• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Dave Chappelle walks off stage because of a cell phone in the audience...

G

Seriously?? Just EMBARRASSINGLY out of touch for someone who wants to be the leader of the forum. Do you not have any idea what's been going on the last 10 years in comedy? What, do you think everybody just goes at the beginning of the show and they all put their phones in one big safe? And you didn't know that Chappelle was one of the first ones with a no phone policy?

Here, if you watch these you will get a better idea of what's been going on in stand-up comedy for the last 10 years.

[MEDIA=youtube]csLwil215qc[/MEDIA]

Here is a playlist which with every State of Comedy address going back to 2013, which apparently is the last time you were in touch with popular culture:

[MEDIA=youtube]7BlgI2u3Oyo, list: PLWaqpMcU466XEOhCTZpHDklYjDhZ9Mx8a[/MEDIA]
So "Andy Kindler" is the voice of popular culture? You are one angry 40 year old sasster, with a huge chip on his shoulder...

TorquieTwoBeers

Forum Clout
Seriously?? Just EMBARRASSINGLY out of touch for someone who wants to be the leader of the forum. Do you not have any idea what's been going on the last 10 years in comedy? What, do you think everybody just goes at the beginning of the show and they all put their phones in one big safe? And you didn't know that Chappelle was one of the first ones with a no phone policy?

Here, if you watch these you will get a better idea of what's been going on in stand-up comedy for the last 10 years.

Here is a playlist which with every State of Comedy address going back to 2013, which apparently is the last time you were in touch with popular culture:

Just chiming in to say that Andy Kindler is one of the worst comedians on earth. He is horrible. He does meta/self-referential stuff to cover for the fact that his material is awful. I'd rather watch a two hour Natalie Cuomo set than hear even one 'joke' from that cock sucker.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
true, but i'm not arguing he didn't sell out. He made some noise like he did it because he didn't want to sell out, but either he ended up changing course and doing it anyways like I believe, or that was never the problem like you think.
It was never about selling out or jews or people secretly controlling show business. It was about his coke addiction and his friends using him for coke money. That's it. Dave was mad that his 'friends' only liked him for his free coke and the parties. So he went to Africa to sober up and deny them access to his money and coke to punish them for turning his life into a big drug party. When the drugs ran out he went back to working with people who wanted to be around him sober.
Personally I think if he was going to sell out anyways and it was drugs were the issue why would that stop him from taking the deal?
Because if he was struggling to stay sober getting paid $5million a year.....imagine how impossible it would be to remain sober when you make over $50million a year for yourself. He had to readjust his lifestyle around sobriety. Look at Artie Lange.

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
I get what you’re saying but you would be kicked out immediately. This is also some spy shit but apparently the security uses infrared cameras so even in the event you do have a phone and use it you’ll be spotted.

If anyone wants to understand how ridiculous this is just think about musicians. Never have I been asked at a music show to lock my fucking phone up. And keep in mind - This is music which is way harder to craft than fucking dick jokes. You may even have a case where the artist plays music from their upcoming album - and you’re the first one to hear it! Do they give a fuck if you record?? No. Because it’s a promotional tool. You show your friend the video, the little snippet recorded live of an unreleased song sounds good, and you’re excited for an official release.

However, somehow, in the world of cock jokes, the craft must be perfected. You cannot film my performance, pleb. It is critical to any future audience member that the GENIUS of my pronouns joke is heard by virgin ears. Not to mention that 99% of these faggots who ban phones aren’t filming a special, they’re rehashing jokes everyones already heard. So what is the point?

It's not about that. Some of the boomer performers hate this new atmosphere of you little cunts in the audience pointing your phones at everything and living through your screens. You barely even look at the person in the flesh, you all become directors, filming the thing and filming the other people filming the thing.

It's beyond irritating and you faggots are all cackling while doing it. Like it's the funniest thing ever that you can record something. Imagine trying to do your stupid act with someone coming up to you and filming you at random points... You have to be a real tapdancing coon to enjoy doing that for viral clicks. It throws you off your game. But it's also a matter of business. You can't go to the movies and openly sit there recording it. You can't go up to a movie set and record it from the sidelines. Some of these entertainment jews think they are on par with movies. It's their prerogative.

The DMAN despises the concept of Stand Up comedy and always has. Corniest shit ever, that these retards travel around, saying the same shit, using the same exact jokes, repeating themselves every night, PRETENDING it's new and spontaneous every time. There is something weird about that concept The DMAN has never respected.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
It's not about that. Some of the boomer performers hate this new atmosphere of you little cunts in the audience pointing your phones at everything and living through your screens. You barely even look at the person in the flesh, you all become directors, filming the thing and filming the other people filming the thing.
So you say no phones and kick them out if you see one. Imagine being a millionaire for telling jokes and you have a hissy fit because a random babyboy pointed their phone at you. He can fuck off. Punish the rest of the audience, who paid to see you, because one fag misbehaved. Thats why i said its about ego. Theres no situation where he looks good.

Forum Clout
I loathe idiots using their phones at concerts to film a shitty video of a band so they can post it on instagram and all their friends can pretend to watch it, and honestly if a band or comedian told people to put them away or they’d be kicked out, then actually stuck to their word, I’d have no issue with it at all.

But locking your phone in a bag is stupid and extremely self-important. I can film an entire Paul McCartney concert with no problem, but it’s too much of a risk of me filming Louie tell his ten millionth “My daughters are cunts” joke.

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
Yes, just like some wagie would kick you out for trying to film a movie.
Not the same thing at all. In a movie theatre theres no controlling authority besides the management / popcorn sweepers and they’d only kick you out if you’re being a rowdy nigger or blatantly filming a movie. But a comedy show the controlling authority is the comic and the club. It is much more a controlled setting than a movie theatre.

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
Not the same thing at all. In a movie theatre theres no controlling authority besides the management / popcorn sweepers and they’d only kick you out if you’re being a rowdy nigger or blatantly filming a movie. But a comedy show the controlling authority is the comic and the club. It is much more a controlled setting than a movie theatre.

“Tell me you’ve never tried to smuggle food and camcorders into a movie theater without telling me”

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
“Tell me you’ve never tried to smuggle food and camcorders into a movie theater without telling me”
You were the one who compared a comedy show to a movie theatre. I literally said its not the same thing because in the movies theres no central authority like the comedian + security to say “Hey kick that nigger out.”

hikomow633

Forum Clout
I get what you’re saying but you would be kicked out immediately. This is also some spy shit but apparently the security uses infrared cameras so even in the event you do have a phone and use it you’ll be spotted.

If anyone wants to understand how ridiculous this is just think about musicians. Never have I been asked at a music show to lock my fucking phone up. And keep in mind - This is music which is way harder to craft than fucking dick jokes. You may even have a case where the artist plays music from their upcoming album - and you’re the first one to hear it! Do they give a fuck if you record?? No. Because it’s a promotional tool. You show your friend the video, the little snippet recorded live of an unreleased song sounds good, and you’re excited for an official release.

However, somehow, in the world of cock jokes, the craft must be perfected. You cannot film my performance, pleb. It is critical to any future audience member that the GENIUS of my pronouns joke is heard by virgin ears. Not to mention that 99% of these faggots who ban phones aren’t filming a special, they’re rehashing jokes everyones already heard. So what is the point?

I remember hearing redbar talk about rogaine using fucking facial recognition cameras to thwart your banned ass when you try to sneak back into his faggy mothership club

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
What's the point of having Fuck You money if you never get to say "Fuck You"?
The point is that you say "fuck you" to people who are in power or think that they are on top. Not to some random plebeian fan who paid to see your show. He doesn't need 'fuck you money' to shit on an audience member. Comics deal with hecklers all of the time. Someone with a phone is no different. Storming off the stage is a such a faggy pathetic move.

Kramer showed comics how it's done.