• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Jesus Christ. Imagine being such a weak faggot that drinking a beer would cause you to spiral and destroy your life.

Forum Clout
I am convinced drunks could show some self restraint and have a few social drinks
I get why they don't but they occasionally drink one accidently and it hardly turns them into some type of booze hound
Coming up on 2 years of sobriety in February. You're probably right in all honesty, most drunks could probably handle a few social drinks without full blown, overnight collapse. I'm saying that as someone who was a pretty bad alcoholic by any metric of the word.

However, after almost 2 years away from it, why would I even bother rolling those dice? I have an objective comparison between the life I lived when I was drinking and the life i live without it. The life without it is better in almost every way. A social buzz just isn't enticing enough for me to potentially start back at square one and go through all of the shit i went through again just to get back to where i am now. Most alcoholics can't drink socially because they don't want to. They want to drink as much as they want whenever they want to. But once you realize and accept that you can't do that anymore, it becomes much easier to just not drink at all. Call it weak or pathetic or whatever you want, it doesn't change the reality that alcoholics have to accept to get better.

However, I'm not a performative weirdo about it like a lot of people (ex. Worm Norton) in recovery tend to be. I'll hold my wife's drink for her if she needs to get something out of her purse. I'm perfectly content at parties or weddings where people are getting drunk and i don't bring up my sobriety unless someone asks about it.

Last edited:

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
Coming up on 2 years of sobriety in February. You're probably right in all honesty, most drunks could probably handle a few social drinks without full blown, overnight collapse. I'm saying that as someone who was a pretty bad alcoholic by any metric of the word.

However, after almost 2 years away from it, why would I even bother rolling those dice? I have an objective comparison between the life I lived when I was drinking and the life i live without it. The life without it is better in almost every way. A social buzz just isn't enticing enough for me to potentially start back at square one and go through all of the shit i went through again just to get back to where i am now. Most alcoholics can't drink socially because they don't want to. They want to drink as much as they want whenever they want to. But once you realize and accept that you can't do that anymore, it becomes much easier to just not drink at all. Call it weak or pathetic or whatever you want, it doesn't change the reality that alcoholics have to accept to get better.

However, I'm not a performative weirdo about it like a lot of people (ex. Worm Norton) in recovery tend to be. I'll hold my wife's drink for her if she needs to get something out of her purse. I'm perfectly content at parties or weddings where people are getting drunk and i don't bring up my sobriety unless someone asks about it.
Too long didn't read just assuming you agreed with me and all drunks are weak willed attention seekers with a little racism thrown in

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
Yeah, he is. He still manages to be on time for everything.

Edit: I'm honestly kind of baffled by how retarded that response was to what I said lol. Zac is an addict (obviously food, but he's said he'll do pretty much any drug he's given) and has remained consistently reliable. Ian got sober and became an unreliable, manic fag who doesn't respect anyone else's time.

He’s a huge fat wierdo and I’d shelter my kids from even looking upon him.

Forum Clout
Party? Invite? I just walked into the pub and have a drink without ruining my world. It's really easy billions of us do it. Try it.

What a blast it must be sitting alone in a dark pub, listening to top 40 hits and drinking overpriced beer while staring uncomfortably at women you're too afraid to talk to.

You are definitely a guy whose opinions and judgements should be taken seriously.

You also seem confused by what a party is so I'll clear it up. When people aren't as insufferable as you are, other people will invite them to things because they enjoy spending time with them. Sometimes a bunch of other people they like will also be there and that's what a party is.

Last edited:

JebJoh

Forum Clout
I am convinced drunks could show some self restraint and have a few social drinks
I get why they don't but they occasionally drink one accidently and it hardly turns them into some type of booze hound
It can, it seems the common trait among alcoholics is the ability to rationalize stupid behavior, the booze doesn't cause that, that causes the alcoholic tailspins. "Well I accidentally drank cough syrup with alcohol in it, might as well go all in this weekend and start fresh Monday" Which is why this is the only disease that seems to require a cheer leading squad to cure. "Stop having cancer ... don't you see what the cancer is doing to your family" In Norton's case I will guess that his dad was a huge drunk loser so when he was able to quit (or not quit) they just pounded the idea that jim has the alcohol disease too and he went along. Didn't hurt that his rehab and subsequent recovery bullshit got him some attention for awhile, ol' dark and brooding jim with all those teen demons in his soul, can I find a tee shirt that is a little blacker than this one?

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
What a blast it must be sitting alone in a dark pub, listening to top 40 hits and drinking overpriced beer while staring uncomfortably at women you're too afraid to talk to.

You are definitely a guy whose opinions and judgements should be taken seriously.

You also seem confused by what a party is so I'll clear it up. When people aren't as insufferable as you are, other people will invite them to things because they enjoy spending time with them.
You are projecting massively all because you are a weak willed mess who can't be trusted to drink whoops.

I was seeing freinds who I am now meeting up with again tonight while planning our trip to euro 2024 in Germany next summer together. Hardly a big night. Just a few drinks and a catch up

Now I am off to a Christmas party at a country hotel with the partners I'll have a pint for you I guess.

Have a good one holding your wifes drink as she tries to drink to forget the times you made a fool of yourself

Forum Clout
It can, it seems the common trait among alcoholics is the ability to rationalize stupid behavior, the booze doesn't cause that, that causes the alcoholic tailspins. "Well I accidentally drank cough syrup with alcohol in it, might as well go all in this weekend and start fresh Monday" Which is why this is the only disease that seems to require a cheer leading squad to cure. "Stop having cancer ... don't you see what the cancer is doing to your family" In Norton's case I will guess that his dad was a huge drunk loser so when he was able to quit (or not quit) they just pounded the idea that jim has the alcohol disease too and he went along. Didn't hurt that his rehab and subsequent recovery bullshit got him some attention for awhile, ol' dark and brooding jim with all those teen demons in his soul, can I find a tee shirt that is a little blacker than this one?
don't bother engaging with him, he's too stupid to read long posts.

JebJoh

Forum Clout
The problem with controlled drinking is it's a far more miserable experience having to try really hard to resist having more after the first... let's say three drinks, than it is just having no drinks... I read in a book...
Funny you'd say that, I did toy with the idea that I was an alcoholic and might need to quit, but before I did that I tried just having 1 drink in an hour or an hour and a half, so for a regular night out that meant max 4 drinks, usually just 2 and that was a much better buzz than 10 drinks and not being able to drive home legally.

Forum Clout
You are projecting massively all because you are a weak willed mess who can't be trusted to drink whoops.

I was seeing freinds who I am now meeting up with again tonight while planning our trip to euro 2024 in Germany next summer together. Hardly a big night. Just a few drinks and a catch up

Now I am off to a Christmas party at a country hotel with the partners I'll have a pint for you I guess.

Have a good one holding your wifes drink as she tries to drink to forget the times you made a fool of yourself
Nah you're just noticeably desperate to be edgy because you think that's what being funny is. You're definitely insufferable to be around in real life but you'll never realize it.

I just think it's funny that i got to you enough to make you give me your upcoming itinerary for the year, as if anyone gives a fuck about what you're doing.

Enjoy your "country hotel Christmas party", you pretentious fucking goofball.

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
Nah you're just noticeably desperate to be edgy because you think that's what being funny is. You're definitely insufferable to be around in real life but you'll never realize it.

I just think it's funny that i got to you enough to make you give me your upcoming itinerary for the year, as if anyone gives a fuck about what you're doing.

Enjoy your "country hotel Christmas party", you pretentious fucking goofball.
Cheers I will

Mr straight edge taking everything literally. You sound like real fun. Your wife sure is lucky.

Forum Clout
Cheers I will

Mr straight edge taking everything literally. You sound like real fun. Your wife sure is lucky.
Oh, now all of a sudden I'm taking things too literally because I fired back at your dumb fuck comments? What a cop out. You are a gigantic, gaping pussy.

Trust me, no one takes anything you say seriously.