• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

What even happens on Jim & Sam?

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
It's just such a bizarre take. He presents Netflix as a company that "doesn't make any money", but can afford to pay all 12,000 employees while spending billions on content.
sigh it’s a tough one man
:image_9248:

I don’t think the implication is everyone at Netflix is running around burning documents trying to hide the Mossad money thats running out. I think it’s on it’s way out. Companies, unless they are literally frauds, don’t just go from having billions to 0$ overnight. It makes a long time for the money to dry up and it’s usually predated by wasteful spending and retarded ideas. Lets look at something like Bed Bath and Beyond, right? Shitty comparison but hear me out: Dead company, currently bankrupt. But if you looked at their balance sheet in the year prior you would probably say “Oh they still have money.” They were making revenue and they were spending like hell. But the spending didn’t match up to their profits or debt and it caused a complete spiral. They couldn’t pay bills to get products on shelf, which drove down sales, which drove down revenue, which drove down profits which drove down the stock. Now start back from “couldn’t pay bills” and it repeats itself until the stock is at 0$.

Now inserting Netflix into that scenario: They’re putting their movies in the library for higher costs than other companies. These movies aren’t making the money they want it to. They keep spending trying to turn the company around and explore new options. Eventually they can’t pay their residuals, which drives down content, which drives down revenue, then profits, then share prices. And back to exploring new options and unable to pay residuals.

Look at something like Reddit even. Unprofitable. Something like 1000+ employees and spending like hell trying to get an IPO. Why are they spending so much and have so much employees if they’re unprofitable??
You don't wanna pay Westworld residuals? Cool. I don't get paid for work I already got paid for 8 years ago either.
I don’t know the point being made here.

FamilyDollar

Welcome to our establishment
Forum Clout
It's just such a bizarre take. He presents Netflix as a company that "doesn't make any money", but can afford to pay all 12,000 employees while spending billions on content. Netflix laundering money for the Mossad is the weirdest take I've ever heard. You don't wanna pay Westworld residuals? Cool. I don't get paid for work I already got paid for 8 years ago either.

Yeah I really did fuck them over HARD. Red Dead 2 was a massive flop and nobody played it.
Hey Jewster, why did you make your profile private?

HH Brother

I wanna fuck you up the ass, funster.
Forum Clout
I hate that fucking game. I'll take GTAO with its' bugs and modders any day over that completely filled toilet bowl.
People got sand in their vaj when you called is boring GTA. I thought the first one was a snore and when I heard the sequel has like a 6 hour intro before letting you do what the fuck you want, I saved my sink money, funster.

Rockstar has been shit for at least a solid decade.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
Over the past decade, there has been a noticeable decline in the quality of video games. It seems like the industry has lost its creative spark and instead focused on churning out repetitive, uninspired titles. This has left many gamers feeling disappointed and yearning for the days when video games were truly innovative and captivating.

One of the most glaring issues with video games from the last ten years is the over-reliance on sequels and reboots. Gaming studios seem more interested in playing it safe by releasing another installment in a well-established franchise rather than taking risks with original ideas. This lack of innovation has resulted in a market flooded with predictable and formulaic games that fail to excite or surprise players.

Furthermore, the rise of microtransactions and loot boxes has also tainted the gaming landscape. Developers have become more focused on monetizing their games rather than delivering a complete and fulfilling experience. It's disheartening to see how companies have shifted their priorities towards squeezing every penny out of players, often at the expense of genuine gameplay enjoyment.

Another issue is the increasing emphasis on graphics over substance. While it's impressive to see how realistic and visually stunning games have become in the last decade, this focus on graphics often comes at the cost of compelling storytelling and engaging gameplay. Many games now rely on flashy visuals as a crutch to mask their lack of depth and originality, leaving players feeling unfulfilled.

Additionally, the prevalence of online multiplayer-focused games has had a negative impact on the overall gaming experience. These games often prioritize competitive gameplay and neglect the immersive single-player campaigns that many gamers crave. The sense of community and shared experiences that once defined multiplayer games has been replaced by toxic behavior, pay-to-win mechanics, and a lack of meaningful player interaction.

Moreover, the last ten years have seen an influx of open-world games that all seem to follow the same formula. While there have been standout titles within this genre, many of them fall into the trap of repetitive side quests and a vast world that is ultimately devoid of substantial content. Exploring a well-crafted open world used to be a thrilling and immersive experience, but now it often feels like a tedious chore.

Of course, there are exceptions to these criticisms, and there have been some truly remarkable games launched in the last ten years. However, they seem to be the exception rather than the norm. The gaming industry needs more studios willing to take creative risks, deliver complete gaming experiences without constant monetization, and prioritize engaging gameplay over shiny graphics.

In conclusion, the last ten years have not been kind to video games. The industry's focus on sequels, microtransactions, graphics, and online multiplayer have led to a decline in innovation and enjoyment for players. As gamers, we can only hope that in the next decade, developers will reignite their passion for creating immersive, original, and truly unforgettable gaming experiences.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Who doesn't like money.
Streaming services don't like money. Netflix, HBO Max, Disney+, and Peacock. According to the news today, NBC's streaming service Peacock lost $651million from April to June of this year. And is on pace for $3billion in losses in one year. NBC, one of the largest media conglomerates in the world, cannot operate a streaming service at less than $3billion in annual losses. As I said before, streaming services will never be profitable, unless they are laundering money.

When you lose $3billion a year. For several years in a row. Your business becomes impossible for someone to buy or merge with because it is a dead weight. In five years NCB's Peacock will be $15billion in the hole at this rate. Equal to Netflix's debt. If they merge at the end of the year, they will simply become a giant corporation with $30billion in debt.

You said that Sirius took over XM because of debt. Had nothing to do with debt. You simply were a 'google intern' at O&A and 'screenshot taker' at Rockstar. Before getting fired from both jobs. Then trying to leak RDR2 like a petulant lunatic. Before being thrown in a mental asylum against your will that your father made sure to put out on social media for all of us to witness. You talk about business like you are some sort of world class expert. But you are a bartender. Delusional and lecturing people about the insider finances of billion dollar operations as if you are on the board.