• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

What even happens on Jim & Sam?

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Can you expand on "lots of things"? Is that the industry terminology? Can you boil it down for a Long Island bartender? And don't use other fancy jargon like "a buncha stuff" or "this and that".
Take a look at The Irishman. Starring Robert DeNiro and Jim Norton. It cost $200million to make and some reports are over $250million. It made $8million in theaters. Assuming Netflix took half of that they still need $196million in revenue alone generated by this film just to pay for it without any profit whatsoever. Does anyone actually think that the film generated $200million in subscriptions for Netflix by itself?

Does anyone really believe that the film will get them $200million in DVD, Bluray, and Netflix subscriptions combined? How can they possibly sink $250million into a film then keep its streaming numbers secret when they send out residual checks? How is anyone supposed to be able to calculate the income generated by a project like this? Nielsen actually tried to figure out viewing numbers for The Irishman and they said that Netflix inflated its numbers by over 50%. Howie Math.

They just did another film called The Gray Man that cost $200million and did a whopping total of $450K in theaters. That one film costs more than an entire season of House of the Dragon, the biggest show out right now which does an absolute killing in DVD and Bluray sales as well. Money laundering? Cooked books? Netflix's business model makes absolutely no sense compared to actually established companies like HBO or Disney where they have income streams from cable, theaters, DVD, and Bluray. And Disney is literally burning through cash trying to keep its streaming service afloat. And HBO could not afford to pay to keep Westworld streaming as the residuals were too expensive.

Go clean up tables five and six and the bar countertop.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
Yeah so, The Irishman was released in theaters for award nomination purposes and was never intended to make it's budget back

Please stop posting. You just vomit uninformed garbage in thread after thread like you're some expert on everything.

The Grey Man generated over 245 million hours of streaming. Netflix makes money on monthly subscriptions, not box office. Netflix has 240 million paid subs a month. For a company that generates 2.4 billion dollars A MONTH...... I think they can float it.

Now shut your know nothing mouth already.

Roslyn Vampire

Forum Clout
The Grey Man generated over 245 million hours of streaming. Netflix makes money on monthly subscriptions, not box office. Netflix has 240 million paid subs a month. For a company that generates 2.4 billion dollars A MONTH...... I think they can float it.
How many hours does Jim & Sam generate on streaming/on demand do you reckon? Over or under 245 million?

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Netflix has $14billion in debt and their streaming numbers are a secret. Their subscriber math is the same Howie Math. Their 'profits' do not include lots of things that are a loss still. If they were truly making money then no one would be striking over them releasing their numbers. James Cameron and Tom Cruise can't get subscriber information from Netflix but a bartender from Long Island can?

You know that Enron was publicly traded as well, you dumb kike? To quote Stringer Bell, "you niggas never heard of Worldcom?".
I’ve noticed Netflix hasn’t been making news for paying major money for exclusive content with big names like they used to. For a while there it was like every major comedian was getting an exclusive deal for a couple Stand up specials and producing 100 million dollar movies etc. They still spend a good amount on original content but seem to be a little more reserved and not just green light all kinds of stuff.

Single Action Army

We ain't goon hooligans we Maloonigans
Forum Clout
I love that you are so willing to believe that the published numbers are the real, actual numbers.

Why should we trust the company that distributed that hit pedo movie "Cuties" that your buddy Anthony watched over and over again?

He won't change his serial contrarianism that ruined all his jobs and friendships. His "people" do have a predisposition for most known mental illnesses so cut him some slack.

One of those being the need to unquestioningly side with multi-billion dollar corporations every time.

LingerLonger

Forum Clout
Yeah so, The Irishman was released in theaters for award nomination purposes and was never intended to make it's budget back.
What kind of business spends $250million to never makes its money back?
The Grey Man generated over 245 million hours of streaming.
No proof outside of what Netflix says.
Netflix makes money on monthly subscriptions, not box office. Netflix has 240 million paid subs a month. For a company that generates 2.4 billion dollars A MONTH...... I think they can float it.
They make money on subs, ads, sponsored content, licensing fees, merchandise, theatrical releases, DVD and Bluray, and probably a few other ways. Yet are still $14billion in debt. Billion. They have yet to turn a profit as a company. They are literally $14billion dollars away from making their first dollar in actual profit. Not a successful company.

Warner Brothers is currently $50billion in debt. These companies are not sustainable like this. Not a single media conglomerate now operates at anything less than a billion dollars in debt. This is simply absurd. Disney had $50billion in debt and only $10billion in cash. These companies just burn through money.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
serial contrarianism

multi-billion dollar corporations every time.

Netflix sounds like the brokest multi-billion corporation ever!

I just find it fascinating to me that there's an argument as to whether or not Netflix makes money. They spend like 17 Billion on content every year. Sounds to me like they make money, and then spend it on content. Debt is a interesting topic. That's why Sirius absorbed XM and not the other way around. XM was the bigger company, but Sirius had more debt on the books, making them the bigger company in the eyes of the banks.

Let me ask, since you're a corporate finance genius, what is it that you do for a living LingerLonger - Still Spreading The O&A Virus? I'm going to guess CFO of a Fortune 500. Why don't you get a job with Netflix or WB/Disc? Sounds like you could really turn things around for them since you really seem to know what you're talking about.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Forum Clout
Let me ask, since you're a corporate finance genius, what is it that you do for a living LingerLonger - Still Spreading The O&A Virus? I'm going to guess CFO of a Fortune 500. Why don't you get a job with Netflix or WB/Disc? Sounds like you could really turn things around for them since you really seem to know what you're talking about.
Hitting him with a "What do you do for a living, character?" Vurry good

BenDovid

Forum Clout
Hitting him with a "What do you do for a living, character?" Vurry good

The man is clearly extraordinarily knowledgeable across a multitude of industries. Some people look at Netflix and see a 26 year old company with hundreds of millions of subscribers with the affordability to spend billions of dollars on programming content.

Then you have this guy, who can see through all the bullshit for what Netflix really is. A money laundering front for the Mossad. I can't believe I didn't see this before. It's so clear now.

LingerLonger

Forum Clout
Netflix sounds like the brokest multi-billion corporation ever!
You do realize that billion dollar corporations routinely fail. From crypto scams to airlines to banks. How many banks get bailed out? Auto companies? GM was bailed out for $80billion by taxpayers and only paid back $70billion. Meaning they got a free $10billion from taxpayers for being a failing company. No punishments or accountability or anything. Yeah sure GM produced and manufactured lots of cars....but not for actual profit. They literally would not exist without money coming from another outside source.

And this doesn't even include the insane amount of PPP loan fraud. We are currently looking at around $800billion of unaccounted for loan money from the government for PPP loans during Covid. Two trillion in missing money from the Pentagon in 2001. The modern financial world is a joke. Someone like Jeffrey Epstein controls billions of dollars in business but no one questions where he got all his money from (Mossad). Just like there is no accountability for Epstein's money Netflix is just floating in mystery cash.

You've obviously never run a business before. You took screenshots at Rockstar and think you are some type of financial guru. While you were the 'google intern' at Sirius I had enough money to retire. I was listening to you fail at Guitar Hero getting ready to permanently leave NYC and retire.
I just find it fascinating to me that there's an argument as to whether or not Netflix makes money.
They are $14billion in debt. They make nothing.
Debt is a interesting topic.
Only to kikes.
Let me ask, since you're a corporate finance genius, what is it that you do for a living LingerLonger - Still Spreading The O&A Virus?
I used to work in NYC doing corporate finance. Now I am retired. Spending my summers swimming. Winters skiing. I am as old as O&A. A fossil. I look at these PPP loans and bailouts and sports teams getting taxpayer funded stadiums and thank God that I was not born a jew so I don't have to burn in Hell for being part of any of it.

None of these media companies are profitable without some major laundering or fraud. I do not believe that Netflix is a sustainable business model. Even the NFL is not a profitable venture. The Buffalo Bills are getting $1.4billion from taxpayers to build their new stadium. They simply could not survive as an organization without the government forcing taxpayers to subsidize the hobbies of a small minority of nigger worshiping losers.

Imager

STFUYSN
Forum Clout
The Buffalo Bills are getting $1.4billion from taxpayers to build their new stadium. They simply could not survive as an organization without the government forcing taxpayers to subsidize the hobbies of a small minority of nigger worshiping losers.
(kike voice): "This means that The Buffalo Bills are actually a profitable organization. Why spend your own money when you can spend someone else's?" -BenDovid, after rubbing his hands together getting prepared to jerk off to the thought of spending gentile money

Single Action Army

We ain't goon hooligans we Maloonigans
Forum Clout

You keep yappin yet this is all I see

1690240354881.png

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
The man is clearly extraordinarily knowledgeable across a multitude of industries. Some people look at Netflix and see a 26 year old company with hundreds of millions of subscribers with the affordability to spend billions of dollars on programming content.

Then you have this guy, who can see through all the bullshit for what Netflix really is. A money laundering front for the Mossad. I can't believe I didn't see this before. It's so clear now.
Did you get a gig at Netflix or some shit? I’m genuinely asking why you’re in a heated, week long debate about Netflix’s profitability with a dude who writes O&A essays

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
None of these media companies are profitable without some major laundering or fraud. I do not believe that Netflix is a sustainable business model. Even the NFL is not a profitable venture. The Buffalo Bills are getting $1.4billion from taxpayers to build their new stadium. They simply could not survive as an organization without the government forcing taxpayers to subsidize the hobbies of a small minority of nigger worshiping losers.
The only reason Netflix is “profitable” is because they don’t have the same deals as network TV or Hollywood, but this is all going to change come 2024 and the current writers strike ends and these actors inevitably get their demands.

The way I understand it is it’s like this:

When actors sign on for TV or movies, depending on their role, they’re given residual checks. If they’re given 5 or more lines of dialogue they’re inducted into the actors / writers guild and get a pension, retirement, health care, and other benefits. Patrice o Neal used to talk about how he’d get a residual check from being on the Office as a background character for one episode. So for a lot of these actors thats how they get their living. And it was simple because back in the day, if a viewer catches a show live it’s quantifiable. One view = (insert dollar amount). Then when they got into reruns, DVR and on demand, they would account for this too.

However in the age of streaming services theres none of what I just said. There’s no residual deals for old or new shows because no one thought about it. Even if you did you have to trust THEIR numbers of who’s streaming what because theres not a quantifiable figure. Now that former showrunners are suing streaming services, as well as actors to rework their deals, if they win these streaming companies are fucked. They can afford to buy dogshit IP’s for nothing, put it on their platform, and coast by off the subscription revenue and meager ad dollars. Now imagine for that dogshit IP they had to pay every actor director and producer a cut of the streaming numbers and revenue. Now multiply that by their entire catalogue. They are fucked. I don’t care how much revenue or debt they have, it is not profitable. And we don’t live in an age where it’s “good enough” to be profitable. You consistently have to BEAT profits to meet shareholders expectations and keep the money rolling in. Changing the entire business model and posting one profit-less month could spell a death spiral into investors pulling out, missed profits, investors pulling out, etc until total collapse.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
Did you get a gig at Netflix or some shit? I’m genuinely asking why you’re in a heated, week long debate about Netflix’s profitability with a dude who writes O&A essays

It's just such a bizarre take. He presents Netflix as a company that "doesn't make any money", but can afford to pay all 12,000 employees while spending billions on content. Netflix laundering money for the Mossad is the weirdest take I've ever heard. You don't wanna pay Westworld residuals? Cool. I don't get paid for work I already got paid for 8 years ago either.

Waiting for him to spoil a new series like he mother fucked gta

Yeah I really did fuck them over HARD. Red Dead 2 was a massive flop and nobody played it.

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
Also it should be noted , as I said in the other thread about Tough Crowd, Netflix is slowly being pushed out by other streaming services. Every TV network has it’s own on demand library of shit THEY own which means no licensing fees to pay out to get the title on your service. Netflix doesn’t own anything except their original series (which, to be fair, some of them make a shit ton of money like Squid Games), so the costs keep incurring. Not only are you having to pay for the property / streaming rights to get these things on your service, you’ll then have to pay residuals. All while competitors are opening their own services and hosting their own content, which takes from the pool of what Netflix can get.