• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Jesus Christ. Imagine being such a weak faggot that drinking a beer would cause you to spiral and destroy your life.

Forum Clout
Collage_2023-11-25_23_20_38~2.jpg

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
Ian Fidance seems like he was less of an unreliable fag on the booze and drugs, honestly. Him and that Jordan Jensen dyke (who he's obviously in love with and not fooling anyone) have been late to almost every podcast I've seen them on together or separately and their excuse is always "I slept through the alarm." Zac Amico has a podcast with Ian and hosts the show by himself like 60% of the time because Ian will either no-show or rush in in the last ten minutes profusely apologizing. If you have to apologize that often and you don't change what you're doing, you're abusing the apology system.

The last episode of RAP Jordan Jensen was supposed to be on, I don't think she even ended up making it and Zac went on a little rant about how if being sober is part of your identity then people shouldn't have to tolerate your junkie behaviour consistently. You gave up your excuse.

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
I am convinced drunks could show some self restraint and have a few social drinks
I get why they don't but they occasionally drink one accidently and it hardly turns them into some type of booze hound
The problem with controlled drinking is it's a far more miserable experience having to try really hard to resist having more after the first... let's say three drinks, than it is just having no drinks... I read in a book...

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
The problem with controlled drinking is it's a far more miserable experience having to try really hard to resist having more after the first... let's say three drinks, than it is just having no drinks... I read in a book...
You mean like I did last night? Granted I was going slow as I wanted to go for a early run but fuck me that's just being a adult

Turk February

Forum Clout
You mean like I did last night? Granted I was going slow as I wanted to go for a early run but fuck me that's just being a adult
knowing from experience, just because of what my brain's and body's reactions are, after the first half, it's much easier for me to leave a half a gram of coke for the next day than it is to leave half a six pack.

FingerofGod

Forum Clout
Ian Fidance seems like he was less of an unreliable fag on the booze and drugs, honestly. Him and that Jordan Jensen dyke (who he's obviously in love with and not fooling anyone) have been late to almost every podcast I've seen them on together or separately and their excuse is always "I slept through the alarm." Zac Amico has a podcast with Ian and hosts the show by himself like 60% of the time because Ian will either no-show or rush in in the last ten minutes profusely apologizing. If you have to apologize that often and you don't change what you're doing, you're abusing the apology system.

The last episode of RAP Jordan Jensen was supposed to be on, I don't think she even ended up making it and Zac went on a little rant about how if being sober is part of your identity then people shouldn't have to tolerate your junkie behaviour consistently. You gave up your excuse.
They talk about therapy and being on different medications constantly. I honestly don’t think you should be considered sober if you’re taking any prescriptions. And they still act insane so what’s the point of doing all of that? Obviously it’s not working. Ian also fagged out about Israel on LOS recently. Jordan is actually pretty funny but I can’t stand therapy talk and she goes to that creep therapist every NYC comic goes to.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
They talk about therapy and being on different medications constantly. I honestly don’t think you should be considered sober if you’re taking any prescriptions. And they still act insane so what’s the point of doing all of that? Obviously it’s not working. Ian also fagged out about Israel on LOS recently. Jordan is actually pretty funny but I can’t stand therapy talk and she goes to that creep therapist every NYC comic goes to.
That Alan therapist guy is basically a cult leader. The way they all talk about him like they owe him their lives is strange as fuck. How did he even manage to become a niche therapist? He seems to only deal with NY comics. "He understands the mind of a comic." Okay, well you all have different fucking minds, so are you so sure that he understands you more than some other therapist would? The only thing you can say for sure about comedians is that they're attention craving, they need constant validation and they love to hear themselves speak. That's a pretty great niche grift for a therapist to get into.

Therapy makes no sense to me anyway. I don't understand why having a really heavy conversation with a stranger once a week would be helpful. They all talk about how they cry in therapy all the time. Why would you want that?

Turk February

Forum Clout
That Alan therapist guy is basically a cult leader. The way they all talk about him like they owe him their lives is strange as fuck. How did he even manage to become a niche therapist? He seems to only deal with NY comics. "He understands the mind of a comic." Okay, well you all have different fucking minds, so are you so sure that he understands you more than some other therapist would? The only thing you can say for sure about comedians is that they're attention craving, they need constant validation and they love to hear themselves speak. That's a pretty great niche grift for a therapist to get into.

Therapy makes no sense to me anyway. I don't understand why having a really heavy conversation with a stranger once a week would be helpful. They all talk about how they cry in therapy all the time. Why would you want that?
I think therapy might have been very effective back in the day when the average person actually had shame and kept things secret. In a society where your employer asks you if you fuck other men and you get bonus points if you answer yes, and dying your hair orange cuz you felt silly one day is considered just fine, and you can go "yeah dudez I'm really into feet" to a stranger at a bar without fear of being shunned by your town, I don't see the point of a therapist.

FingerofGod

Forum Clout

It’s very cult like. Who would go to a therapist knowing all of your coworkers go to him too? Therapy in general is bullshit. I guess maybe it would be good temporarily for someone going through extreme grief but that’s about it. Definitely not long term. Luis went to this guy too and stopped going because the walls in his office are paper thin so if another comic arrived for their appointment they could hear Luis talking. Sad that Luis is one of the only people in that scene who isn’t completely brainwashed by therapy and psychiatry.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
It’s very cult like. Who would go to a therapist knowing all of your coworkers go to him too? Therapy in general is bullshit. I guess maybe it would be good temporarily for someone going through extreme grief but that’s about it. Definitely not long term. Luis went to this guy too and stopped going because the walls in his office are paper thin so if another comic arrived for their appointment they could hear Luis talking. Sad that Luis is one of the only people in that scene who isn’t completely brainwashed by therapy and psychiatry.
I think Luis also said he broke down crying talking about his mom one time and he had to go back through the waiting room all puffy-eyed and Gary Gulman was sitting there staring at him lol. That seems like a fucking terrible environment for therapy.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout

I went to grief counseling after my father died. Once a week for ~ 2 months. It’s mildly helpful but not exactly convenient for working professionals and it’s basically a stranger you have to trust quicker than usual. I also didn’t cry once because all I could think about was how stereotypical it was for me to be sitting on a couch in front of a coffee table with a box of tissues on it. Also, the guy was constantly checking his watch so we didn’t run over on time.

If any of these comics had an ounce of self awareness, they’d quickly realize how gay it all really is. They're not Vietnam vets getting psychotherapy for PTSD from being a POW at the Hanoi Hilton. They make mildly amusing observations on stage and then suck each other off on podcasts.

Anyways, I finally got sick of going and told the guy I wasn’t coming back anymore.

“Are you sure? I think you could still use some more support.”
“I think I’m good. I found this new subreddit about an old radio show that I started posting on.”

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout

What the fuck can Amico say about it? He’s the biggest addict amongst them and I mean that in every sense of the word.

SoloJoeAcousticShow

Ain't it fun?
Forum Clout
Just to put in my 2 cents, I went to therapy for 2,5 years (!!!) to unfuck my mind enough for me to stay respectable, employable and not become criminally insane.

I think past the point of a years anniversary, I was very self aware and constantly talking about giving it up, because I think people who go to therapy for the rest of their lives have given up on themselves and actually cannot/refuse to be helped and enable themselves in their learned helplessness and rumination and hopelessness by using it as a crutch.

My therapist agreed and said he thinks some of the people who chronically keep going to him will maybe never learn to like their own independence enough to work on it or see any benefit in that. Fucking weird of him to basically say that chronically going to therapy is a pathology in and of itself, being a therapist and all.

Sniff

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
What the fuck can Amico say about it? He’s the biggest addict amongst them and I mean that in every sense of the word.
Yeah, he is. He still manages to be on time for everything.

Edit: I'm honestly kind of baffled by how retarded that response was to what I said lol. Zac is an addict (obviously food, but he's said he'll do pretty much any drug he's given) and has remained consistently reliable. Ian got sober and became an unreliable, manic fag who doesn't respect anyone else's time.

Last edited: