• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Tales from a former OPIE HATING ZOMBIE

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Back in duh day, aka 9 years ago, when i was introduced to the show, I found Jim and Ant fawwkin hilarious. When I got introduced to the Reddit and Greggshells I quickly fell into the trap of being an OPIE HATING ZOMBIE. No critical thought, just Opie hate. I’d have to turn off shows sometimes because of him.

But over time…sentiments started shifting. Anthony revealed himself to be a seriously racist domestic abusing piece of shit. Now the Opster had a bit of leverage…he wasn’t funny, but he was the most well adjusted of the three. No longer could you listen to shows blindly hating Opie…you’d hear Anthony tell a fake macho story about loving women and realize he had some flaws too.

Once you’ve listened to enough Nana and consulted others about him, you notice all his ticks and cliches. His stock 10 jokes he pulls from. You start relistening to the show and thinking “Now Anthony isn’t funny either. They’re both not funny and Opie is actually a good person.” But if that were the case, what are you listening for?

Then you realize. It’s Opie. No longer are you picking out every little fawwkin thing about what he says, his punchlines, his reactions, his pronunciations…and you only see the GOOD which outweighed the bad.

My point? The Opster has been fully vindicated. He is a better person. He’s more successful. He’s happier. He’s funnier. He’s more well adjusted. Anyone who doesn’t think so is a zombie, drinking the Ant kool aid.

Chapel

Dirty Bastard
Forum Clout
I found the show through a wrestling message board and listened to various clips from the older shows, started listening to their newer stuff when Anna Nicole Smith died and the first whole show I listened to was the one they had the toothpick guy in. I always prefered Opie, he was the guy who blow shit up for a laugh as opposed to the greasy wop lusting after the Olson twins who was hired for being funny but wasn’t going to do impressions anymore and the fake tough edgy cunt with no personality of his own

BenDovid

Forum Clout
Back in duh day, aka 9 years ago, when i was introduced to the show

What else did you find hilarious as a 12 year old?

very cool but dont you literally suck penis or something

All I know is he's a very successful 21 year old home inspector who lives with his parents. Anyway..

Here's a great example of "Classic Opie"

Listen carefully. A discussion starts about things Hitler ruined like the swastika, and little moustache. Jim says "It's a good thing Hitler didn't use a thumbs up, or that would be ruined too."

Op immediately chimes in "Good thing Hitler didn't use a smiley face or that would be ruined too", which was just Jim's joke but worse.

The bit turns into Anti-sematic Fonzie. Opster contributes nothing during the bit at all. Couldn't come up with one single Happy Days line, tries to END THE BIT and go to Than for some House MD chat, but then goes to a caller who wants to praise Opie's smiley face line from 5 minutes ago, and then Opie deconstructs live on the air why his genius joke didn't work, and that it would have been AMAZING if not for the timing. Dude just sat there and couldn't come up with ONE Happy Days line. Not a ONE. And now he's forcing everyone onto Greggshells for the next few minutes to discuss the absolute banger of a line he stole from Jim and butchered, and why it fell flat.

The bit goes back to anti sematic Fonzie, where Opie once again fails to come up with a single line, and instead takes a call about Bob Dylan's birthday. Jim goes back to the bit. Opie's next contribution is taking a bomb of a Pat from Moonachie call.

Anyone here larping over "Amazing Opie" is a legitimate fucking buffoon.

Last edited:

upanddown

Forum Clout

All I know is he's a very successful 21 year old home inspector who lives with his parents. Anyway..

Listen carefully. A discussion starts about things Hitler ruined like the swastika, and little moustache. Jim says "It's a good thing Hitler didn't use a thumbs up, or that would be ruined too."

Op immediately chimes in "Good thing Hitler didn't use a smiley face or that would be ruined too", which was just Jim's joke but worse.

The bit turns into Anti-sematic Fonzie. Opster contributes nothing during the bit at all. Couldn't come up with one single Happy Days line, tries to END THE BIT and go to Than for some House MD chat, but then goes to a caller who wants to praise Opie's smiley face line from 5 minutes ago, and then Opie deconstructs live on the air why his genius joke didn't work, and that it would have been AMAZING if not for the timing. Dude just sat there and couldn't come up with ONE Happy Days line. Not a ONE. And now he's forcing everyone onto Greggshells for the next few minutes to discuss the absolute banger of a line he stole from Jim and butchered, and why it fell flat.

The bit goes back to anti sematic Fonzie, where Opie once again fails to come up with a single line, and instead takes a call about Bob Dylan's birthday. Jim goes back to the bit. Opie's next contribution is taking a bomb of a Pat from Moonachie call.

Opie's worst offense was not being funny on the radio in 2007.

In 2023, it is incredibly easy to hate him the least.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
Opie's worst offense was not being funny on the radio in 2007.

In 2023, it is incredibly easy to hate him the least.

Opie's worst offense was having an ego so large he developed NPD and truly believed he had some kind of divine talent for comedy and radio. The interviewer so godlike and talented fucking Ray Liotta has to ask the host of the show, the dude who's name is FIRST and I quote... "Are you sick? You're not saying anything..."

"I've been doing this since I'm 18 years old!!!!"

Doing what exactly? Letting other people do the heavy lifting?

Patrick O'Neal

Forum Clout

Hello exactly.

If he'd talked half as much it wouldn't have been so bad. But oh no, he had to make an 'equal contribution'. Trouble is, the dopester isn't equal in the brains department to put it mildly.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Opie could barely read, and thought seven straight weeks Cat Noise Wednesday was a good idea. Witty people don't have to wipe baby shit on their faces for a laugh.
I know i’m probably not making it obvious enough but the uncritical Opie love is a bit.

If you want me to be nuanced and not joke, Opie is a better person than Anthony. Anthony was wittier and “funnier”, although I don’t care for his stock references and racism. Even though Anthony was “funnier” Opie ended up contributing more to the show through bitsszzz. When I think of O&A i think of stupid shit like cake stomp and the poker chips, not slide whistles and Imus impressions.

So there thats a real answer but its not nearly as funny

FingerofGod

Forum Clout

Not everyone has the ability to make Austin Powers Ed Powers jokes. I guess the multimillionaire retired radio legend was just a civilian compared to you.

The Talking Dead

My network, heart and book all failed. Hooly shit!
Forum Clout
Opie could barely read, and thought seven straight weeks Cat Noise Wednesday was a good idea. Witty people don't have to wipe baby shit on their faces for a laugh.

Fair point, Danny. If I may make another - people who are good at Guitar Hero don't lose to random interns who challenge them on a whim.

ISO__JOE

Forum Clout

Here’s a great example of a humorless kike taking himself very seriously on a fart joke show.

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
This is entirely true.

The DMAN has always been in O&A's corner, but started turning against Auntie once he got fired and became a shell of himself. Only then did it become obvious how much he was phoning it in those last 5 years. The DMAN at that time, was getting riled up by the subreddit, which made The DMAN mad at Auntie and mad at Opie equally.

The DMAN was not above dipping his toes into the Opie hate. It got to a point where the hate manipulation made The DMAN turn off shows as well. But here's where The Mandela Effect kicks in -- now The DMAN can listen to an episode of O&A from 2012 and find the humor in nearly every 'who gives a shit' comment that Opie makes, while also being disgusted with Auntie and Jim Norton for their stock lines, and gay joke flirting.

At the time we saw Opie standing in the way of hearing 2 dropouts babble nonsense and fake laugh to each other. NOW? That very same recording sounds like a once great man having his own show held hostage from him, by 2 amateurs who didn't know what they were doing.

Well The DMAN leaves you with this thought. 90% of the terms used on this Forum that don't originate on O&A itself have originated from The DMAN's wonderful mocha fingers. White Niggers... Opie Hater Zombies... hell the Opie Love itself all started with The DMAN's Opie Radio Podcast Synopsis threads. Opie has overcome your souls. The lesson is that The DMAN wields power. Whatever he believes in the moment is the most factually accurate information you will find anywhere.

"I started producing the show when it was on its death bed, and I only know bits from the show after it started sucking, therefore that's all it ever was."

Another johnny come lately, who wasn't there when it counted, trying to talk about the old days.