• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Was the show as a whole overrated?

Ladynyahh

The Hasidic Homeboy
Forum Clout
I remember they had some really (literally) gay bits. Like that one where they had dudes shove their balls into a jar with hornets. I recall Anthony being extremely animated and announcing it like he was broadcasting a football game or something. It makes so much sense now that he could almost not control himself. What I'm getting at is that he's a homosexual.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
I remember they had some really (literally) gay bits. Like that one where they had dudes shove their balls into a jar with hornets. I recall Anthony being extremely animated and announcing it like he was broadcasting a football game or something. It makes so much sense now that he could almost not control himself. What I'm getting at is that he's a homosexual.
That was the Superball contest where they had contestants take mousetraps and bee stings to their genitals. Some guy dropped the jar of hornets and everyone just fled the studio and stopped the show for the day because no one wanted to get swarmed and stung. One time a guy brought a dead chimp or something, I don't even think it was taxidermied, and another listener blew the dead animal's corpse.

They had idiot listeners bring in animals that were clearly not qualified to handle them. The most sick was when they had the rat cooking contest and two listeners showed up. One was a professional chef who made rat meat so well that people were getting seconds. The other was a random listener who wanted to meet O&A and lied about being able to cook rats and failed to kill one of the rats with a knife and it was screaming in pain from its neck being sliced.

The Gay Off Contest is probably in the top 50 best bits on the show. It's simultaneously hilarious yet brutally uncomfortable. And probably the single gayest moment on the show other than Anthony revealing he wore his mother's shoes. Or Norton or Anthony's sex talks.

Forum Clout
They had idiot listeners bring in animals that were clearly not qualified to handle them. The most sick was when they had the rat cooking contest and two listeners showed up. One was a professional chef who made rat meat so well that people were getting seconds. The other was a random listener who wanted to meet O&A and lied about being able to cook rats and failed to kill one of the rats with a knife and it was screaming in pain from its neck being sliced.
Is the audio of this on YouTube? I've never heard it before.

Peckas

Helping those 8 to 80
Forum Clout
If you found out about o&a through clips you’d probably think the show was non-stop hilarity. But ive been relistening for a while now and every show is 80%

• Listener calls
  • Opie talking about how great the show is
  • Anthony bitching about blacks
  • Jim fantasizing about being a disgusting fag
  • The boys ranting at the staff and crying about how hard their jobs are

Then the last 20% is the actual funny shit. The stuff that gets turned into YouTube clips.
The show was very different go listen to some WNEW when they were still spinning tunes they were both in a better mood. Opie would set up a topic and let ant riff on it humorously even when race came up Anthony was funny there wasn’t a mean thing about him I think his divorce really made him bitter plus Obama

Forum Clout
How come hitters don't get homeruns every plate appearance? Are they stupid? Just hit a homerun every single time.

O&A were live five hours a day. Five days a week. 45 or more weeks of the year. With almost no rehearsal or time to prepare the entire show. Two or three hours a day basically had to be filled on the fly. You never knew where the show would take you or where things would go. Not every sporting event is a walkoff homerun or touchdown or photo finish. Some events are total blowouts or awful. But the sports are consistently good enough to watch every week or day like baseball or auto racing.

Part of the fun was setting things up and maybe they would fail or succeed. The listeners send in jingles and you get the success of Erock Jingle Day. The listeners send in bits for Dickie Goodman and most of them bomb horribly. Jocktober might be incredible one day then unlistenable the next day. Some interns worked well some were awful. You had to figure out on the fly who was who.

How many radio shows are listenable now? None? Podcasts? Where you can listen and anticipate something good every single day? O&A was in a league of its own. The show holds up better than any radio show or podcast in history quality wise. It was the most consistently funny show for the amount of hours of content it provided for sure.
Exactly, people’s brains are just broken by the avalanche of free smartphone content

midwit

Forum Clout
I have mostly only listened to clips of Bennington. I gave it a shot because Ant said Ron was a genius in 2010-2014 era so I caught some live shows from that very late era and listened to Youtube clips. From what I've consumed, they were great. Super talented radio personalities, Ron had a genuinely unique perspective despite being politically retarded due to Boomerism/drug addiction/Narcotics Anonymous babble. Fez was, you know, there and good enough/occasionally very funny. His relationship with Ron made it funny to listen to, anyway. Plus his back story with Ant's sister made it more interesting and hilarious.

"I'm a fan of the era"- Midwit

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
They produced 20-25 hours of content per week and seldom had a bad or even mediocre episode.

I was such an addict of the show. I'd get home from work, download the latest episode, listen to it, and then listen to it again the next day during work. I've never invested that much time into any other product, whether it be a series, movies or video games. Matter of fact, I'd play PS2 games while listening to da show.

God's name is Gregg.

:opster_1_lg:

I WAS BLOCKED

YOU KNOW HOW TO BALL, I KNOW ARISTOTL.
Forum Clout
Yes and no. Yes in the sense that they did an ungodly amount of radio and most of it is simply bad. Your 20% good shit estimate is way high.

But there was nothing else. For white men of our age it was O and A, then BB style message boards like this. That was it. No podcasts, Youtubing your way to specialized hobbies/interests wasn't really a thing yet, etc. There were no "content creators."

It was a strange time in US Culture wherein touching grass was out of fashion/we were already socially autistic, but social media hadn't hit yet. Everyone had a way to nigger-rig their way to listening to the show for free at work if you put 10 minutes into Googling and so the real number of listeners was far higher than the Sirius data suggests.

Ant was a lot more self-deprecating during the peak of the show, and he talked A LOT about his lifestyle in intimate detail. I've been insecure about my finances for my entire adult life, especially when I was younger. So listening to how the "grown up world" worked regarding actually keeping up the mcmansion, the property taxes, investments, all that stupid shit was fascinating for a lot of ppl. The significance of Ant's relatability cannot be overstated during their peak years. Living vicariously through him is what drew many ppl in. This also goes a long way towards explaining why so many people enjoy pathologizing and shitting on him even still.
hello fellow child born in the 80s.

this is well said. i was a broke ass bitch through my 20s and most of my 30s. what ant did with his money was part of the reason why i listened. the pool saga was fucking great. what a retard that wop is.

I WAS BLOCKED

YOU KNOW HOW TO BALL, I KNOW ARISTOTL.
Forum Clout
They produced 20-25 hours of content per week and seldom had a bad or even mediocre episode.

I was such an addict of the show. I'd get home from work, download the latest episode, listen to it, and then listen to it again the next day during work. I've never invested that much time into any other product, whether it be a series, movies or video games. Matter of fact, I'd play PS2 games while listening to da show.

God's name is Gregg.

:opster_1_lg:
hi bobo

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
8jukpf.jpg

be fawken respectful to the national leader allroid?