• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Opester smashes PHONY Howard Stern

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
I disagree with the first half of this, but the second half is true.

Artie was still in his sidekick phase up until a year into Sirius. He was clearly scared to talk back to Howard and even Robin on the FM years. He was like a glorified wack packer who was able to be allowed in studio for the whole show.
I don't know how early into Stern you listened but I always felt that Artie's presence was overly pronounced on the air because his first year followed the absence of Jackie. And Jackie was already pretty silent on air.

Artie in Vegas was the most out of control any staff member had ever acted before and that was two years before Beer League. There were times where Artie would fly off the handle and make everything about him. Things like the Queer Eye appearance where he just couldn't be sober for a minute and kept asking the fags if they wanted fuck his ass. The guy was definitely fine with making himself the center of attention even if it was obnoxious or cringe worthy. He was no longer afraid of Howard within the first year of doing the show no matter how much Howard warned him both on and off the air not to interrupt him.

Artie was always mixing it up with the guests and talking over Howard during interviews like he had ADD. Another thing was that whenever the show would do bits or there would be office fights amongst the staff, Artie was lightning quick with his lines, and Howard had to rely on Benjy to feed him jokes. So Artie could always beat Howard to the punch and say something even if it wasn't funny. There were definitely times where Howard pulled Artie off to the side and said "stop making it about yourself".

Compared to the Jackie years, Artie was not even close to being a third mic, he definitely was on mic more than Robin and sometimes even more than Howard across full shows. Jackie could do an entire day from the background. Artie was there to be heard from pretty much early 2003 until his termination and maybe even before.
Beer League came out about a year into Sirius, that was when Artie became too fat for his britches and would argue with Howard, talk over him, call him a fag for watching reality shows. I hated Artie during that late era, but looking back, he was probably more tolerable than I felt. At the time he was annoying the shit out of me.
Artie's newfound confidence on air was without question the heroin and not him being pompous. He just had tunnel vision to blurt whatever was in his head out as the heroin withdrawals made it impossible for him to focus. He wasn't even being funny or amusing or even on topic by the end of his time on the show. He was just firing off whatever was rattling around in his drug addled brain into the microphone. And impatiently waiting for the next commercial break to go snort some more horse.

Artie definitely ripped on fags a lot on the show. Including calling Howard and Ralph fags a bunch of times. And letting Ralph have it over things like stealing from people. Ralph hated Artie. The rumor was always that when Artie tried to kill himself, that Ralph sold the story to TMZ, including leaking Artie's hospital information to them. Hopefully if Beth divorces Howard she can out Ralph and Howard for being fags.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

i wish my rapist would call me back 😍
Forum Clout
I don't know how early into Stern you listened but I always felt that Artie's presence was overly pronounced on the air because his first year followed the absence of Jackie. And Jackie was already pretty silent on air.

Artie in Vegas was the most out of control any staff member had ever acted before and that was two years before Beer League. There were times where Artie would fly off the handle and make everything about him. Things like the Queer Eye appearance where he just couldn't be sober for a minute and kept asking the fags if they wanted fuck his ass. The guy was definitely fine with making himself the center of attention even if it was obnoxious or cringe worthy. He was no longer afraid of Howard within the first year of doing the show no matter how much Howard warned him both on and off the air not to interrupt him.

Artie was always mixing it up with the guests and talking over Howard during interviews like he had ADD. Another thing was that whenever the show would do bits or there would be office fights amongst the staff, Artie was lightning quick with his lines, and Howard had to rely on Benjy to feed him jokes. So Artie could always beat Howard to the punch and say something even if it wasn't funny. There were definitely times where Howard pulled Artie off to the side and said "stop making it about yourself".

Compared to the Jackie years, Artie was not even close to being a third mic, he definitely was on mic more than Robin and sometimes even more than Howard across full shows. Jackie could do an entire day from the background. Artie was there to be heard from pretty much early 2003 until his termination and maybe even before.

Artie's newfound confidence on air was without question the heroin and not him being pompous. He just had tunnel vision to blurt whatever was in his head out as the heroin withdrawals made it impossible for him to focus. He wasn't even being funny or amusing or even on topic by the end of his time on the show. He was just firing off whatever was rattling around in his drug addled brain into the microphone. And impatiently waiting for the next commercial break to go snort some more horse.

Artie definitely ripped on fags a lot on the show. Including calling Howard and Ralph fags a bunch of times. And letting Ralph have it over things like stealing from people. Ralph hated Artie. The rumor was always that when Artie tried to kill himself, that Ralph sold the story to TMZ, including leaking Artie's hospital information to them. Hopefully if Beth divorces Howard she can out Ralph and Howard for being fags.
Robin is naaht funny, Fred is a sensitive bore who contributes nothing, and Howard is very hit or miss. The show needed side characters and Artie saved the show from being for edgy housewives who wish they could cheat on their wealthy husbands. Sal contributed more funny that Robin by a country mile.

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
Robin is naaht funny, Fred is a sensitive bore who contributes nothing, and Howard is very hit or miss. The show needed side characters and Artie saved the show from being for edgy housewives who wish they could cheat on their wealthy husbands. Sal contributed more funny that Robin by a country mile.

Robin had her moments.

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
I won’t car crash you but I disagree. Only time I can think of is her saying, “I’m getting SCREEWWED!” in Jackie’s voice. She’s still funnier than Fred.

Who are you to disagree with me, newcomer? Put your years in before you have an opinion. Fawk sake.

Dummy Gaynuts

Pookie-pie water-pig
Forum Clout
Robin and Fred weren’t funny, but the meltdowns that they had due to their sensitive unfunny personalities being poked at or challenged were pretty great radio

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Robin and Fred weren’t funny, but the meltdowns that they had due to their sensitive unfunny personalities being poked at or challenged were pretty great radio
Robin was hired purely to be a punching bag for nigger and women jokes. Anything beyond that was just a bonus for Howard. Like her mixing it up with members of the show or guests. Or revealing her past life. Or Robin's News segment being a staple on the show. She was clearly there to give Howard "permission" to be tell certain jokes that would get him in trouble with management otherwise.

Fred was originally hired to press buttons and play music during scripted bits. Like Howard would need thunderstorm noises, traffic noises, and a police siren. And Fred would find those, load them into the machine, Howard would act out his bit and point to Fred when he needed the next sound drop from the machine. Eventually that lead to Fred pressing buttons on his own during segments. And in rare instances speaking up on his microphone without Howard prompting him.

Howard definitely felt that Fred was funnier than him though. Because Howard would beg management of WNBC to hire Fred as part of the show because Howard was paranoid that he would fail without Fred's bits.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

i wish my rapist would call me back 😍
Forum Clout
Robin was hired purely to be a punching bag for nigger and women jokes. Anything beyond that was just a bonus for Howard. Like her mixing it up with members of the show or guests. Or revealing her past life. Or Robin's News segment being a staple on the show. She was clearly there to give Howard "permission" to be tell certain jokes that would get him in trouble with management otherwise.

Fred was originally hired to press buttons and play music during scripted bits. Like Howard would need thunderstorm noises, traffic noises, and a police siren. And Fred would find those, load them into the machine, Howard would act out his bit and point to Fred when he needed the next sound drop from the machine. Eventually that lead to Fred pressing buttons on his own during segments. And in rare instances speaking up on his microphone without Howard prompting him.

Howard definitely felt that Fred was funnier than him though. Because Howard would beg management of WNBC to hire Fred as part of the show because Howard was paranoid that he would fail without Fred's bits.
“Fred used to be the impression guy.” Was he?