• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Why wasnt "Tough Crowd" bigger/more popular?

G

They used to worship Basketball Americans but there's been enough cross pollination over the last couple of decades for the Africans to have formed a more cynical opinion on them. Memes and stereotypes aside, the average person from a place like Nigeria is quite likely to be hardworking, community-oriented and conservative. A lot of aspects of black American culture are going to be completely antithetical to an African looking to elevate himself and his country.

The feeling is mutual, a lot of black Americans seem to look down on Africans and have become LBJsters in their own right, declaring their superiority over the other negroes because they were lucky enough to be born in the US, while simultaneously lamenting how bad they have it in America.
The only Africans who seem to have a positive affinity for Black Americans seem to be Liberians and maybe Zimbabweans.

Nigerians look down on them...Somalis/Eritreans/Ethiopians consider them F/N's

loll.png

BrotherMan1488

Forum Clout
He probably went thinking his brothas would ingratiate him and then hit the inevitable culture roadblock of every American going to their "home" country. Most Africans despise African-Americans from what I've heard.
That and you aren't sustaining your rich bitch lifestyle in a village that makes $12 a year.
Africans do even see them as Black cuz in America lots of niggers got White blood yet the niggers here have a massive chip on there shoulder being genetically inferior mutts, child

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Forum Clout
It wasn't a good fit coming after the liberal The Daily Show. Whatever problems were with the comics being lazy and not funny and yelling over each other, or Colin's mush mouth, the channel wanted something that go well with their #1 Jew.

As much as Colbert as a fag, they made the right move from a business point of view. Greg Gutfeld would make the Tough Crowd concept work better with RedEye years later. One of the things Gutfeld did right that Colin did wrong was have rotating guests so none of this lazy, entitled friends would ruin things every night.

BrotherMan1488

Forum Clout
The execs at CC didn't like the show as they felt it competed too much with the audience of the Daily Show plus it tended to lean a lot more right than left which they didn't like either. Also, while the round table discussions were hilarious, the sketches were pretty terrible.
Lol early 00s neo con gayness was still "to much" for the Communists 😬🤣😅😂 Invade Iraq cuz "reasons" 🤤

Forum Clout
It wasn't a good fit coming after the liberal The Daily Show. Whatever problems were with the comics being lazy and not funny and yelling over each other, or Colin's mush mouth, the channel wanted something that go well with their #1 Jew.

As much as Colbert as a fag, they made the right move from a business point of view. Greg Gutfeld would make the Tough Crowd concept work better with RedEye years later. One of the things Gutfeld did right that Colin did wrong was have rotating guests so none of this lazy, entitled friends would ruin things every night.
Also you make money by having a host that can sell ideas. Jews are good at that. Miserable Irishmen, not so much

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Forum Clout
I think part of the issue is that Tough Crowd had a more blue-collar flavor to it that didn't sit well with executives and, maybe, audiences. Tough Crowd bullshitted about politically incorrect things like salesmen at a car dealership would; whereas, Bill Maher's was politically incorrect chatter at a well-heeled dinner party. Shitting on evangelicals and such.

Then again, I don't remember either show so I don't know what I'm talking about but that doesn't keep me from talking...

colin flaherty laughing.jpg

Mick_Mickerson

Forum Clout
One thing people forget about because it became uncouth to talk about post 9/11 is that a lot of the country dislikes New Yorkers and finds them very unlikeable. Ted cruz tried to tap into that during 2016 primary shitting on trump for being from NYC.

Tough crowd had a really strong NYC swagger with Brooklyn Colin and most of the cast living there and being from NY or Jersey or Boston that I'm sure turned off a lot of the country

I'm sure a focus group would find a lot of the cast "unlikeable" or abrasive.

G

Speaking of (((Neo-cons))), didn't they sponsor Colin Quinn and have him perform in Iraq amid Operation Desert Shield or am I imagining this?
He did USO performances in Iraq. Norton did at least one too. They're voluntary though, and him and Norton were fully behind that war at the time so, being old faggots, probably thought going over there was "doing their bit". No one compelled them or would've had to.

G

One thing people forget about because it became uncouth to talk about post 9/11 is that a lot of the country dislikes New Yorkers and finds them very unlikeable. Ted cruz tried to tap into that during 2016 primary shitting on trump for being from NYC.

Tough crowd had a really strong NYC swagger with Brooklyn Colin and most of the cast living there and being from NY or Jersey or Boston that I'm sure turned off a lot of the country

I'm sure a focus group would find a lot of the cast "unlikeable" or abrasive.
The Nick DiPaolo vibe, I know exactly what you refer to.

ChimpanZ

Fruit Loops, Cheerios, Pops, Trix, Cocoa Pebbles
Forum Clout
Speaking of (((Neo-cons))), didn't they sponsor Colin Quinn and have him perform in Iraq amid Operation Desert Shield or am I imagining this?
Him, Bob Kelly, Norton, and Dipaolo would all do USO tours. Colin says he got banned from returning (I can’t remember why). They talk about it at some point here

Mick_Mickerson

Forum Clout
It was a disorganized shitshow of people talking over each other. They need someone better than Colin to steer the ship. :bhzv6yb:
Fawkkkkk this was puka shell era Opie* so he had the blond surfer Adonis look that was popular at the time, too. Forget being a model, should've been a fawkin' tv host

* I just tried to find a picture with the Opester rocking the 🐚 necklace and couldn't find it. Is this one of those random things in everyone's consciousness but didn't actually happen?