• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Opester smashes PHONY Howard Stern

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Hot take: I never thought howard stern was funny and thought my radio listening friends who did were either nuts or screwing with me. I just liked jerking my peckah to chicks riding the sybian and stuff.
Stern from 1987 to maybe 1995 was pretty good. He was on five days a week and had a pretty rigid format. Where they'd start the show with a recap of their personal lives, then do an interview or a bit, then do Robin's news. There was Jackie and even Billy West for a few years. You had tons of comics regularly coming in like Kinison or Gilbert. The show had a huge back office and wackpack. Every once in a while you would get a segment that was infinitely listenable. Probably any show where Billy West was on holds up today.

From 1996 until Jackie left it was a massive decline. Billy West quit which also meant the Jackie Puppet was gone. Then you had the nonstop promotion of Private Parts which bombed in theaters. Howard never got over the failure of Private Parts the movie and sulked for years. Always chasing some big project to prove to everyone he really was the 'King' of all media. Then when Jackie quit Howard completely lost the ability to be funny and no longer could use Jackie's lines.

9/11 happen and Artie joins the show the next day. Artie would become the main focus of the show until his firing essentially. Artie took the show over by force and would dominate over Howard for years. Beer League then happens in Artie never recovers. Becoming a junkie that would embarrass the show, Howard, and himself repeatedly for years before trying to kill himself after being fired for bringing his heroin dealer into the Sirius building for the hundredth time.

The Sirius years are almost entirely forgettable. And pretty much every single memorable bit has nothing to do with Howard and is about someone like Artie or Sal or Gary.

BrotherMan1488

Forum Clout
Stern from 1987 to maybe 1995 was pretty good. He was on five days a week and had a pretty rigid format. Where they'd start the show with a recap of their personal lives, then do an interview or a bit, then do Robin's news. There was Jackie and even Billy West for a few years. You had tons of comics regularly coming in like Kinison or Gilbert. The show had a huge back office and wackpack. Every once in a while you would get a segment that was infinitely listenable. Probably any show where Billy West was on holds up today.

From 1996 until Jackie left it was a massive decline. Billy West quit which also meant the Jackie Puppet was gone. Then you had the nonstop promotion of Private Parts which bombed in theaters. Howard never got over the failure of Private Parts the movie and sulked for years. Always chasing some big project to prove to everyone he really was the 'King' of all media. Then when Jackie quit Howard completely lost the ability to be funny and no longer could use Jackie's lines.

9/11 happen and Artie joins the show the next day. Artie would become the main focus of the show until his firing essentially. Artie took the show over by force and would dominate over Howard for years. Beer League then happens in Artie never recovers. Becoming a junkie that would embarrass the show, Howard, and himself repeatedly for years before trying to kill himself after being fired for bringing his heroin dealer into the Sirius building for the hundredth time.

The Sirius years are almost entirely forgettable. And pretty much every single memorable bit has nothing to do with Howard and is about someone like Artie or Sal or Gary.
Artie saved Howards ass

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout

I disagree with the first half of this, but the second half is true.

Artie was still in his sidekick phase up until a year into Sirius. He was clearly scared to talk back to Howard and even Robin on the FM years. He was like a glorified wack packer who was able to be allowed in studio for the whole show.

Beer League came out about a year into Sirius, that was when Artie became too fat for his britches and would argue with Howard, talk over him, call him a fag for watching reality shows. I hated Artie during that late era, but looking back, he was probably more tolerable than I felt. At the time he was annoying the shit out of me.

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout
As far I'm aware somebody must have older stuff there's gotta be someone with a garage full of tapes from the 80s

I've seen clips around from early 90s not sure about before, never looked that hard, but it seems like there isn't an easy way to find that stuff somehow. I figure wiggie spends way more time trying to erase his passed then anything.

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout
Where can they be obtained? I have the Sirius years until Artie left but that’s about it. @Peckas

Peckas, I guess? I've never looked TOO hard but remember putting a minute or two into it some years back trying to find a specific show I'd heard about. You'd think it'd be everywhere. Pirate Bay does have video of his Channel 9 show from 1990..not sure if that's of any significance.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

i wish my rapist would call me back 😍
Forum Clout
Peckas, I guess? I've never looked TOO hard but remember putting a minute or two into it some years back trying to find a specific show I'd heard about. You'd think it'd be everywhere. Pirate Bay does have video of his Channel 9 show from 1990..not sure if that's of any significance.
All the Channel 9’s are on YouTube.