Brothaman bought his $2M Long Island beach house with cash

Cars are expensive, got it. That said, cars being expensive has nothing to do with anything being discussed here. Car values and home prices are not related in any way. You are desperate to try and downplay Opie's financial success and bordering on insane about admitting you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

I was trying to break it down so even a moron could understand. Didn't work.

People who have REAL financial success don't busk on Facebook live for $4.99. Opie hasn't had income for what, 6 years? I sure hope he has good real estate because that's literally all he has. Your weak mind forgets he was doing his dumb streams from his car on alternate side parking days because he couldn't afford a garage. Multimillion dollar dude sitting in his car for alternate side parking is pathetic. Why can't he afford a new hat? Tippy Tom was better dressed. Nothing about anything screams "I'm doing real well, trust me." when you look at Gregg.

JebJoh

I was trying to break it down so even a moron could understand. Didn't work.

Because apparently you're too much of a moron, tell us more about Opie's trapped equity.

People who have REAL financial success don't busk on Facebook live for $4.99. Opie hasn't had income for what, 6 years? I sure hope he has good real estate because that's literally all he has. Your weak mind forgets he was doing his dumb streams from his car on alternate side parking days because he couldn't afford a garage. Multimillion dollar dude sitting in his car for alternate side parking is pathetic. Why can't he afford a new hat? Tippy Tom was better dressed. Nothing about anything screams "I'm doing real well, trust me." when you look at Gregg.
10 million in real estate, 6 figure private schools for his kids, 10 years of living in NYC without a job isn't financial success to you? Is that the trapped equity he should be worrying about?

Sorry you didn't get the bit, the whole alternate side thing was too high brow for someone like you. I get it, he's wealthy and you're angry. Sorry that is so funny to me.

Should he run his new hat purchases by you? Maybe he should have a 35000 rug? Seems you've never met a financially independent in your life.

Looks like you picked the wrong partner to man-servant for, should have stuck with Opie and maybe he'd let you visit the beach once in awhile

Looks like you picked the wrong partner to man-servant for, should have stuck with Opie and maybe he'd let you visit the beach once in awhile

I don't think I'd be able to fit in his Hamptons Tinyhome. I don't think his entire family can which is why you only see him there alone talking about what an asshole Jimmy is. You see how eager he is too to make contact with Anthony? STINKS of broke desperation. Opie also has no prenup, so whatever figure you wanna come up with, chop that in half first.

Jen_Tomlinson

Everyone’s alt
Dovid perking up at an opie thread.

IMG_4510.jpeg

JebJoh

I don't think I'd be able to fit in his Hamptons Tinyhome. I don't think his entire family can which is why you only see him there alone talking about what an asshole Jimmy is. You see how eager he is too to make contact with Anthony? STINKS of broke desperation.
They all fit just fine, 2000 sf on the ocean, another 1000 in decks. And by the time his kids are adults, that place will be worth 6 million and he can retire again on that money. He's living like the Prince of NY. Sorry his wild financial success makes you so unhappy

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
You don't seem to understand the concept of trapped equity. Nobody is saying he can't sell it. But if he wanted to use the money to buy another beach house, he can't, since values are up across the board. We can go back to the car analogy since this is proving too complicated.

You have a 2018 Camry you paid $12,000 for. in 2021 you sold it for $18,000 because used car prices went up. Now you're thinking, oh boy! Now I'm going to use that and get a new car! Now used cars are $20,000, so you're better off just keeping the car you have because even with the profit realized, you're still going out of pocket.
See I think the one problem is you’re assuming if he sells the house he also has to buy one. He has a main house. So there is nothing stopping him from selling the one house for a profit, living in his main one, and then buying another property when the prices get low again. And its not even a guarantee he would buy another property, he could just pocket that shit.

JebJoh

Was thinking how many times stupid Dovid would chime in because it was about alpha opester and was not disappointed.
I didn't realize how Opie's success affected him. I remember when nana was losing his house on LI he sounded pretty mad that Opie had a multi million dollar beach house. I don't get these 2, did Opie buy his beach house by stealing their money?

See I think the one problem is you’re assuming if he sells the house he also has to buy one. He has a main house. So there is nothing stopping him from selling the one house for a profit, living in his main one, and then buying another property when the prices get low again. And its not even a guarantee he would buy another property, he could just pocket that shit.

He could, but he would never. His ego won't allow it. That's why he STILL lives in Manhattan with no actual need to. If he's selling a beachhouse, he's buying a beachouse. Otherwise it's just money he can't use.

JebJoh

Opester also made his brother have a legit fawkin’ business if he wanted to get any taste of the radio show bucks.

AntH? He let big bro run wild with the credit card and be a “front man” of “tribute bands.” Now look at Joseph:
Another wild success for Opie, his brother's restaurant survived the pandemic and is doing well. It is now considered a fairly upscale place with nothing but 4 star reviews.

I didn't realize how Opie's success affected him. I remember when nana was losing his house on LI he sounded pretty mad that Opie had a multi million dollar beach house. I don't get these 2, did Opie buy his beach house by stealing their money?

He's undeserved. He think's his talent paid for that house. In reality, Anthony and Jim paid for that house along with guys like Bill Burr, Bob Kelly, Rich Vos, Patrice Oneal and all the other regular comics who carried him on their backs.

Mr Ass

Shit is only worth what somebody else will pay for it. If Opie sold that house, he wouldn't be able to afford or find another, so while the house has value, the equity will never be realized since selling means he needs the money out. Are you sucking the dick of trapped equity?

My cars value doubled from 10 to 20 and new cars are 30. See how that works?

This is his second house. It is all profit. Opie is 61. He isn't going to need a big fancy house and a beach house.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
Another wild success for Opie, his brother's restaurant survived the pandemic and is doing well. It is now considered a fairly upscale place with nothing but 4 star reviews.
And unlike the checks Ant cut to his babybro AKA free money for Joes welfare, Opie INVESTED in his brothers company and receives a little pieece. Thats called helping family while also not being a pushover bum.

If I had to speculate its because he’s a cheapster. Always has been always will be, especially considering he has 0 income now. The Opster would rather keep the house, even if the housing market has a chance to collapse, than to cash out and have the money sitting static.

JebJoh

He could, but he would never. His ego won't allow it. That's why he STILL lives in Manhattan with no actual need to. If he's selling a beachhouse, he's buying a beachouse. Otherwise it's just money he can't use.
If you can afford to live in manhattan, you do, you don't think about it beyond "I'd like to live in manhattan" if you can afford a nice beach house, you buy one, you don't need to think about it beyond, "I want a summer house" That is the life of a wealthy new yorker who doesn't need to worry about money.