people watched a video of Anthony commenting on a potential O&A reunion by the way.
What is your point? You mean on Youtube? The platform you don’t have to pay $12 a month for? O&A are fucking irrelevant, so imagine how irrelevant J&S are.
I'm not saying that people might subscribe for him but if you're an existing WWE fan that has a Sirius XM subscription you may enjoy what Sam has to offer.
Thats like 200 people. And no one wants to listen to what Sam has to say. “You know that ugly fuck you see on WWE? You want to hear him talk about WWE? Check out his comedy show with a tranny fucker.”
He is the co host, he's part of all available graphics and current write ups for the show.

LAND_16_9
Why are you bullshitting? She is the main host. Sam fills in sometimes. There are hundreds of pictures with a quick google search of him not on the show. It’s not on his Wikipedia. It’s not on his IMDB. There is no proof he does this show besides ONE episode a season and this promotional photo is the only thing you can find. He’s also not on every episode write up. Where are you getting this.
I never said that it did, all I said is that he's doing a bit better than the 3k views that you claimed he gets.
The only time he breaks above 5 figures is when he has an actual wrestler on. His normal videos get like 3k views. No one fucking wants to listen to Sam. He is not a personality.
What's a good metric of success? Does money work? A quick Google search indicates that 200 million YouTube views would result in 100,000 to 2,000,000 in advertising money. Who knows how correct THAT is but I think it'd be safe to say that Sam has made more than anyone else here by simply uploading his content onto YouTube.
That is absolutely not correct. The idea of Sam making 100k in his entire career on Youtube, let alone 2 million dollars, is a fucking joke. Sam is not a person i would ever fucking defend. Fuck him.

Forum Clout

Here's real life. How much do advertisers pay to run ads during Jim and Sam. Is the WWE buying spots on Jim & Sam? It's a real question, I have no clue. But what you don't do is, pay your talent MORE than the revenue they generate. This isn't just Jim & Sam money, it's Travis as well, and whoever else is on staff for their show, plus benefits. It adds up pretty fast, and I don't think Stephen Singer is coming through with quarterly, million dollar ad spends. So, while you do math with your gut and feelings, I'll just think of it like a rational human being.

THIS SUNDAY you and sam roberts will face off in a PRODUCER MATCH!

Mick_Mickerson

Forum Clout
When you go to SiriusXM "Talk & Entertainment" page, Sam & Jim is the second show advertised and in a place of prominence, which seems to indicate where the executives thoughts are on the product and its numbers.

I would never listen to Sam and Jim, but Sam somehow beat the odds and carved out a prestigious place for himself within the company*

* Two companies when include the wwe

BenDovid

Forum Clout
he claim is that it is a strong enough show to pay Sam low six figures.

It is NOT. You don't pay big money to guys buried in a mish-mosh channel of leftovers. I still don't understand why you think the guy would make $200K. What numbers backs this up? Who is advertising on this show that can justify this level of salary. Make the numbers make sense. Prove me wrong. I don't see it.
hosting his own show

On the WWE pay channel. How hard do you cum to wrestling that you'd think is some major flex. WGAF.

Not a bit, it just isn't factual to say he's this gigantic failure who isn't doing anything in life.

Perspective is everything. I would absolutely HATE to be STILL working in radio. He's not an old man. Jim & Sam can't last forever. What's his next move when all you've ever done is satellite radio?

Mick_Mickerson

Forum Clout
Perspective is everything. I would absolutely HATE to be STILL working in radio. He's not an old man. Jim & Sam can't last forever. What's his next move when all you've ever done is satellite radio?
Jim finally settling down with a lady with expensive tastes is great news for Sam because it means Jim will want to keep doing the show longer than he would otherwise. After Sam & Jim dissolves, I'm sure Sirius will give him another hosting gig.

The bigger question is how long will Sirius be "a thing?" Either way, history has shown it's not wise to bet against Sam since he thrives wherever he is and gets promoted and makes opportunities for himself.

Besides, with AI no one with an office job has great job security in the long-term

Forum Clout
No it’s because he’s fucking Anthony Cumia aka career poison. If the choice was being goddamn jobless or working with Nana, Jim wouldn’t be working period.

If the Sirius show was not helping Jim then Jim would be gone, it's that simple. I'm not going to disagree on Anthony but if Anthony offered Jim double what Jimmy is getting at Sirius and offered the same audience then Jimmy would muster up a "Uh, well, I dunno man, it's a tough one" and he'd jump.

Yes I don’t know but we’re speculating, thats the whole conversation. I can guaran-fucking-tee people who loved O&A do not love J&S. It is not the same show. There is nothing in J&S that is a carry over of ANYTHING O&A besides the two hosts. Do you see the website you’re on and who Opie and Anthony fans are. No one is listening to J&S because it feels familiar to O&A. Because its not familiar to O&A besides the two mongoloids on the mic.

Jim and Sam ARE familiar to the O&A audience. You don't think there are dopey truckers out there that loved O&A and are attached enough to Jim and Sam that they just stayed and listened? Of course there is, not a major part of the O&A audience but some? Definitely.

What is your point? You mean on Youtube? The platform you don’t have to pay $12 a month for? O&A are fucking irrelevant, so imagine how irrelevant J&S are.

That an audience for O&A still exists, it isn't just 300 people on Opie's channel, 500 on Cumia and the 300 people here. 65,000 people care about this even if it is free content.

Why are you bullshitting? She is the main host. Sam fills in sometimes. There are hundreds of pictures with a quick google search of him not on the show. It’s not on his Wikipedia. It’s not on his IMDB. There is no proof he does this show besides ONE episode a season and this promotional photo is the only thing you can find. He’s also not on every episode write up. Where are you getting this.

I'm not bullshitting, you are being ignorant and not doing your research.

I am a wrestling fan and have the service, I didn't want to appear ignorant and embarrass myself so I went and checked out 6 individual episodes of the show to see if Sam was a sometimes host or not, he was on every single episode and has been since about January/February when he replaced someone else.

Where am I getting him being listed as a co-host from? The Peacock website which airs Sam's show in the US. I'd say they're pretty reputable.

No one fucking wants to listen to Sam. He is not a personality.

Okay bro, if that's the case then he certainly does a fantastic job of convincing billion dollar organisations the complete opposite.

Forum Clout
On the WWE pay channel. How hard do you cum to wrestling that you'd think is some major flex. WGAF.

I don't think it's a major flex, my only argument is that he'd be getting paid for the gig, I already said that.

No idea. He could do something in events, something in television, regular commercial radio if he wanted to do that or he could do what you did and just leave the industry completely and find a gig in a different industry.

Forum Clout
What does an Erik "Sex Bagel" "Hawk" Nagel do at this point? Local radio? A pawdcast that no one will listen to? What marketable skills does he have at this point? Years in radio, sure, but radio is fawkin dead sniff

I heard he used to do a podcast about all things Nerd before Nana picked him up. You know, comic books, video games, movies and stuff like that. The idea is pretty original, so if he corners that niche he may attract a lot of attention in the podcasting world.

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Joe's Geek Squad Technician
Forum Clout

Jim and Sam show make 35k a year and that's still too much