• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Robinson et al v. City of Milwaukee et al

DeadWithoutMyDavid

xe/xim/xey
Forum Clout
Here's gpt's interpretation for my fellow tards:

The document you uploaded is a Reply Brief filed in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin for the case Niki Robinson and Patrick Tomlinson vs. City of Milwaukee and others, Case No. 24-CV-00264.

The brief primarily addresses the defendants' arguments in favor of dismissing the case under Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 12(b)(6). Here are a few key points covered:

911 Case Precedent: The defendants argue that the 911 precedent applies equally to all emergency service requests, even those made through non-emergency means like a VPN to a suicide prevention line or a crisis text line. They claim the seriousness of the tips justified the officers' actions.

Reliability of Emergency Requests: Defendants argue that prior knowledge of false emergency service calls does not make subsequent calls unreliable, especially when they involve potentially life-threatening situations. They defend the officers' actions as reasonable, given the circumstances.

Qualified Immunity: The brief claims that the defendants are entitled to qualified immunity. It argues that the constitutional rights in question should be defined in the context of emergency responses, not just as a broad principle about warrantless searches and seizures.

Knock and Talk Procedure: Defendants also discuss the legality of the "knock and talk" procedure, emphasizing that it does not violate the Fourth Amendment.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
My favorite passage:

Plaintiffs appear to allege that “do[ing] more” was subject to what Plaintiffs—not the trained and experienced members of law enforcement, or society in general— thought was reasonable, and that the police should have just accepted Plaintiffs’ assurances—including the assurances of Plaintiff Tomlinson, the alleged suspect—at face value and left.

I decide what standard operating procedure is, child.
This is what I said way back at the start of this. The police are called out being told that Pat killed Niki, and are somehow supposed to take Pats word of him going “No i didnt kill her now fuck off and no you cant see her” as acceptable.

Toothless Enthusiast

Killed by Patrick!
Forum Clout
I'm serious, are these not public?
MPD asked to seal them to avoid further oinking

4742cc45af8d25957f8bceb2e1a5e0cd.png

TheDarkFezRises

Asians with southern accents
Forum Clout
When’s all written down like this in one spot, this looks like a man getting ready to kill his wife and making sure police ignore the 911 calls to his hovel.
It definitely looks like something extremely shady. Unless he's just becoming even more unhinged and his personality is even more repulsive than we suspect.