• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Dave Chappelle walks off stage because of a cell phone in the audience...

EraGodless

Forum Clout
He’s definitely right about the black comedians in dresses thing, but with the way he acts now I still can’t help but think he’s just a weird retard who couldn’t handle any scrutiny and wants to be treated like a god everywhere he goes. A lot of black celebrities become like that.
I think it was more that THEY told him if he didn't sign the contract- they would use the media against him abd paint him as crazy. That's exactly what they did. He also just through in the word handlers, and talked about them basically being vampires (their existence is based on draining money from entertainers), so when you aren't making money, you're useless. If you are making money (especially the money Dave was set to receive, they glom on to you). Oprah didn't even flinch when he said handlers- it's all part of the game. Handlers can cover up a lot of shit if you're making money, once you're useless, the lawsuits, accusations pile up abd the roles/work evaporates.

FingerofGod

Forum Clout
I think it was more that THEY told him if he didn't sign the contract- they would use the media against him abd paint him as crazy. That's exactly what they did. He also just through in the word handlers, and talked about them basically being vampires (their existence is based on draining money from entertainers), so when you aren't making money, you're useless. If you are making money (especially the money Dave was set to receive, they glom on to you). Oprah didn't even flinch when he said handlers- it's all part of the game. Handlers can cover up a lot of shit if you're making money, once you're useless, the lawsuits, accusations pile up abd the roles/work evaporates.
True. I still think he is a bit crazy though. And very narcissistic these days.

SoloJoeAcousticShow

Ain't it fun?
Forum Clout
PSA: Louis CK started this insane Stalinesque "lock up your phone in a disgusting baggie and hold on to it for the entire show" trend before Rogan and Chappelle and, for this reason and this reason alone, you should never go see him live. I regret not making a big stink and demanding my money back because I think we only learned this at the venue when he just started doing it. Don't be like us. Thanks for your time!

Chappelle's always been a queer self-hating black guy that's not as funny as the people he surrounds himself with.
Killing Them Softly is massively overrated. Bootleg Chris Rock megalomaniac diva NIGGER.

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!
Forum Clout
He’s definitely right about the black comedians in dresses thing, but with the way he acts now I still can’t help but think he’s just a weird retard who couldn’t handle any scrutiny and wants to be treated like a god everywhere he goes. A lot of black celebrities become like that.

Dave's first movie:

20j2o0z4m1161.jpg

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout

I like chappelle but I don't really believe a lot of his story of why he went to africa. I think he just made up some more palatable reasons that sounded philosophical but don't make any sense if you really examine them because he couldn't just say "the fucking jews were trying to buy me and I didn't want that". They offered him shit tons of money for the next season of chappelle show but that obviously came with major strings and gave away his control of his own career and he freaked out and blew up the deal. then when he realized how badly that would fuck him careerwise, he came back and ended up selling out anyways. If you watch him on Inside the Actors Studio he alludes to those real reasons (money being a way to control you) but then later on he completely dropped that. So really going to Africa was totally pointless and just set him back but he spun it to make himself look like a hero for doing it.

Forum Clout
Should have had one of those agreements with the venue where they put your phone in a lock box or whatever.
Seriously?? Just EMBARRASSINGLY out of touch for someone who wants to be the leader of the forum. Do you not have any idea what's been going on the last 10 years in comedy? What, do you think everybody just goes at the beginning of the show and they all put their phones in one big safe? And you didn't know that Chappelle was one of the first ones with a no phone policy?

Here, if you watch these you will get a better idea of what's been going on in stand-up comedy for the last 10 years.

Here is a playlist which with every State of Comedy address going back to 2013, which apparently is the last time you were in touch with popular culture:

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
The lock your phones up thing is pure ego. The first is that they don’t want anybody looking at them mid show and - god forbid - not giving them every ounce of attention. A lowly comedian would never ask of this because they don’t have the status. A high comedian would never ask of this because they understand no ones gonna be perusing twitter while Chris Rock is on stage. So the second idea is to prevent filming the performances, because god forbid anybody hears a joke you’ve told a million times - it’s going to be in the upcoming special! DONT SPOIL IT!!!!!

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
I like chappelle but I don't really believe a lot of his story of why he went to africa. I think he just made up some more palatable reasons that sounded philosophical but don't make any sense if you really examine them because he couldn't just say "the fucking jews were trying to buy me and I didn't want that".
The reason he went is that he is a dumb nigger and a drug head. And his show was tanking behind the scenes because everyone was using drugs constantly. People were openly using coke on the set and not even hiding it. He quit to become sober and didn't care about leaving everyone out of work because they were all fueling the drug scene.

This whole "jews couldn't buy Dave" idea is a lie. His handlers are all still jews. He still works with jewish companies and concert promoters nonstop. His bosses are David Gersh, Rick Greenstein, and Barry Volpert. All kikes.
So really going to Africa was totally pointless and just set him back but he spun it to make himself look like a hero for doing it.
He went to rehab. His jewish handlers covered for him. Then he went right back to work after. Happens all of the time.

Forum Clout
The lock your phones up thing is pure ego. The first is that they don’t want anybody looking at them mid show and - god forbid - not giving them every ounce of attention. A lowly comedian would never ask of this because they don’t have the status. A high comedian would never ask of this because they understand no ones gonna be perusing twitter while Chris Rock is on stage. So the second idea is to prevent filming the performances, because god forbid anybody hears a joke you’ve told a million times - it’s going to be in the upcoming special! DONT SPOIL IT!!!!!
There must be a way to vandalize and disable and/or destroy those bags, and everyone should do it. Let Dave and his comedian pals get stuck paying for the fucking things. Then it'll come to an end. What are they gonna do, call the cops and detain everyone over a slashed cell phone bag?

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
This whole "jews couldn't buy Dave" idea is a lie. His handlers are all still jews. He still works with jewish companies and concert promoters nonstop. His bosses are David Gersh, Rick Greenstein, and Barry Volpert. All kikes.
What is even the reasoning behind this? Jews couldn’t buy Dave because…he made jokes about trannies? People don’t realize the handler shit goes a lot deeper than someone going “NO YOU CANT SAY THAT.” Because even if you do say “that” they’ll be waiting in the wings to fix the rest of your fuck ups, as long as you have the money for it.

It’s the same shit with Kanye West. People think he’s based because when he goes off his meds he claims Hitler was a supergenius. Then what people forget is after a month or two he makes an apology to heebs. So “based”.

But I know whats based about it, a minority preaching the talking points everyone else is. “See!!! It’s not just whitey who believes in this!!!! Rich negros can be le based too!!!”

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
The reason he went is that he is a dumb nigger and a drug head. And his show was tanking behind the scenes because everyone was using drugs constantly. People were openly using coke on the set and not even hiding it. He quit to become sober and didn't care about leaving everyone out of work because they were all fueling the drug scene.

He went to rehab. His jewish handlers covered for him. Then he went right back to work after. Happens all of the time.
true, but i'm not arguing he didn't sell out. He made some noise like he did it because he didn't want to sell out, but either he ended up changing course and doing it anyways like I believe, or that was never the problem like you think. Personally I think if he was going to sell out anyways and it was drugs were the issue why would that stop him from taking the deal? He could still take the money and and use the influence of the powerful people to fix the situation. besides after he came back from africa he continued to associate with basically all the same people that worked on the show (Charlie Murphy, Neil Brennan, Donnell Rawlings etc).

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
There must be a way to vandalize and disable and/or destroy those bags, and everyone should do it. Let Dave and his comedian pals get stuck paying for the fucking things. Then it'll come to an end. What are they gonna do, call the cops and detain everyone over a slashed cell phone bag?
Problem is destroying the bag or not locking up your phone is grounds for removal so it would only work if literally everyone decided not to use them.

This phone shit also just adds an even worse experience though. We know America, lets say some crazy fuck decides to shoot up a comedy show. Now your phone is locked in a bag that only the now dead security guard can unlock. And even if nothing happens, after a show you spend 10-15 minutes in a line half hungover waiting for some fat fuck to unlock your phone from a pouch.

When realistically, all you need to fucking do is tell people “if i even see a phone you’re getting removed.” It’s pussy shit to literally have to force people to do this.

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
What, do you think everybody just goes at the beginning of the show and they all put their phones in one big safe?

No, like The DMAN said they have a service that is similar to a lock box.

What the fuck does that have to do with being the rightful leader of the forum? Lol, what a neckbeard comment.

Here is a playlist which with every State of Comedy address going back to 2013, which apparently is the last time you were in touch with popular culture:

"Stand up comedy" is neither popular nor culture. You are an insane faggot.

Forum Clout
Problem is destroying the bag or not locking up your phone is grounds for removal so it would only work if literally everyone decided not to use them.

This phone shit also just adds an even worse experience though. We know America, lets say some crazy fuck decides to shoot up a comedy show. Now your phone is locked in a bag that only the now dead security guard can unlock. And even if nothing happens, after a show you spend 10-15 minutes in a line half hungover waiting for some fat fuck to unlock your phone from a pouch.

When realistically, all you need to fucking do is tell people “if i even see a phone you’re getting removed.” It’s pussy shit to literally have to force people to do this.
If you were to quietly slice the bottom of the thing open, slide your phone into your pocket, then throw the bag on the floor when you leave, what could they do about it? It'd cost someone some money, and that's the best way to elicit change. And it'd be funny, too.

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
If you were to quietly slice the bottom of the thing open, slide your phone into your pocket, then throw the bag on the floor when you leave, what could they do about it? It'd cost someone some money, and that's the best way to elicit change. And it'd be funny, too.
I get what you’re saying but you would be kicked out immediately. This is also some spy shit but apparently the security uses infrared cameras so even in the event you do have a phone and use it you’ll be spotted.

If anyone wants to understand how ridiculous this is just think about musicians. Never have I been asked at a music show to lock my fucking phone up. And keep in mind - This is music which is way harder to craft than fucking dick jokes. You may even have a case where the artist plays music from their upcoming album - and you’re the first one to hear it! Do they give a fuck if you record?? No. Because it’s a promotional tool. You show your friend the video, the little snippet recorded live of an unreleased song sounds good, and you’re excited for an official release.

However, somehow, in the world of cock jokes, the craft must be perfected. You cannot film my performance, pleb. It is critical to any future audience member that the GENIUS of my pronouns joke is heard by virgin ears. Not to mention that 99% of these faggots who ban phones aren’t filming a special, they’re rehashing jokes everyones already heard. So what is the point?

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!
Forum Clout
true, but i'm not arguing he didn't sell out. He made some noise like he did it because he didn't want to sell out, but either he ended up changing course and doing it anyways like I believe, or that was never the problem like you think. Personally I think if he was going to sell out anyways and it was drugs were the issue why would that stop him from taking the deal? He could still take the money and and use the influence of the powerful people to fix the situation. besides after he came back from africa he continued to associate with basically all the same people that worked on the show (Charlie Murphy, Neil Brennan, Donnell Rawlings etc).

He barely talked to Neal after. He went on to work with Amy Schumer on yet another Chappelle's Show clone and then the biggest box office bomb of all time with Whitney Cummings.