• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAWD Sam Kinison?

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Gilbert was one of the funniest jews ever. He seems harmless -- why can't they all be like that?

Gilbert's Seinfeld was so good that other comedians didn't impersonate Seinfeld; they impersonated Gilbert doing Seinfeld.
And Gilbert was doing that impression long before Seinfeld was even a star. He would go on after him at clubs when they were starting out and he would goof on Jerry to the audience and would do a “Seinfeld but Dirty” routine and Jerry would get pissed off and say “I don’t sound like that!”

Fawkin loved Gilbert. Best Stern show guest.

WhereWeAt

Forum Clout
His gravestone is inscribed, "In another time and place he would have been called prophet."

The persona of pivoting from charismatic and polished to reckless and psychotic was funny, but prophetic? What deeper meaning was there behind any of his jokes? Is there a single Kinison joke that works in written/typed form?

Where is the Divine inspiration behind any of his humor?

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout
Yes indeed, I certainly do. I'd say the best stand up are quick jokes, and there are not many comics that can do that. Dangerfield, Stephen Wright, Mitch Hedberg and a small number of others. Norm did that a little. It's way harder to do than rants, which is why it's a rare.

Also Rodney's humor is still relevant, can still get laughs. It's aged remarkably well, where as most stand up becomes more forgettable as the years go by.

he had writers

Imager

STFUYSN
Forum Clout
That’s right, Jackie also has a falling out with Rodney over money.
Jackie paid Rodney back with jokes, per Jackie.

That was one episode of the Howard Stern show on E! where it really was worth watching on TV. Jackie was legitimately hurt and embarrassed. That doesn't make Jackie right, but he had no idea Rodney had a beef with him and thought they were square. Pretty brutal.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Jackie paid Rodney back with jokes, per Jackie.

That was one episode of the Howard Stern show on E! where it really was worth watching on TV. Jackie was legitimately hurt and embarrassed. That doesn't make Jackie right, but he had no idea Rodney had a beef with him and thought they were square. Pretty brutal.
Yeah Rodney came in and pretty much ignored Jackie after Jackie had made it sound like they were good friends from writing / opening for him. I think Rodney gave him money to fund one of his dopey joke albums

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
He claimed he wrote the joke, “my dad just finished his first book. He’s going to read another one soon.” Or something like that. I love Jackie but I don’t really understand his stand up career.
Jackie’s stand up was the least funny thing about him. His life was hilarious - from owning a bunch of small homes, being a drunk, his wife, his jokeland nonsense, all the crappy merchandise was so funny.