• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Nana cameo in jackie jokeman doc trailer.

Forum Clout
IMG_0043.jpeg

Lmao.

Forum Clout
One thing that cannot be denied is that Jackie quitting the Stern show exposed Howard as being an unfunny fraud. Without Jackie around to feed him material and break his balls, Howard was rudderless, and had to resort to human garbage like Benjy and Crazy Cabbie for material. He had Artie Lange to kick around for a few years, but it was a whole different vibe than Jackie brought to the table. Jackie understood his role, and had no problem with serving himself up as a sacrifice for laughs. As soon as he quit, the show was immediately less funny, and it was glaring.

G

One thing that cannot be denied is that Jackie quitting the Stern show exposed Howard as being an unfunny fraud. Without Jackie around to feed him material and break his balls, Howard was rudderless, and had to resort to human garbage like Benjy and Crazy Cabbie for material. He had Artie Lange to kick around for a few years, but it was a whole different vibe than Jackie brought to the table. Jackie understood his role, and had no problem with serving himself up as a sacrifice for laughs. As soon as he quit, the show was immediately less funny, and it was glaring.
Get ‘em satan

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

i wish my rapist would call me back 😍
Forum Clout
I think Artie had no problem being most of the time but he started as a huge fan so unlike Jackie he didn’t get pissed off and fight back for a while. Robin never gave it to Howard.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

i wish my rapist would call me back 😍
Forum Clout
Is there really a need for a whole movie, the trailer pretty much covers it. Ninety minutes of talking heads with "former ____" on the chyron exaggerating the status of the last performer who still uses street jokes.

"It's like watching Babe Ruth step up from the on deck circle". Is it?
Although I did like him on Stern from the limited stuff I can find on YouTube I do kind of consider it bullshit to use street jokes on stage.

Forum Clout
Is there really a need for a whole movie, the trailer pretty much covers it. Ninety minutes of talking heads with "former ____" on the chyron exaggerating the status of the last performer who still uses street jokes.

"It's like watching Babe Ruth step up from the on deck circle". Is it?

Yeah, let's not pretend that Jackie Martling is some kind of comedy wizard elder. He excelled at slipping Howard Stern shock radio gags on the fly, and he provided a hilarious laugh track that frequently made the proceedings seem funnier than they actually were. But aside from that one specific thing, he's kind of an annoying hack who's good at memorizing old jokes.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Yeah, let's not pretend that Jackie Martling is some kind of comedy wizard elder. But aside from that one specific thing, he's kind of an annoying hack who's good at memorizing old jokes.
Jackie was one of the biggest things in comedy clubs when he signed on for Stern full time in the 80s. He was building careers of guys like Chris Rock, Tim Allen, Bill Hicks, Sam Kinison, and lots of others. He would network with anyone with a pulse. He was literally helping anyone and everyone get a start in comedy even if you were a nobody because you never knew when someone might get famous overnight with their act. Why do you think Vos's first taped special even had Jackie as the host? Because the guy literally was like Forest Gump for comedy on the east coast as practically everyone knew him and worked with him.

Jackie was just like Billy West. Super talented but had to give up everything to work for Stern. But Jackie made millions working for Stern because of his side businesses and standup. He quit mostly to just retire and relax because the money wasn't worth the schedule. Billy couldn't get a big gig and do Stern at the same time, and so he asked Stern to match his offers for other gigs, and Stern couldn't come close to the money (though he blamed it on Tom to the audience, everyone knew). So Billy left as well and ended up becoming one of the biggest voice actors of all time.

Jackie wrote nearly every single line that Billy West delivered. He probably wrote more hours of jokes for Billy than his lines in Futurama. Oh but he's a hack? Linger longer, faggot. And go back and listen to old Stern shows from the 80s and 90s.

Forum Clout
Jackie was one of the biggest things in comedy clubs when he signed on for Stern full time in the 80s. He was building careers of guys like Chris Rock, Tim Allen, Bill Hicks, Sam Kinison, and lots of others. He would network with anyone with a pulse. He was literally helping anyone and everyone get a start in comedy even if you were a nobody because you never knew when someone might get famous overnight with their act. Why do you think Vos's first taped special even had Jackie as the host? Because the guy literally was like Forest Gump for comedy on the east coast as practically everyone knew him and worked with him.

Jackie was just like Billy West. Super talented but had to give up everything to work for Stern. But Jackie made millions working for Stern because of his side businesses and standup. He quit mostly to just retire and relax because the money wasn't worth the schedule. Billy couldn't get a big gig and do Stern at the same time, and so he asked Stern to match his offers for other gigs, and Stern couldn't come close to the money (though he blamed it on Tom to the audience, everyone knew). So Billy left as well and ended up becoming one of the biggest voice actors of all time.

Jackie wrote nearly every single line that Billy West delivered. He probably wrote more hours of jokes for Billy than his lines in Futurama. Oh but he's a hack? Linger longer, faggot. And go back and listen to old Stern shows from the 80s and 90s.
You sure told me. Anyhow, I always liked Jokey, and the Stern show never recovered after he left. It was instantly way less funny. Artie had his moments, but IMO he wasn't even half as hilarious as Jackie was.

Forum Clout

If Jackie had stayed, how long would he have lasted? If his pace didn't kill him, I always assumed that at some point, Stern would have thrown him under the bus, claimed he was antiquated and etc. Probably as soon as Howie found himself in PC "hot water" over a racial gag or something.

Single Action Army

We ain't goon hooligans we Maloonigans
Forum Clout
Yeah, let's not pretend that Jackie Martling is some kind of comedy wizard elder. He excelled at slipping Howard Stern shock radio gags on the fly, and he provided a hilarious laugh track that frequently made the proceedings seem funnier than they actually were. But aside from that one specific thing, he's kind of an annoying hack who's good at memorizing old jokes.

Norton Syndrome
Pretty funny in his one specific lane, completely collapses everywhere else

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
You sure told me. Anyhow, I always liked Jokey, and the Stern show never recovered after he left. It was instantly way less funny. Artie had his moments, but IMO he wasn't even half as hilarious as Jackie was.
You can blame a lot of that on Stern. When Artie was left to his own devices he was funny on Stern. His drinking and gambling in Vegas. Him and Gilbert doing Robin's news and screaming. All of the crazy stories of his life he told. His fights with the staff. His ability to get on mic and interrupt Howard and not fear for his job. It all made for good radio. Artie was great on the show from 2001 to 2005. But everything after that was continually downhill until the implosion (too soon for implosion jokes?).

What happened in 2005?

A major problem with Artie is that Stern never really reigned him in and got him to be normal and just focus on the show. Just like Howard didn't really force Artie into rehab when he was obviously drinking or using drugs. Stern also didn't stop Artie from making Beer League which was clearly too much work for Artie to take on by himself and greatly affected him negatively. Howard always loathed when his guys would use his name to plug their side gigs. He hated when guys like Gary, Fred, John, and even Robin would use his name to get themselves work outside of the show. The only person to ever be allowed to basically plug everything was Jackie because he was a proven standup comic before working for Stern. And even then Jackie knew that he had to compete with the plugs of the other staff members and forced Tom Chiusano to write the plugs into this contracts.

But Howard always hated people using his name to pick up other gigs when they were already working for him full time. It was something that Howard was very consistent with from early KROCK days. Up until today. Yet, he let Artie pitch Beer League to literally every movie distribution company by saying "Look.....I'm on the Stern....the movie will make tons of money". And told Artie that he could make Beer League and work for the Stern Show and it would not be a problem. He made the exception for Artie which is something he didn't even do for Jackie or Billy.

We might not ever know the truth of what happened with Artie. But at some point he was producing and filming Beer League and he was having trouble concentrating on all of his work. So he began using cocaine heavily. Was it because of Beer League? Comedy gigs? He's just an asshole disgrace? We don't really know. But at some point he was doing Stern, standup comedy, and Beer League nonstop for months. According to Artie, so this might be a lie, he was at a comedy gig and asked someone to get him cocaine and they got him heroin instead. And he used the heroin thinking that it was cocaine. And when he asked the guy for more the guy said "I can hook you up with a heroin dealer". So Artie began using heroin from that point on. But this trusting a junkie's word so who knows.

Multiple people on set of Beer League thought Artie was on drugs. Stern staff members did. But Stern ignored all of their warning and basically said "mind your own business". And this was during 2005 when Artie was clearly messed up. And after years of him binge drinking during live appearances and showing he had no control over his alcohol intake. Someone from Beer League contacted Stern and the radio show and said that Artie was on drugs. And others threatened to walk off of Beer League unless Artie went to rehab. Stern knew about this and so did others from the show. But Artie refused rehab. Instead Artie began using Subutex pills and trying to ween himself off of heroin which bought him another few years of using without people fearing for his life. But he never was off heroin for more than a short period. Never sober.

And the drugs for Artie basically didn't stop until his suicide attempt and his nose looked like the Titan submersible (too soon?).