Next stop, Hollywood

Reality Translation: The Producer didn't read the script, but is going to have an intern read it and basically give them a book report on whether it's good or not. Producer is too busy to read the script themselves.

Patty Translation: I already knew my screenplay was excellent but now somebody else is going to read it and afterwards, confirm to me it's excellent. They will then send me fanmail telling me they are very very very thankful that I am such a talented writer.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
This didn’t happen since he didn’t even tag his writing partner. He’s just trying to convince himself he isn’t a massive failure and unemployed bum. Until contracts are ready to sign everything is just talk in film/tv production. He’s been writing for free “on spec” because nobody wants his bullshit. Next he will claim they are trying to “line up financing” which is always the excuse used in entertainment of why nothing is happening with your project.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
The thing about having a script that goes nowhere is that he can still claim it's "in development" and never has to admit it's a failure.
I knew a guy who has a script that’s been in the “development” stage since the early 90s. Met with studios, producers, actors attached, pay to play, etc. and still nothing has been done but technically it’s still in development.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Translation: Now to continue being unemployed and tweet all day.
How many different projects has Pat claimed to be working on only to have nothing to show? As long as he convinces himself he’s doing something he continues to sit on the couch getting fatter. I’d love to know what tall tales he feeds to Niki and her family about his career.

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
Sir, Mr Tomlinson is on the phone regarding his script treatment.

Who? Oh the greasy fat guy. I didn’t read it, get rid of him.

“Okay, so here’s the good news: the producer loved the script, so great job on that. However, he felt it just wasn’t right this time. So we’re gonna go with somebody else. However feel free to get in touch if you have something else interesting for us”

Will Tate

Oven March
Sir, Mr Tomlinson is on the phone regarding his script treatment.

Who? Oh the greasy fat guy. I didn’t read it, get rid of him.

“Okay, so here’s the good news: the producer loved the script, so great job on that. However, he felt it just wasn’t right this time. So we’re gonna go with somebody else. However feel free to get in touch if you have something else interesting for us”
I hope a producer decides there's enough of a hint of a high concept in Pat's script to make something of, but he brings in an actual screenwriter to completely rewrite the script and totally cut Pat out of the deal.

In fact, fuck it: @Twatsmash get your hands on the rights to that screenplay, I'll rewrite it for half union scale and points on the back end.