• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Nana cameo in jackie jokeman doc trailer.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
I really like that movie. Also it was a huge fight on the show between him and Howard because Howard was able to film his movie because they gave him a place to live right near the set whereas Beer League didn’t have the same budget or star power for that matter.
I also liked it, not the greatest movie ever but had some laughs and was co-written (and directed) by Frank Sebastiano who co-wrote Dirty Work. Artie for all of his bullshit was able to make the movie he wanted which was a raunchy R rated film which you could never get made today.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
According to The Chris Farley Show, pretty much all of his friends were furious they even let him do the show in the condition he was in. He was taking oxygen backstage between sketches just to make it to through the show. There were two very physical sketches that Norm tried to get them to separate because he knew it would be hell on Farley, but Lorne was more worried about the flow of the show than Farley’s health.
I thought I had heard they had him on oxygen. Funny how after that show Lorne had it removed from reruns / syndication since back then Comedy Central used to play the 90s episodes every day just because of how bad Farley looked. I think he only removed a few from reruns (now available on streaming) but that was one of them.

Forum Clout
I thought I had heard they had him on oxygen. Funny how after that show Lorne had it removed from reruns / syndication since back then Comedy Central used to play the 90s episodes every day just because of how bad Farley looked. I think he only removed a few from reruns (now available on streaming) but that was one of them.
There was a really short clip from it on the Farley Best Of SNL DVD, it’s in a montage of “fatty fall down” moments basically, he’s on a stationary bike (this was the sketch Norm didn’t want him to do) and you can tell it’s from this episode because he’s more bloated and red faced than in the others.

There was also one where Sandler and Spade are satanic restaurant reviewers or something and Farley is like their leader and at one point he just completely spaced out and Sandler goes “Farley, you gonna do your line, or…?” It was pretty much inevitable that he’d wind up dying like he did but it was still sad.

Forum Clout
Speaking of Farley, anyone ever see his last SNL hosted episode? It was like two months before he died and wow it’s hard to watch. The opening skit they make fun of him being an out of control addict then the rest of it he’s out of breath and sweating like crazy trying to perform. They had Chris Rock there to fill in at the last minute in case Farley couldn’t do it because of his bad health. He was only 33!
Dude it's such a tragic watch. He was dead less than 2 months later, so you're really catching him at the end when he's at his worst and most fucked up. Seeing things like the Foley bike sketch are insane, and makes you realize that the entire humor of the bit originally was the way how Farley would perform, and when that guy is on deaths door, the whole thing feels so embarrassing to watch. You can also see the tension amongst the other cast members; they clearly know that their friend is suffering and are also feeling naive/stupid for thinking that he was at all able to do this and also experiencing all of this on live television being watched by millions. Must've been brutal.

Here's the monologue he gives. Look to around 4:15; Farley flubs a very simple word that everyone laughs off, but Chris Rock makes a look clearly off camera that's like "oh this is really bad"

EraGodless

Forum Clout
I remember Artie talking about when he got cast for Dirty Work and him, Norm, and Saget went out to a bar and played pool and Artie was told by Saget he can’t be doing coke since they were obviously all warned about his behavior. That might Artie bought blow from some guy who met him at the bar. He got lucky with being a coke head and hiding it on Dirty Work since they were actually much more worried about Farley’s drug use which killed him a few months later. Farley even had a drug bodyguard at the time but he was too distracted by actors and movie set to watch Farley who had people bringing him (and probably Artie) all kinds of shit for his short time on set.

Speaking of Farley, anyone ever see his last SNL hosted episode? It was like two months before he died and wow it’s hard to watch. The opening skit they make fun of him being an out of control addict then the rest of it he’s out of breath and sweating like crazy trying to perform. They had Chris Rock there to fill in at the last minute in case Farley couldn’t do it because of his bad health. He was only 33!
It's a pretty good skit. It's not when he hosted it last, but his problems with drugs/alcohol were well known at the time.

Last edited:

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
According to The Chris Farley Show, pretty much all of his friends were furious they even let him do the show in the condition he was in.
Imagine this.....but stretched out over the course of half a decade. That was Artie Lange's tenure on the Stern Show during the Sirius years essentially. He was high almost every single day. Overworked because of his standup appearances and other gigs. And was a hostile psychotic maniac who could not function for more than a few hours at best without getting a fix. Yet the bosses kept him going and his managers kept him working because the money was simply too good for them to pass up. And his 'friends' and family also kept him working rather than stop because their lifestyles depended on his income.

Artie would show up to Stern obviously hungover or high or needing a fix. The entire staff would be terrified by his physical appearance because he looked to be on death's doorstep. He was getting fat and bloated and was not properly washing himself or grooming himself. His eyes would roll into his head like a shark sometimes when speaking. And he would nod off or doze off randomly at Sirius including a few times on air. And this was almost the daily routine for years on end. Multiple interns told people that they thought that he was going to die in front of them at some points.

Not to mention the violent fights and arguments. What a lot of people don't know is that Artie didn't just fight Stern staffers on the air. But he would fight people off of the air and fight people at comedy gigs or even attack his own friends randomly. He was just a crazy junkie but had some type of comic book superhero level resilience where the drugs simply couldn't take him out. He has survived two suicide attempts now including a particularly brutal one where he stabbed himself several times and poured bleach into the wounds. Guy is like the Highlander. All of the other drug addicted comics have to die before he can become mortal.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

i wish my rapist would call me back 😍
Forum Clout
I remember Artie talking about when he got cast for Dirty Work and him, Norm, and Saget went out to a bar and played pool and Artie was told by Saget he can’t be doing coke since they were obviously all warned about his behavior. That might Artie bought blow from some guy who met him at the bar. He got lucky with being a coke head and hiding it on Dirty Work since they were actually much more worried about Farley’s drug use which killed him a few months later. Farley even had a drug bodyguard at the time but he was too distracted by actors and movie set to watch Farley who had people bringing him (and probably Artie) all kinds of shit for his short time on set.

Pretty sure that Norm noticed and just didn’t care. I forget the actual story but I remember Artie saying he was drunk and made it really obvious.