• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Movies most people think suck that you think are great

WhereWeAt

Forum Clout
Far and away this was the best thing Robin Williams ever did.

Death-to-Smoochy.jpg

G

I don't think it's a "great movie", but I find Hudson Hawk very entertaining and rewatchable. It was released right off the back of Die Hard 2 and was marketed as a straight action movie, and inevitably ate shit at the box office. It's a live action Looney Tunes cartoon.

Dusty Dan

Forum Clout
Watchmen. Everyone says it's shit and tbf that Snyder fellow is a talentless hack, but honestly it's my favourite superhero film. I could never get into stuff like Batman, but Watchmen drew me in with the rape and male nudity. Apparently fans of the comic all think it is an insult to the original, but i started reading the comic and so far it's frame by frame exactly the same thing and I think the film does the characters justice. Maybe my opinion will change by the time I finish it.

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
Pain & Gain got a lot of shit for what I assume was Michael Bay fatigue, cause the movie itself was perfectly fine.

67 on metacritic, I was expecting 90. I'm actually surprised
I'm one of those people who was disappointed by it. I think the problem is that the trailer gave the impression that the movie would be a lot more dry than it actually was, like the dad and son would be a foil to a world that's mostly played straight. Then you put it on and every character acts like they're from a cartoon and the quirkiness is very in-your-face. It insists upon its own zaniness a bit too much for alot of people to really enjoy it. I was watching it with a friend and we usually enjoy this kind of shit, but we decided to turn it off 20 minutes in because it just wasn't working for either of us.

I might give it another shot in the future but I'd be lying if I didn't admit I was kinda put off.

Forum Clout
Watchmen. Everyone says it's shit and tbf that Snyder fellow is a talentless hack, but honestly it's my favourite superhero film. I could never get into stuff like Batman, but Watchmen drew me in with the rape and male nudity. Apparently fans of the comic all think it is an insult to the original, but i started reading the comic and so far it's frame by frame exactly the same thing and I think the film does the characters justice. Maybe my opinion will change by the time I finish it.
It's only the fans of the comics that enjoy the stupid alan Moore pirate subplot b story that adds nothing to the overall story. Snyder did a solid job, he's a great cinematographer and when he's making someone else's story it's usually good, he's a terrible writer though

Forum Clout
Everyone acts like it sucks but i think it's very entertaining. I actually really enjoy Sinbad in it too, for example when he pulls put a package and pretends it's a bomb to escape the police... the only thing that really sucks about the movie is the Son, the same kid who played little Darth Vader in Phantom Menace, and Tom Hank's wife is such a dry boring actor.
Phil Hartman was awesome in it, and a neighbor who's constantly trying to fuck the main characters wife is so out of place in a kids movie.

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
Kingdom of Heaven I love that movie and the extended version is miles better
I have the same opinion towards Alexander too. Sure, the acting and writing stunk but the battles are some of the best ever put on screen and it does manage to capture that sense of wonder of people making their way far beyond the world they know. I'm willing to cut it a bit of slack because of that, same with KoH.

Historical epics are just hard to do well. You either get a director who focusses autistically on the historical details while letting the whole movie part suffer, or you get something like Braveheart which nails all the filmmaking beats but is laughably inaccurate. It's why Master and Commander is so lauded, it's one of the few films that got everything right.