Erock, comment?

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Aside from "inside radio" clips like Scott & Todd shit, is there ONE Erik bit that he brought? One wacky story or piece of audio? He's a radio show producer right? EXECUTIVE PRODUCER according to his resume. Can somebody link me to some awesome, Erik produced bits? Getting drunk and eating donuts is not a produced bit.
This is disengenous because he wasn't supposed to produce individual sound clips and commercial bumpers -- his role was to oversee and produce the entire show.

He managed the merry band of former interns who were producing individual bits and worked directly with Opie to determine pacing and direction of the show .That increased responsibility is why he was paid more than the other staff who were producing bits piecemeal.

Perhaps a more accurate title would have been production director or operations manager, like his current title at Cumpound Media

Last edited:

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
This is disengenous because he wasn't supposed to produce individual sound clips and commercial bumpers -- his role was to oversee and produce the entire show.
Was it? Pretty sure that was the executive producers job who (from what I remember) would be Ben , then Steve, then Danny, then Sam. If Erock did ever take that position he was a blip on the radar. No one can name what he did.
He managed the merry band of former interns who were producing individual bits and worked directly with Opie to determine pacing and direction of the show .That increased responsibility is why he was paid more than the other staff who were producing bits piecemeal.
No he wasn’t what the hell? Are you trolling? He didn’t manage the interns and he didn’t work “directly” with Opie. On what? Opie did as much for the show production wise as Anthony. He talked on the mic.

Jizz

I’ve said it so much at this point, I cannot fucking believe Erik asskissed his way to a corporate position in the company. The arguably least talented employee of O&A somehow made it to the HIGHEST position out of any of them. And despite being, I imagine, a relatively easy job, he STILL fucked it up to the point where he was fired. Not let go, not an elimination of the position, fired.

Most people if they lucked their way into that gig would make sure to never lose it. But i guess you cant teach a fat dog new tricks

I don't think Erock fawked it up, they made him the program manager of the station but realized there wasn't much work for him to do so they had another dude handle multiple stations.

Mick_Mickerson

He didn’t manage the interns and he didn’t work “directly” with Opie. On what? Opie did as much for the show production wise as Anthony. He talked on the mic.
He managed various members of staff throughout--it changed obviously because the show was fairly chaotic, but there are even bits about his underlings not respecting him. And, yes, he worked directly with Opie. Even Danny is saying he was texting him about stuff after the show.

Corporations don't just randomly pay one person more than the others for no reason--his title clearly held more responsibilities. Just because Danny wasn't privvy to all of them, doesn't mean they didn't exist

Mick_Mickerson

I don't think Erock fawked it up, they made him the program manager of the station but realized there wasn't much work for him to do so they had another dude handle multiple stations.
Yeah, exactly. Radio has been a tough business the past 20 years and there was natural downsizing. I don't get why people are acting like he's this major asshole just because he likes to drink sugary drinks and listened to Ron and Fez while at the office

Yes he was. Producers produce. From rejoiners to Instant Replay clips. I am responsible for a shitload of your favorite drops. All the This Boys Life clips, Bad Lieutenant, MILLUH! etc. You would watch movies with a pen and paper, marking timestamps for shit MAYBE you could use. That's a fucking Producer.

Hang on a sec OK? You didn't work there. Cut the shit and don't forget this. You didn't work there.

Are we good? Now that we're established, he was hired on Opie's recommendation after Opie met up with him in Florida. He was an O&A superfan with some radio background. The staff upon the show's XM return was Ben Sparks as EP, Steve C handling all audio production and imaging and Sexbagel was supposed to be the rest. He was supposed to be the guy prepping and finding bits and audio, basically everything that Ben couldn't do and don't forget Steve spends his entire day in the prod booth. That never happened.

OK, so Erik ran the old XM board, right?

Yes! He did for a few months, until he was deemed too incompetent for that role. Steve was asked but then who would do prod? So the board went to Derek. I was on phones back then, and that's the beginning of Erik not having a role with the show. This is like early 2005 and he was already useless.

Oh shit! Ben Sparks got fired. Steve C is now EP. Derek is moved to prod and "Butcha" is put on the board (which leads to a fight between Jim & Steve). CBS happened and Opie put his boy on the CBS board. For a few months, until he was deemed too incompetent once again. Oh shit, CBS ends. Go to Sirius. Erik Nagel now sits in a shared office with Roland eating sandwiches and watching WWE videos, occasionally being wheeled down the hall to shame his fatness or for being entirely devoid of wit and humor.

Now why don't you get back here and shut up.

Last edited:
Even Danny is saying he was texting him about stuff after the show.

Yeah retard, to ass kiss. Solely to let Opie know he was still there. For instance. Erik would text Opie in the afternoon something like.

"Hey...do you want me to drop off the Paris Hilton pics from today?" So then Opie can say..

WOW! ERIK IS STILL AT THE OFFICE!! WHAT A GUY!!

Do you not get this? Or do you need another example for it to settle in. Sounds like They had no role for him after the Opie firing, made up a position for him while they started the ball rolling on his exit plan. Erik Nagel sucks, and that's why he works at Compound Media for a guy who would shit buckets into your face on the daily who also hired him just to say FUCK YOU to Opie. Like, what if after Anthony and I had our fight and after he was fired, Opie reached out to re-hire me. Clearly that wouldn't be because Opie just really believed in my work. Every day that passes that Erik works there, he's a known bitch. Cucking himself on the daily knowing his job is just one big Opie joke, and he can't do any better.

Last edited:

Mick_Mickerson

Yes he was. Producers produce. From rejoiners to Instant Replay clips. I am responsible for a shitload of your favorite drops. All the This Boys Life clips, Bad Lieutenant, MILLUH! etc. You would watch movies with a pen and paper, marking timestamps for shit MAYBE you could use. That's a fucking Producer.

Hang on a sec OK? You didn't work there. Cut the shit and don't forget this. You didn't work there.

Are we good? Now that we're established, he was hired on Opie's recommendation after Opie met up with him in Florida. He was an O&A superfan with some radio background. The staff upon the show's XM return was Ben Sparks as EP, Steve C handling all audio production and imaging and Sexbagel was supposed to be the rest. He was supposed to be the guy prepping and finding bits and audio, basically everything that Ben couldn't do and don't forget Steve spends his entire day in the prod booth. That never happened.

OK, so Erik ran the old XM board, right?

Yes! He did for a few months, until he was deemed too incompetent for that role. Steve was asked but then who would do prod? So the board went to Derek. I was on phones back then, and that's the beginning of Erik not having a role with the show. This is like early 2005 and he was already useless.

Oh shit! Ben Sparks got fired. Steve C is now EP. Derek is moved to prod and "Butcha" is put on the board (which leads to a fight between Jim & Steve). CBS happened and Opie put his boy on the CBS board. For a few months, until he was deemed too incompetent once again. Oh shit, CBS ends. Go to Sirius. Erik Nagel now sits in a shared office with Roland eating sandwiches and watching WWE videos, occasionally being wheeled down the hall to shame his fatness or for being entirely devoid of wit and humor.

Now why don't you get back here and shut up.

At 1:20 in this clip, Anthony says "Evan starts with an E...he could be the new Erock perhaps...sitting back there....RUNNING THE SHOW"

Why would Anthony be under the impression Erock was sitting back there, in his words, "running the show?" It seems Erock's role was producing and dictating the pace/direction of the show, not pulling random audio drops from Platoon.

At 1:20 in this clip, Anthony says "Evan starts with an E...he could be the new Erock perhaps...sitting back there....RUNNING THE SHOW"

Why would Anthony be under the impression Erock was sitting back there, in his words, "running the show?" It seems Erock's role was producing and dictating the pace/direction of the show, not pulling random audio drops from Platoon.

Lmao, yo you really are a fucking moron. I'm not even entertaining this. You're not serious. It's not fucking possible.

Mick_Mickerson

Lmao, yo you really are a fucking moron. I'm not even entertaining this. You're not serious. It's not fucking possible.
I'm open to being wrong, but I don't see how Anthony's quip makes any sense at all UNLESS Erock had increased responsibilities over the other staff members and a coveted position. No one disputed when Anthony used the phrase "running the show" back there.

Which makes sense since you said he was paid more. Like in this bit, a lot of the Erock bunglings and fuck ups that made the air only happened because he did have the increased responsibility and the more high-visibility/high-pressure screw ups. It's not like he was in the back with no pressure pulling audio clips. His fuck ups screwed up the trajectory/flow of the show because he was, in Ant's words, "running the show" back there.

No one disputed when Anthony used the phrase "running the show" back there.

Running the board. At that time, that was CBS, before that spot was taken away from him. So are you telling me that when he was shelved in the back and I was given that spot, I was "RUNNING THE SHOW"?

Erik was paid more because he was hired back in Summer 2004. That was the budget spend for The Opie & Anthony show. Ben Steve and Erik. They didn't expect to have to pay 4 other full time staff members 18 months later. Erik got raises like the rest of us, except he had a good two year head start. This is the dumbest fucking conspiracy theory ever. Erock, the lazy genius who ran the show all while eating sandwiches and looking at Mr. Skin.

Mick_Mickerson

Running the board. At that time, that was CBS, before that spot was taken away from him. So are you telling me that when he was shelved in the back and I was given that spot, I was "RUNNING THE SHOW"?

Erik was paid more because he was hired back in Summer 2004. That was the budget spend for The Opie & Anthony show. Ben Steve and Erik. They didn't expect to have to pay 4 other full time staff members 18 months later. Erik got raises like the rest of us, except he had a good two year head start. This is the dumbest fucking conspiracy theory ever. Erock, the lazy genius who ran the show all while eating sandwiches and looking at Mr. Skin.
It's interesting that Anthony used the term "running the show" instead of board op or running the board. At 17:15 in that same clip Opie mentions Erock "sleeping at the wheel" and "asleep at the wheel" which also implies steering the ship. This "running the show" characterization was in a clip in 2007, yet you said this earlier:

It's interesting that Anthony used the term "running the show" instead of board op or running the board. At 17:15 in that same clip Opie mentions Erock "sleeping at the wheel" and "asleep at the wheel" which also implies steering the ship. This "running the show" characterization was in a clip in 2007, yet you said this earlier:

You did it. you cracked the code. Erik Nagel was in charge the whole time.

Mick_Mickerson

Welp. I worked there 9 years and you didn't. I guess you know more. I'm hoping this is a troll but if you really believe this you're even stupider than I thought.
How do you address that you said he was rendered totally useless and didnt have any responsibilities by 2005, but then there is a clip of Anthony saying he is "running the show" in 2007?

I've told the story before, it wasn't for lack of skills. My underling created a false HR report because I didn't let her leave early to DJ a party when the biggest AAA game of the last decade was about to drop. Fuck me right? Giving a shit about my department's production during launch. OoOooh my NDA. Eat me, TTWO.
They must've really been sick of you if that was all it took to toss you out with the rest of the trash.