• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAWD Looking up what Jocktober'd DJs are up to these days?

AntSucks

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Forum Clout
Blaine and Allyson took quite the beating in 2010 Blaine and Allyson Jocktober

Allyson ended up getting the boot in 2015 and Blaine stayed at the same station! Allyson had just celebrated 20 years at 96.3 WDVD before she says Cumulus unexpectedly let her go in July 2015.

There's NO FAWKIN' LOYALTY in this STUPID business :brothaman_md:

Allyson is doing another show as the female sidekick and it's absolute GARBAGE

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Forum Clout
Lamont and Tonelli share an account on this very forum
Lamont and Tonelli (Jocktober 2010) took a beating but they're still together on San Francisco's 107.7 THE BONE. Unironically, doing 30 years together and still being on in the mornings in a major market is a pretty damn good accomplishment.

Their website is like a trip back to 2006 shock jockery -- they interview Mr. Skin like Howard used to when I was in high school and they have a "We Don't Talk About Bruno" parody song about Blue Balls I accidentally chuckled at.

!!!BONUS!!! At 10m18s into the jocktober THE DESTROYER :brothaman_sm: peels back the curtain and lets us know REGULAR RADIO guys will often POUND the desk in order to pump things up. :image_9253_m:

Last edited:

Mick_Mickerson

Forum Clout
View attachment 70335
Like so many radio duos, Maney (the bro) and Riley went their separate ways, but still landed on their feet! Maney and Riley Jocktober

Maney is now doing mornings in Charlotte, with another cutie (who oddly looks similar to Riley)
View attachment 70342

Riley, arguably one of the most successful of the Jocktober alums (never been without a morning drive slot since starting her radio career in 2007) is currently living her best life as co-host of a morning drive show in one of the most popular hit stations in our Nation's Capital. Definitely reaching more folks than either of the bbbbbbbbbbboys while remaining physically fit!

View attachment 70344
Maney is still doing a morning show in Charlotte and look what is on the show's website TODAY in the year of our Lord 2023?! War of the FAWKIN' Roses...

Screenshot 2023-10-04 120237.png

The still-beautiful Riley left radio a month after this was posted and now has a podcast: https://ramp247.com/programming/riley-really-relaunches-podcast/

Mick_Mickerson

Forum Clout
@BenDovid Do you think Sam's unique ability come up with long-standing recurring bits like Jocktober--that still have people talking all these years later and creates yearly buzz--is why he was groomed to take over the Opie and Anthony mantel and retain a top hosting job for seven years running?

It is a unique talent to think of things that will "catch on" and be popular year after year. Say what you will about Sam, but the guy was a powerhouse with coming up with bits like this that helped form the backbone of the show and maintain its popularity. I assume the crew/management were abuzz when he created these types of bits

BenDovid

Forum Clout
@BenDovid Do you think Sam's unique ability come up with long-standing recurring bits like Jocktober--that still have people talking all these years later and creates yearly buzz--is why he was groomed to take over the Opie and Anthony mantel and retain a top hosting job for seven years running?

It is a unique talent to think of things that will "catch on" and be popular year after year. Say what you will about Sam, but the guy was a powerhouse with coming up with bits like this that helped form the backbone of the show and maintain its popularity. I assume the crew/management were abuzz when he created these types of bits

Oh absolutely! It's 100% led to his current success.

LAZERBEAMZ

Forum Clout
I'm part way through re-listening to jocktober and I made a list.

10/01/08 Frankie and Danger Boy - Apparently Danger Boy had a break down on air where he cried in the bathroom. Eventually he was fired/quit and went to another morning show in the same city.

10/09/08 Wilde and Fee - There are no google results for them after April 2009, so I assume they were fired.

10/27/08 Lander In The Morn - Was fired in Dec 2008 and never worked again

10/28/08 The Nancy and Chris Show - Jocktober videos are the only google results for this show

Connie & Fish (10/07/09) - Connie died of liver cancer in 2021. Fish continues in radio.

Lee & Alana (10/08/09) - Lee died of a stroke in 2014. Alana is a music director at a country station.

Bill & Marla (10/20/09) - Bill died of cancer in 2013. Marla continues in radio.

Murphy in the Morning (10/21/09) - Huh, Murphy literally announced his retirement yesterday

10/04/10 Blaine & Allyson - They were partners for 20 years before Allyson got fired in 2014, and Blaine has never spoken to her since.

10/19/10 Carter and Jackie - Aside from jocktober videos the only result I found was this

10-24-2011 - Rick & Len - Len got fired for saying he was glad Rush Limbaugh died on his facebook page

Haven't gotten to the rest yet, but it's all pretty boring. Pretty much everyone else was still doing radio, maybe moved stations occasionally. None of the husband and wife duos are divorced as far as I can tell.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Do you think Sam's unique ability come up with long-standing recurring bits like Jocktober--that still have people talking all these years later and creates yearly buzz--is why he was groomed to take over the Opie and Anthony mantel and retain a top hosting job for seven years running?
Sam didn't come up with Jocktober. It was Opie. Opie started a show in 2007 talking about rock jocks doing "Rocktober" and "Zeptember" and stuff like that which started a long discussion about doing their own version of it. That turned into Erocktober and (Master) Po-vember where they did an entire month of Erock bits. Stuff like "Garlic Butter Saw" came from Erocktober. And eventually "Embarrassing Tapes Day". Which lead to Opie bringing in more stuff from WAAF or RealRockTV for them to trash as well. The listeners wanted them to goof on more embarrassing tapes and radio moments and Opie said that they had been going to war with other shows for years and this was an old bit. But a listener said something like "how about Jocktober where you do a month of radio wars?". Opie said that they would do it next year.

They had goofed on other radio shows before Jocktober. Maxwell, John and Jeff, and even Terry Clifford had some beatings that were served before Jocktober. But Jocktober officially began a year after being conceived on the year with the 2008 month long bit. The first year it was listeners and the producers including Sam pulling clips from various shows. But by 2010 pretty much every single show on Jocktober that was not 'Scott and Todd' level came from listeners. It was the Pests who came up with the Fugitive Jocktobers for example. And often the clips on the show came from the Pests as well and Sam would just write his lines and present them.

Sam produced them all and was in studio sarcastically reading the setups for each bit. "This guy.....he wants to buy flowers for his girlfriend.....and things take a pretty drastic turn......you'll want to hear this". By 2011 the Pests started a new bit for Jocktober where they would harass the stations on their websites and social media pages. Like vandalizing the Facebook pages with images of Hulk Hogan doing 9/11 or pictures of a man using a garden hose to inform a child to "go be a nigger over there".

When Anthony was fired it was decided to not do Jocktober in 2014 except for a single Scott and Todd beating. Anthony tried to do Jocktober on his faggy Compound Show but seems to have stopped it as well.

Mick_Mickerson

Forum Clout
Maney is still doing a morning show in Charlotte and look what is on the show's website TODAY in the year of our Lord 2023?! War of the FAWKIN' Roses...

View attachment 156533

The still-beautiful Riley left radio a month after this was posted and now has a podcast: https://ramp247.com/programming/riley-really-relaunches-podcast/
Screenshot 2023-10-04 144448.png

The fact this dude has done morning radio with two different cuties (who oddly look alike) tickles my ribs because it seems like such an anomaly in the radio biz:

c-RileyCouture__A0FDC272000F473388B82594F6097C16_1649944612734.jpeg

LauRen-Merola-.jpg

One was literally a Miss USA finalist and pro sports cheerleader before radio. Although, perhaps our resident radio expert @LingerLonger (with help from @BenDovid) can answer... wasn't that a "thing" ~10-15 years ago with PDs because they were really pushing the visual element for social media? Recording stuff in studio and at events, etc.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

i wish my rapist would call me back 😍
Forum Clout
View attachment 156582
The fact this dude has done morning radio with two different cuties (who oddly look alike) tickles my ribs because it seems like such an anomaly in the radio biz:

View attachment 156583

View attachment 156584

One was literally a Miss USA finalist and pro sports cheerleader before radio. Although, perhaps our resident radio expert @LingerLonger (with help from @BenDovid) can answer... wasn't that a "thing" ~10-15 years ago with PDs because they were really pushing the visual element for social media? Recording stuff in studio and at events, etc.
Don’t ask @BenDovid about radio, ask him about bar backing or attempted gang rapes.

Zeroman

Potential R* Screenshotter
Forum Clout
He was calling in with awful jokes (not the jerky guy) then they walked back so hard once Jim was in the next day and they found out he was friends with Breuer too. Norton likened Marley to two Boston legends that he “genuinely never heard their act but heard they’re amazing.”
That's right, I got confused and thought the jerky fella and the caller were both Bob.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Hot chicks usually get hired for network news or sports television or radio. Aside from ghoulish nightmares like Suzyn Waldman who get their jobs for their jew background. Nick Dipaolo's show with Artie featured two blonde twins for no reason other than that they were hot. If you are good looking and young and female you can get a job on any sports network as long as you can handle yourself on camera.

Of course nowadays the media only hires ugly and fat people. And dykes and weirdos. They want all women on camera to look like Ellen Degeneres or Rosie O'Donnell or Michael Obama. Hollywood movies now feature ugly nigger women instead of classic screen beauties. They tried to put Amy Schumer as Barbie instead of Margot Robbie but society isn't that degenerate yet.

Opie talked about how women with hot voices get hired even if they are ugly pigs for radio. Because you can airbrush their photos or just take a 'neck up' picture for the website or posters. Opie also talked about how he and Anthony would lie about themselves to appear younger to the listeners. "Late 20s, why?". Pretending they were not married, smoking pot, and so on. People used to call into Stern in the 80s and ask how "hot" Robin was. And Howard would have them describe what they think Robin looked like and it was always "young, blonde, thin, blue eyes".

Voscabulary

the lord chief constable knows I'm owen
Forum Clout

jocktober was opie's idea, not sam's. all sam did was flog the work onto interns, then took all the credit for it