• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Reminder: The OG sub attacked Opie because he didn’t like Uncle Paul.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Fucking faggot creep was doing pedo jokes while fondling himself. Yeah why would anybody be uncomfortable with that. Opie was just so sensitive! And Jim acting like it was some comedic fucking genius.

You don’t even look at me or laugh when i’m doing it…i’ve NEVER stopped someone from being funny on the radio, except when I kicked out Norm for Brock “the hard get” Lesner.”

Maybe he just didn’t find it funny, jackass.

Norton was so used to the tittering, giggling, ha ha holee shitting, and repeating of punchlines that his boyfriend gave him for every shitty line that having a MAN tell him to his face “Stop, you’re not being funny, faggot.” ENRAAAAGGGED him.

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
ALL IN WITHTHAT BROTHAMAN but in our defense The Opester went about expressing his disdain in the most womanlike manner. A good "knock it off, shit stopped being funny years ago" would have sufficed. And worked, because Jim is a thinskinned bitch.
This is true but like you said Jim is a thin skinned bitch. “I don’t think Uncle Paul is funny. Can you stop.” Would have Norton fucking BROOOODING and not talking for the next week and going to the bosses. “TAKE MY FUCKING NAME OFF THE SHOW I CANT EVEN FUCKING DO MY PEDOPHILE CHARACTER!!”

Its the same shit with Opie trying to get Jims days cut down. He did it in an underhanded way having their agent go “Ehhh would you be interested in only coming in for 3 days?” And then when Jim realized what it was about Opie swears that wasn’t what he was doing.

Opie has a problem with confronting people definitely but consider the people he’d be confronting are just as bad at receiving any sort of criticism. Opie never wanted to hate Jim or Ant or for them to hate him. He just wanted their working relationships to end but sadly it got mired in personal shit. Like asking Jim to come in for only three days isn’t inherently bad, that’s what he wants and they aren’t getting along. But because he wanted to keep a good image he swears he wasn’t doing that. Same shit with his flip flopping on saving Anthony. Theres nothing wrong with wanting Ant to be fired or “not saving his job”, it’s how “dishonest” he was about what he wanted. Because again, saying “Yeah I don’t mind Anthony was fired or Jim is showing up less” is MOTHERFUCKING them.

BootyJuice

Forum Clout
This is true but like you said Jim is a thin skinned bitch. “I don’t think Uncle Paul is funny. Can you stop.” Would have Norton fucking BROOOODING and not talking for the next week and going to the bosses. “TAKE MY FUCKING NAME OFF THE SHOW I CANT EVEN FUCKING DO MY PEDOPHILE CHARACTER!!”

Its the same shit with Opie trying to get Jims days cut down. He did it in an underhanded way having their agent go “Ehhh would you be interested in only coming in for 3 days?” And then when Jim realized what it was about Opie swears that wasn’t what he was doing.

Opie has a problem with confronting people definitely but consider the people he’d be confronting are just as bad at receiving any sort of criticism. Opie never wanted to hate Jim or Ant or for them to hate him. He just wanted their working relationships to end but sadly it got mired in personal shit. Like asking Jim to come in for only three days isn’t inherently bad, that’s what he wants and they aren’t getting along. But because he wanted to keep a good image he swears he wasn’t doing that. Same shit with his flip flopping on saving Anthony. Theres nothing wrong with wanting Ant to be fired or “not saving his job”, it’s how “dishonest” he was about what he wanted. Because again, saying “Yeah I don’t mind Anthony was fired or Jim is showing up less” is MOTHERFUCKING them.
TL;DR: :image_9248::image_9248_m::image_9248_lg:

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
They make fun of Opie for admitting "I needed ya that day" for the moments where Norton and Anthony completely no-sold Opie when he was trying to do something serious or fight back. They ignored Opie and kept doing gay word play because they loved seeing Opie brood.

That was why Anthony sent "the little cunt won't even look at me," in other words "our plot is working, we pissed him off, and he's squirming." They celebrated making Opie go insane with gaslighting and withholding laughter to make him look bad on the air. It really only worked with Late Stage O&A Cumia Creeps who only heard the show on its deathbed, which was when Norton and Anthony did this.

Meanwhile when Norton needed to tell his shitty story about the FBI with absolutely no details or anything interesting, callers pounded him. Norton demanded that Opie lower the guy's mic or he wouldn't talk. Being the host, naturally Opie just sat there like "Huh? ...You need help taking this guy?" So baby boy Norton just started SULKING. Norton really coulda used Opie that day.

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
They make fun of Opie for admitting "I needed ya that day" for the moments where Norton and Anthony completely no-sold Opie when he was trying to do something serious or fight back. They ignored Opie and kept doing gay word play because they loved seeing Opie brood.
Opie was on the mark. Faggot baby boy played both sides that day not saying SHIT about Ant because he wanted to suck him off. The only thing he said that day was SHIT THAT CRITICIZED OPIE. After he was viciously attacked for 3 fucking hours straight. Wanna be the fence sitting faggot? Fine. But you can’t claim to be a fence sitter but piping up “Actually heres why what you did was wrong and heres why he’s right!”

Here’s what they genuinely think:

Opie was wrong for asking Jim to defend him, as his cohost, responding to a horrible personal attack on him.

Jim was right for asking Opie to cancel a guest because that guest didn’t do an episode of Jims shitty show.

Fucking sensitive babies. How the fuck Opie was ever portrayed as the thin skinned one perplexes me.

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
But because he wanted to keep a good image he swears he wasn’t doing that.

Opie didn't do that. Opie wanted to keep the energy of the old show alive, but he didn't need Norton. Remember K-Rock and SXM wanted to downsize their involvement in The Norton Business. Most stations wanted Norton gone, why would it be any different on Opie Radio? Every management team including Tim Sabean wanted Norton out. It didn't have to be Opie, but could you blame him? Norton was not as funny as he or his fans thought. Jim had his moments in the early 2010's, aside from that, he just copied other people.

Same shit with his flip flopping on saving Anthony. Theres nothing wrong with wanting Ant to be fired or “not saving his job”, it’s how “dishonest” he was about what he wanted. Because again, saying “Yeah I don’t mind Anthony was fired

This is the opposite of reality. Opie's story has never changed. Anthony's story has changed at least 4 times, 1 of those times drafted by Alex Jones (SXM fired Anthony for speaking out against Hillary's emails and Black Lives Matter!!!) and Anthony actually rolled with that excuse.

Opie never wanted Anthony fired. Opie wanted to keep the highly profitable O&A brand alive by making the Opie & Anthony Channel an actual 24 hour network. It was just a placeholder that aired the O&A morning show. Splitting the show into mornings and afternoons would have made it an actual live channel with actual shows going on all day long.

Opie also didn't want Ron & Fez gone... The deal was R&F moved to RawDog Comedy Hits, and eventually RawDog would be renamed to The Ron & Fez Channel once Fez went back to his pre-Satellite gimmick. But Fez kept doing the experimental shit and SXM refused to make the changes.

Anthony also made it difficult for O&A and management at every turn. Tim Sabean was trying to get SXM to have Howard in the morning, R&F middays, and O&A afternoons on SXM on the same channel... Anthony was the only one who adamantly refused to move to Afternoons. Then when he got fired, he immediately announced his own Afternoon drive show...

People love to talk about Opie Raqio like Opie was plotting this, meanwhile A LOT of evidence points to Anthony wanting out himself. EVERYTHING OPIE DID, ANTHONY DID TOO... Anthony is the one who got himself fired. Opie tried to talk them out of it. SXM renamed the channel Opie Radio. Anthony decided ON HIS OWN to name his show and network after himself. Anthony decided to start rounding up his own B-team of lackeys. Opie had his guys... None of this was intentional.

Opie WAS smiling the day after Anthony got fired. After bitching about lacking a visual element for years, the first show they live streamed video was the day after Anthony got fired. These are facts you could use to say maybe Opie wanted Anthony gone, but even those don't line up. Opie was never happy doing Opie Radio, he knew it was a half-a-show and the O&A brand was tarnished when Anthony bashed Opie. Nobody wanted this, but it happened due to lack of communication, miscommunication, and alcoholism.

quasi101

the $83,736.99 fugitive
Forum Clout

Lotta words to say Morton is a worm

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
Opie didn't do that. Opie wanted to keep the energy of the old show alive, but he didn't need Norton. Remember K-Rock and SXM wanted to downsize their involvement in The Norton Business. Most stations wanted Norton gone, why would it be any different on Opie Radio? Every management team including Tim Sabean wanted Norton out. It didn't have to be Opie, but could you blame him? Norton was not as funny as he or his fans thought. Jim had his moments in the early 2010's, aside from that, he just copied other people.
What I was addressing is specifically Opie with Jim. Opie and ELO asked Jim if he’d be ok with doing 3 days. This was after the DL Hughley fight i’m pretty sure but definitely after their huge blow out. At this point SXM wasn’t out of the Norton business. Not even a year later they would give him his own show, the morning show, with Sam. This is not the same as when KROCK or Sabean wanted to get rid of him. At least in those situations getting rid of Jim leaves you with O&A.

And thats the thing…I don’t blame him. That’s exactly what I said. They weren’t getting along and Opie had every right to want him not in for as many days. But when confronted on that (at least according to Jims recollection) he should have been honest and said “Yeah we’re just not working out good”. HOWEVER i understand why he didn’t do that considering Norton is a brooding faggot as mentioned above.

So in this specific case: Yes, Opie wanted Jim gone. And he wasn’t wrong for wanting that. He just didn’t go about it in a clear way.
This is the opposite of reality. Opie's story has never changed. Anthony's story has changed at least 4 times, 1 of those times drafted by Alex Jones (SXM fired Anthony for speaking out against Hillary's emails and Black Lives Matter!!!) and Anthony actually rolled with that excuse.

Opie never wanted Anthony fired. Opie wanted to keep the highly profitable O&A brand alive by making the Opie & Anthony Channel an actual 24 hour network. It was just a placeholder that aired the O&A morning show. Splitting the show into mornings and afternoons would have made it an actual live channel with actual shows going on all day long.
Maybe I misspoke. It’s not about wanting Ant to be fired. But i’ll let Opies (paraphrased) words make HIS point for me:

When Anthony got fired we heard about how Opie went to bat for Anthony and how he was devastated the show broke up. Not even a year later it became “It was a whatever effort and i’m excited to do my own thing. Working with him was exhausting.”

Again, this is not entirely Opies fault. He wanted to keep a good relationship and I don’t think he should have opened with “FUCK THAT GUY HE DESERVED TO BE FIRED”, not like he’d ever do that anyway. But even admitting they didn’t have the best relationship at that time would cause Ant to go nuclear which the Ship Steerer was trying to avoid.

And again…I don’t blame Opie. Anthony is the one who was fired and didn’t apologize. Anthony is the one who didn’t talk to the bosses. Anthony is the one who fucked his relationship with Opie. So sure, it’s not like Opie was lobbying to get Ant fired, but like he said it was a whatever effort. And I don’t blame him…I DONT BLAME YA!
Anthony also made it difficult for O&A and management at every turn. Tim Sabean was trying to get SXM to have Howard in the morning, R&F middays, and O&A afternoons on SXM on the same channel... Anthony was the only one who adamantly refused to move to Afternoons. Then when he got fired, he immediately announced his own Afternoon drive show...
Well, to be fair Jim didn’t want afternoons either but he’s an afterthought in terms of where the show goes. Once again all it was was being a lazy FN. Ants entire problem was he’d have bad traffic and it would be longer going in and coming home.

But I also don’t think O&A moving to afternoons would be the right move. For the overall company? Sure. But it would kneecap O&A. By that time they had been doing mornings for a decade. Even Opie defended how good it was being in the mornings in that you get all the morning news and can comment on it while it’s still fresh, and i agree.
People love to talk about Opie Raqio like Opie was plotting this, meanwhile A LOT of evidence points to Anthony wanting out himself.
And the irony is that there was no fucking plan for this to ever happen. JIM was the fucking one who said “Why not call it Opie radio?” So the idea that Opie was rubbing his hands together going “FINALLY! MY SHOW!” is so dumb.
Opie WAS smiling the day after Anthony got fired. After bitching about lacking a visual element for years, the first show they live streamed video was the day after Anthony got fired. These are facts you could use to say maybe Opie wanted Anthony gone, but even those don't line up. Opie was never happy doing Opie Radio, he knew it was a half-a-show and the O&A brand was tarnished when Anthony bashed Opie. Nobody wanted this, but it happened due to lack of communication, miscommunication, and alcoholism.
So i guess we should be more specific…I don’t think Opie wanted Ant gone permanently, or because he wanted his own network, or because he thought he didn’t need him…their relationship was just strained. If they were still good friends theres a chance Opie fought for his life or quit after the 2014 contract. As Opie himself has said in the past he was completely open to going on his show or even starting O&A again if the time was right and their relationship was repaired. But because Ant is a slovenly nigger that never happened. But your last sentence sums it up perfectly.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
You weren't even there. Lmao

Not after Dec 2012, but for the entire time before that Anthony mentioned numerous times he would jump to afternoons in a second, and it was at Opie's insistence to go head to head with Stern that made anything other than morning drive an impossibility. So, I don't know where you come up with your information, but mine was directly from the source without any games of telephone involved. I feel like sometimes you guys seem to forget I worked there, and know a shitload more than you think you do.

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
Not after Dec 2012, but for the entire time before that Anthony mentioned numerous times he would jump to afternoons in a second, and it was at Opie's insistence to go head to head with Stern that made anything other than morning drive an impossibility. So, I don't know where you come up with your information, but mine was directly from the source without any games of telephone involved. I feel like sometimes you guys seem to forget I worked there, and know a shitload more than you think you do.
Why then did Anthony AND Jim both directly say in 2015 that “Opie was directly lobbying for us to move to afternoons” and how “Me and Ant didn’t want it. For him the traffic would be terrible and for me I lose a day of comedy gigs.”

BenDovid

Forum Clout
Why then did Anthony AND Jim both directly say in 2015 that “Opie was directly lobbying for us to move to afternoons” and how “Me and Ant didn’t want it. For him the traffic would be terrible and for me I lose a day of comedy gigs.”

People change their minds, but during my time, Opie would never suggest leaving morning drive.

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
People change their minds, but during my time, Opie would never suggest leaving morning drive.
Well to be fair, in the context of Jims quote this was when O&J was splitting up. Opie was pissed he got shafted with the afternoon spot. Jims response was “Why? You literally lobbied for this for years.”

There are clips you can listen to from O&A where they bring this up. Opie is sarcastically saying “No we’re moving to afternoons now. Whats the problem? This is good for us!” while Jim and Ant would rage about how shitty the idea is.

Thats not me saying Jim and Ant didn’t want to move to afternoons. My point is I don’t know where the fuck they got the idea that Opie was the one who wanted to move if, according to you, HE was the one lobbying for them to still do mornings.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
Like I said, 2013 and beyond, I don't know.

I can remember having conversations multiple time with Anthony where he specifically stated he would move to afternoons in a second. Didn't he just spend years and years commuting to the city for an afternoon show?

If Opie changed his mind about mornings, I don't know why. He was and remains obsessed with Howard. I don't see why he'd want to "admit defeat" in that way. He still streams from the asscrack of dawn, so clearly he enjoys being up that early. Anthony maybe starts at 4, if he didn't drink too much the night before. Jim wants whatever option helps Jim Norton, LLC. So you might see why I find this info a bit interesting.