• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Most annoying comedian trait?

G

Fake edginess ranks towards the top. The whole concept of being edgy is kinda corny and gay anyway, but if someone's going to run with it, at least try to actually be offensive. Nobody's shocked by the fact that you talk about sex. This isn't the 1950's. Dead baby jokes are lame tryhard middle schooler horseshit. Be more funny.

Also how they try to pivot from joking around to wanting to be taken seriously, like when they talk about the "craft" or start in with the political nonsense. You chose to be a clown. You're not Michelangelo, faggot. And you're not a deep thinker. You spend all day smoking weed, watching TV and trying to come up with "hot takes" on the latest nonsense news story that'll be forgotten in 2 weeks. Nice lasting artistic legacy, stupid.

What are some a them other traits we got?

Last edited by a moderator:

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Forum Clout
To add to the problem with fake edginess: shitting on religion isn't brave or rebellious. It's 2021, not 1975. No one goes to church these days, so who are you fighting against?

Never mind that a lot of these comics came from the UK after WWII. When were they even getting Christiantiy pushed on them?

Snake

Forum Clout
To add to the problem with fake edginess: shitting on religion isn't brave or rebellious. It's 2021, not 1975. No one goes to church these days, so who are you fighting against?

Never mind that a lot of these comics came from the UK after WWII. When were they even getting Christiantiy pushed on them?
You mean going after Catholics isn’t rebellious?

Calculating Bovinity

My name's Pat-reek, the Five-Ton Freak, child
Forum Clout
Not attempting to be funny. A comedian's job, first and foremost, is to be funny. Do your job, stupid.

Fake insecurity. A comic will spend a long time writing and practicing their material, begging for spots, and getting themselves to the venue. It's not believable if they're up on stage acting sheepish.

Snake

Forum Clout

Johnny Carson fires shots at the Joe Rogan Camp
220px-Jim_Norton_in_XM_Studios_in_2005.jpg

Awww baby boy. You don't know what it's like to be there in the trenches of the Cellar and work it out for 20 minutes. How many sets do you do a night, character?

G

The most annoying comedian trait is that they all claim to be individualistic artists but are all a bunch of empty faggots who would sell their soul in 5 seconds for a spot in a fucking Old Spice commercial.

There's still a couple I like and will pay to see if they come close enough. Dipaolo, Stanhope, Bob Kelly killed here recently I would see them all again.

Vos was actually great when I saw him 3-4 years ago. He just shat all over the crowd for an hour. When he just lets it fly he's fucking funny, he's just old as shit and the problem is his cunt wife tags herself along to everything he does and sucks all the funny right out of him.

1073waaf

The ONLY station that REALLY ROCKS!
Forum Clout

I notice they only shit on Christianity and not actual problem religions like Islam.

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
The unwritten rule of not shitting on other comics.

It's just something THAT ISN'T DONE... unless you're Joe Rogan who shit on Mencia, or Louis CK who shit on Dane Cook and Denis Leary. Even Kevin Brennan's career got a shot in the arm because he started shitting on others within "the industry".

The other thing that comics do that's cringe is breaking someone else's balls to the delight of nobody... and I'm of course talking about DeRosa, who made fun of guys like Doctor Steve and Troy Quan and they gave it back to him harder. If you can't outwit a CIVILIAN and you can't make fun of someone and have them take it in stride and not take it personally, then you're not good at it and you should have been selling sandwiches ten years ago.

I listened to this old episode of O&A with Burr and DeRosa. At the end Burr had to tell this story of how Joe opened for him, shit all over the crowd and said 'cunt' 50 times and then Burr had to follow that with an hour. Burr wound up screaming at Joe over the phone for fucking up the set by going into business for himself, and with such a level of unawareness replied "look that's just where I'm at in my career now" as if he were an actual artist.

How clueless can you be? All the opener has to do is keep the energy going at medium to build the anticipation for the headliner, and he completely shit on the guy WHO LET HIM RENT AN APARTMENT FROM HIM. I'm so happy Joe is where he is right now.