Erock, comment?

When Erock was your boss, did you learn a lot from him? Because you came from a non-radio background and he had already been in the business for some years, correct?

lmao, Erik was my boss for about 3 months in 2004. Yeah Erik showed me how to fall asleep in your chair at 2pm, and how to program a worst-of show in only 6 hours. Erik was more a case study in what NOT to do. Do the opposite of Erik and you'll be golden. Nice try wit da hate dough.

You don’t let me leave work early to go to a party? Time to report you!

If I ever randomly run into her, I will be going to jail forever.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
lmao, Erik was my boss for about 3 months in 2004. Yeah Erik showed me how to fall asleep in your chair at 2pm,
Lol. I love the mental image of that tubster dozing off in an office chair, mouth slack hung open while his putrid soda breath permeates throughout the room
and how to program a worst-of show in only 6 hours. Erik was more a case study in what NOT to do. Do the opposite of Erik and you'll be golden. Nice try wit da hate dough.
I’ve said it so much at this point, I cannot fucking believe Erik asskissed his way to a corporate position in the company. The arguably least talented employee of O&A somehow made it to the HIGHEST position out of any of them. And despite being, I imagine, a relatively easy job, he STILL fucked it up to the point where he was fired. Not let go, not an elimination of the position, fired.

Most people if they lucked their way into that gig would make sure to never lose it. But i guess you cant teach a fat dog new tricks

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Lol. I love the mental image of that tubster dozing off in an office chair, mouth slack hung open while his putrid soda breath permeates throughout the room

I’ve said it so much at this point, I cannot fucking believe Erik asskissed his way to a corporate position in the company. The arguably least talented employee of O&A somehow made it to the HIGHEST position out of any of them. And despite being, I imagine, a relatively easy job, he STILL fucked it up to the point where he was fired. Not let go, not an elimination of the position, fired.

Most people if they lucked their way into that gig would make sure to never lose it. But i guess you cant teach a fat dog new tricks
Was he fired though? The Opie and Anthony and the Opie Raqio show both ceased to exist, so position might have just been eliminated

One has to assume Sam and Jim has way less budget for staff

Erik asskissed his way to a corporate position in the company. The arguably least talented employee of O&A somehow made it to the HIGHEST position out of any of them.

What are you talking about. During my time, he was demoted and never recovered. I know he worked on O&J, but they let him go after Opie was fired, so what "corporate" role did he claim to be holding..

What are you talking about. During my time, he was demoted and never recovered. I know he worked on O&J, but they let him go after Opie was fired, so what "corporate" role did he claim to be holding..
The greatest Erock clip is post-Opie firing, he is on Bennington telling them that he now "runs" the channel and is excited. Less than two weeks later, he is fired.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
IMG_9215.jpeg

Look I know people lie on their linkedin, but I 1000% remember back in like 2015 on Opie and Jim them talking about Erik being promoted and joining corporate. So this isn’t me just getting this info cause the dude wrote it down, this actually happened.

View attachment 199494
Look I know people lie on their linkedin, but I 1000% remember back in like 2015 on Opie and Jim them talking about Erik being promoted and joining corporate. So this isn’t me just getting this info cause the dude wrote it down, this actually happened.

Like I said, I only know 2013 and prior. The ACTUAL resume should look more like:

2004 - 2005 - Producer
2006 - 2007 - Senior Producer
2008 - 2010 - Producer
2011 - 2013 - Potentially bumped back to SP, don't remember.

However, during none of this time was he EVER Executive Producer. If that's what they made him in 2013, cool, I wouldn't know, but I'd HIGHLY doubt it. Anthony was fired in 2014? So at most he might have been EP for a year? Anyway, cool resume bro, I'm sure it's propelled him into a very successful carre-- What's that? He works where? Ya kiddin...

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
Like I said, I only know 2013 and prior. The ACTUAL resume should look more like:

2004 - 2005 - Producer
2006 - 2007 - Senior Producer
2008 - 2010 - Producer
2011 - 2013 - Potentially bumped back to SP, don't remember.
He also lists himself as the senior producer for the CBS side from 2006-2009…lol. My whole point though was he WAS elevated within the company but only post Ants firing.
However, during none of this time was he EVER Executive Producer. If that's what they made him in 2013, cool, I wouldn't know, but I'd HIGHLY doubt it. Anthony was fired in 2014? So at most he might have been EP for a year? Anyway, cool resume bro, I'm sure it's propelled him into a very successful carre-- What's that? He works where? Ya kiddin...
IMG_9216.jpeg

Surprisingly he does list Compound. I didn’t know he’s been running that shit for 6 years now. Pretty pathetic.

“You know Bryan Johnson from…” , No, I don’t.

I know you said he wasn't good at his job, but why do you actively dislike him and take pleasure in him losing his gig? You guys had a personal beef?

No, Erik and I never had anything personal. Erik's a "nice guy". 100% of my Nagel beef was simply his work ethic and contributions to the show vs how he portrayed himself to Opie during daily ass kissing sessions. Don't forget, I wasn't at all alone here. Nathaniel bought him a shirt that said "I Bring Nothing To The Table." Than also gave him a pretty decent beatdown on air at CBS.
He also lists himself as the senior producer for the CBS side from 2006-2009…lol.

What a fucking asshole, for real. Erik was taken off his position at CBS and it was given to me until the very last day at CBS. He ran the in-studio air board (Opie's board feeds to this one, which feeds to the back.) Also, internet stuff. I forget why, but Erik fucked up one too many times and he was given the boot.

You can tell Erik is embarrassed by his current position. Instead of Compound Media or The Anthony Cumia Show, it's LFTC, LLC. That's exactly what I used to do on my resume. I didn't want anybody seeing "Opie & Anthony". Fuck that. Just "Senior Producer, SiriusXM Radio".

None of those people, including Kenny and that intern, worked with Erik every day for 9 years. I know exactly what he contributed to the Opie & Anthony show and that was tardiness, pit stains and bad breath. Here's a challenge for all the autists out there. Aside from "inside radio" clips like Scott & Todd shit, is there ONE Erik bit that he brought? One wacky story or piece of audio? He's a radio show producer right? EXECUTIVE PRODUCER according to his resume. Can somebody link me to some awesome, Erik produced bits? Getting drunk and eating donuts is not a produced bit.

Last edited:

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
Here's a challenge for all the autists out there. Aside from "inside radio" clips like Scott & Todd shit, is there ONE Erik bit that he brought? One wacky story or piece of audio? He's a radio show producer right? EXECUTIVE PRODUCER according to his resume. Can somebody link me to some awesome, Erik produced bits? Getting drunk and eating donuts is not a produced bit.
The only good thing anyone can say about him is he was a punching bag. “He took it like a man!” as opposed to who? I don’t remember anyone straight up quitting because they were getting made fun of and Erik was as much a bitch about it as anyone else, he wasn’t this cool calm guy taking the beating. No one praises Danny for his fights with Po or the guitar hero shit. No one praises Sam for getting shit on for being a genetic specimen. No one praises Stevie for “being able to take it”. Why Erock gets that praise I have no idea.

Why Erock gets that praise I have no idea.

Yeah I never understood either. Like, the ability to be shit on for 45 mins straight doesn't make you good at your job.

I literally remember working at XM, at CBS, back at XM and then Sirius. He was responsible for making sure Opie's position was set up properly and would arrange all of Opie's CD's like a game of Solitaire so he could see the titles of all the discs. Make sure Opie has his Instant Replay templates, headphones.

Now the show starts. Erik....eats breakfast? Bullshits with Roland? I don't fucking know. He didn't contribute to the previous evenings news/prep email. He didn't contribute any audio for air. He didn't write production or even do production. He would act like building worst-of shows were hard. The whole process takes like 40 mins tops for a 5 hour show. If you needed to build a week of worst-of, you could easily just take your entire work day and bang it out. Erik would take weeks. So while these people might have great things to say about Erik, my experience, and others, was that we didn't understand what he did, why he was here and why he was being paid more than us. When I say us I mean Than, Travis, Derek, myself. Sam would come later. He didn't book guests. He didn't program the replay. He didn't upload the show to Audible. He didn't hold pre-interviews with guests. He didn't interview interns. He didn't write one-sheets on guests. He didn't compile the prep sheet. He didn't highlight 4 copies of printed news articles every single morning. Maybe one of you guys can help me. What the fuck did Erik Nagel do, job-wise, for the Opie & Anthony show? This mystery has haunted me for almost 20 years now.

Edit - I DO remember him color correcting celebrity photos in Photoshop, getting pictures with celebrities and having celebrities sign multiple objects for his "nieces and nephews".

Last edited:

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
What the fuck did Erik Nagel do, job-wise, for the Opie & Anthony show? This mystery has haunted me for almost 20 years now.
Hearing Erik fucking freak out because the entire staff starts fighting him over showing up late is a repeat listen. Hearing that fatboy literally yell that no one knows how much work he does but he can’t even provide 1 fucking thing he’s done, besides worst ofs, is hilarious. I hate fat people, I hate people who aren’t hard workers, and I hate people who don’t take responsibility for themselves. He is all 3 of those things. And to hear EVERYONE on staff, even the hosts, shit on him is some vindication.

But if i’m supposed to show up at 5, and I get there at 5:30, If i just stay an extra 30 minutes it all evens out! Time to text Opie to remind him i’m at the office to make him think i’m working hard!

But if i’m supposed to show up at 5, and I get there at 5:30, If i just stay an extra 30 minutes it all evens out! Time to text Opie to remind him i’m at the office to make him think i’m working hard!

Don't forget. There was no post-show meeting or hanging out. When the show was over, Opie, Anthony and Jim were gone until the following day. Opie, or anybody's perception of what was being done after they left would need to be molded. I never texted Anthony at 3pm to let him know how hard I was working for his show. But that's what Erik would do on a daily basis and since Opie didn't know better, if Erik texted him at 4pm with "Hey....at the office....(insert question that could have been an email here)" So now, Opie says to himself, wow Erik works so hard, I've been home for 6 hours already and Erik is STILL working.

In reality, Erik took a turkey nap in his chair, listened to Ron & Fez while flirting with chicks on PalTalk and is waiting around for 4pm because the voice of some Bob's Burgers character is coming in and he has 17 DVDs he wants signed. Oh and he makes 20K more than you.

Hearing Erik fucking freak out because the entire staff starts fighting him over showing up late is a repeat listen.

This fight is great because it illustrates exactly what Erik would do. Since his only real job was setting up Opie's position, if Opie wanted to go back to something he played the previous day, only Erik would know where it is. Now it's 5:25am and Opie is like "hey where's that bit from yesterday" and now nobody knows where the fuck it is and somebody has to re-pull it and burn it before the show starts. While it makes Erik look bad for being late, it makes him look NECCESSARY. He controlled Opie's narrative pre and post show.

Last edited: