• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

RIP Ralph Cirella - Hoo Hoo's Fashion Stylist Dead at 58!

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
1701880536063.jpeg

1701880550018.jpeg

1701880561223.jpeg

HalfHouseFatty

Monkey HOUSE
Forum Clout
Hook Nose Jew Bastard couldn't even part with a couple of his shekels to buy his best friend/employee/lover of almost 40 years some goddamn health insurance. Ralph would probably be alive if he would have had health insurance to take care of this early on when they caught it.
That's what I couldn't believe. He said he was friends with him for 40 years and he couldn't hook the guy up with health insurance? He wouldn't help pay for Scott's wife's nurse while she was dying either.

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
That's what I couldn't believe. He said he was friends with him for 40 years and he couldn't hook the guy up with health insurance? He wouldn't help pay for Scott's wife's nurse while she was dying either.
Howard seems to live in a world of “Fuck you - I got mine.” You’re sick and need money to live? Not my problem. If you needed the money you would have worked as hard / been as successful as me. It’s some scumbag shit. The dude is worth millions upon millions of dollars. I don’t even believe he should be some philanthropist paying 100% for everybodies shit but you can’t even help out, just a little bit?

No one would expect O&A to take care of Sam or Steve if they got cancer. But thats also because they weren’t the biggest radio show making 9 figures every contract.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

i wish my rapist would call me back 😍
Forum Clout
Howard seems to live in a world of “Fuck you - I got mine.” You’re sick and need money to live? Not my problem. If you needed the money you would have worked as hard / been as successful as me. It’s some scumbag shit. The dude is worth millions upon millions of dollars. I don’t even believe he should be some philanthropist paying 100% for everybodies shit but you can’t even help out, just a little bit?

No one would expect O&A to take care of Sam or Steve if they got cancer. But thats also because they weren’t the biggest radio show making 9 figures every contract.
That was always his issue with Stuttering John. He’d pay him peanuts then get mad when at the staff when they’d do appearances where they mentioned they were from the show. Jackie said it best: “he’d never get involved with contract negotiations on your behalf but he knew exactly where every penny went.”

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout

Artie Lange - who was no longer on the show - did more for Scott’s dying wife than Howard.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
That was always his issue with Stuttering John. He’d pay him peanuts then get mad when at the staff when they’d do appearances where they mentioned they were from the show. Jackie said it best: “he’d never get involved with contract negotiations on your behalf but he knew exactly where every penny went.”
One of the biggest scumbag stern moves was when he told the staff they couldn’t do appearances anymore because he felt it hurt his “brand” - Gary said he had to do all of those shit gigs for store openings, car dealerships, etc so he could buy a house. People WANTED to meet the staff from his show at the events and they all knew Stern wasn’t coming but Howie said no for his brand.

It was annoying and Hacky at the time but Jackie was really smart to include his plugs after every break as part of his contract.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

Forum Clout
One of the biggest scumbag stern moves was when he told the staff they couldn’t do appearances anymore because he felt it hurt his “brand” - Gary said he had to do all of those shit gigs for store openings, car dealerships, etc so he could buy a house. People WANTED to meet the staff from his show at the events and they all knew Stern wasn’t coming but Howie said no for his brand.
“My audience is a commodity, I don’t take advantage of them.” His second book was just transcripts of interviews and like 20 pages of new material.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
“My audience is a commodity, I don’t take advantage of them.” His second book was just transcripts of interviews and like 20 pages of new material.
I don’t know how he has any fans after that, there’s lazy ways people rip off their fans (Looking at you, KISS) but putting out a “book” that’s a chapters worth of new material and the rest transcripts is really low.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Despite being quite possibly the biggest fuck up on the planet, Artie is definitely an extremely nice guy at heart.
Yeah I remember Artie would do charity gigs for people pretty often as well as giving his own money to help people. Scott had to do a GFM and Stern wouldn’t even mention it on the air.

I’m pissed Ralph is dead because I know he would be the first staff member to spill all the beans about stern after he dies.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

Forum Clout
I don’t know how he has any fans after that, there’s lazy ways people rip off their fans (Looking at you, KISS) but putting out a “book” that’s a chapters worth of new material and the rest transcripts is really low.
I think he probably has about 1% of his old fans from about 15 years ago who just listen to him out of habit and the rest are just edgy soccer moms.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

Forum Clout
Yeah I remember Artie would do charity gigs for people pretty often as well as giving his own money to help people. Scott had to do a GFM and Stern wouldn’t even mention it on the air.

I’m pissed Ralph is dead because I know he would be the first staff member to spill all the beans about stern after he dies.
I remember him being annoyed that he agreed to do a benefit for Yucko and was like, “if I agreed to it then fine, I’ll do it.” You can just tell he’s a nice guy. It’s tough to fake that. I genuinely believe Hoo Hoo and Ralph were gay together.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Ralph was notorious was stealing money from people. He would wait until someone had left the tip for the waitress at a restaurant and take money from the tip. So if someone left a $500 tip in $100 bills, Ralph would take two of the bills, and pocket $200 for himself. Or if people were playing poker he would steal their chips from the table and whatnot. And always lie and deny it but eventually this spilled over to the airwaves because Artie refused to let it slide even when Ralph begged Howard not to talk about it on air.

And as people have pointed out, Ralph worked for Howard for his entire life, and yet had no health insurance despite being the best friend and worker for two jewish billionaires in both Stern and Sam Simon.

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
-The same guy who said he would piss on his audience and doesn’t give a shit about them.

While I understand Howards point at the time - An oversaturation of the Stern brand and name decreases its value. The Stern name shouldn’t be used for low level productions but shit worthy of the influence. (This doesn’t hold much weight when you consider Howie used his name to promote some of the worst bands on Earth.)

But in hindsight its very clear what the issue was. Howard wanted complete control over his employees. He would have shut down the gigs even if there were no mention of the Stern show. Second is Howard wanted to be the face. You can’t let Jackie, Fred, Artie, John, or Gary make names for themselves because then fans may be listening for or like other people than Howard. Third is Howard probably knew he was a cheap bastard and felt bad his employees had to do side gigs for money - but instead of being a man and correcting this he shut down the gigs altogether.

But I think more than anything its the first and second point. Howard loved to remind his employees they wouldn’t be fucking shit without him and should be kissing his feet for even allowing them to have paid jobs on the show. Maybe someone more of a Stern fan can correct me if i’m wrong, but the show wouldn’t exist without the other members. Jackie, Fred, Robin, Gary etc are all critical parts of the show. Their roles may be replaceable (i.e, that dropping sound clips or producing isn’t unique to Fred and Gary) but it was their personalities and quirks that they were loved for. And sure, no one would know who they were without Stern. But no one would know who Stern was without these guys, even if the balance is 70/30 in Howies favor. But more than it being Howards genuine belief it was a manipulation tactic to keep the troops in line.

Bababooey was making shit money for at least a decade and was doing these liveshows. Howard had to chew him out multiple times over it and always treated the guy like shit. Anyone truly believe a competitor never offered Gary a bigger salary to quit and work for them? But he didn’t because Howard convinced everyone working for him they were useless without the golden boy. The only dummy not to listen was Stuttering John who proved his point. But unlike, say, Billy West, John had literally no talent except for what Howard and the guys wrote him.

TLDR he’s a scumbag.