• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

In defense of Howard Stern...

G

Imagine being loyal to a bunch of truckers and other blue-collar (who themselves changed and are fickle) over the creme-of-the-crop of society? Imagine not being allowed to mellow out in old age? What they call 'selling out' is just him getting civilized by success. His other option is to be Nana and stay "loyal" (lol) to 12 truckers behind a pay wall.

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
As fucked up as this is going to sound, I think when your dinner tab runs the same as one of your friends monthly salaries it is difficult for you to have much of a connection. A weird storm system of condescension and resentment is created when your best friend wants to tell you about a great new movie they just saw, but already saw it with the stars of that movie. Unless, like Ant and other rich black guys, you want to keep your childhood friends and family on a salary or allowance, you're going to find yourself disconnected. It happens to everyone, but on a much smaller scale.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Fawwkkk I was just thinking about this. Here’s my counter.

It’s fine to mellow out. It’s a different thing to be dishonest. He’s said he’s never said Nigger. It is so ridiculous its insane. The comparison to Nana is different because Nana is even WORSE. Nana traded his career to be a broke irrelevant right wing comedian. Howard Stern “traded his career” (aka lost reputation with fans) to be a Hollywood socialite. I think about O&A and how someone like Opie, a complete retard by all means, had the grace and self awareness after Nanas firing to realize it was time to start winding things down. Sniff…Jimmys characters were a no go and the vibe of the show changed completely. After the worm left, and Opie got fired, now he’s just podcasting on a beach pretty much retired.

What does Howard Stern gain from doing his show since, maybe, 2014? It’s not funny. It’s not interesting. It’s Howard interviewing his celebrity gay lovers and getting paid millions of dollars for it. At the cost of your reputation. Which sounds ridiculous because, as we all know, he “doesn’t care” about that shit, but it does matter. Great. So now Howards career is like one of those shitty tv shows that should have ended 3 seasons ago and now you think about it and you’re saying “why am i watching this anymore? This was good but now it’s bad.”

I think i’ve said it before but i’m glad O&A ended where it did. I cannot imagine Opie and Anthony reacting to shit or doing a show post 2015.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
As fucked up as this is going to sound, I think when your dinner tab runs the same as one of your friends monthly salaries it is difficult for you to have much of a connection.
Hence it being hilarious when his flunkies like Ralph go out to dinner with rich celebrities and steal the tip money. Or Robin being delusional and ordering $800 bottles of wine for the table like it was nothing. I think Gary once hired a three star Michelin chef to cook him and his guest a private dinner at home and Howard walked out with Beth in the middle of dinner because he was tired.

Even with all of the money they are all low class idiots and losers. Howard just pays his PR people to make him seem like some rich snob. But he is really crazy cat lady like Anthony.

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
I said this like a year ago. Is it disappointing? Yes. Less entertaining? Yes. But what he's doing makes business sense in the current climate. For the record, I think right now would also be the perfect climate for a new shock jock to rise... It's a young man's game.

Yeah he's a big pussy. I'm sure he's crying into his gourmet almonds every morning that he lost the respect of truckers and people who niggerpost anonymously online who would never publicly defend him if he got in trouble doing some childish stunt, in his 70s.

He don't need money. He needs his status. And like any woman, he's willing to take up whatever the cause of the week is. And he's willing to say whatever the phrase of the month is... in order to keep his status.

You want a guy in his 70s to beg teen girls to disrobe? Let him live out his sad Bill Burr like fantasies of becoming a hero for an unlikely demographic because it's a new world for him to conquer. Stern and Bill Burr both played to the male crowds for a long time. It got old to them and now they want to be known and seen for other things. When you get old enough you're allowed to not be exactly the same as you were 20 years ago.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

i wish my rapist would call me back 😍
Forum Clout
Remember when he cried over that guy with the stutter on America's Got Talent or one of those dumb shows? He was a judge, and the contestant's sappy story was that he had a stutter, and Howard cried over his story.

Fucking bullshit...
He called John retarded for years. I mean John is retarded but he wasn’t crying.

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Joe's Geek Squad Technician
Forum Clout
Imagine being loyal to a bunch of truckers and other blue-collar (who themselves changed and are fickle) over the creme-of-the-crop of society? Imagine not being allowed to mellow out in old age? What they call 'selling out' is just him getting civilized by success. His other option is to be Nana and stay "loyal" (lol) to 12 truckers behind a pay wall.
Nah, he sucks

FingerofGod

Forum Clout
Fawwkkk I was just thinking about this. Here’s my counter.

It’s fine to mellow out. It’s a different thing to be dishonest. He’s said he’s never said Nigger. It is so ridiculous its insane. The comparison to Nana is different because Nana is even WORSE. Nana traded his career to be a broke irrelevant right wing comedian. Howard Stern “traded his career” (aka lost reputation with fans) to be a Hollywood socialite. I think about O&A and how someone like Opie, a complete retard by all means, had the grace and self awareness after Nanas firing to realize it was time to start winding things down. Sniff…Jimmys characters were a no go and the vibe of the show changed completely. After the worm left, and Opie got fired, now he’s just podcasting on a beach pretty much retired.

What does Howard Stern gain from doing his show since, maybe, 2014? It’s not funny. It’s not interesting. It’s Howard interviewing his celebrity gay lovers and getting paid millions of dollars for it. At the cost of your reputation. Which sounds ridiculous because, as we all know, he “doesn’t care” about that shit, but it does matter. Great. So now Howards career is like one of those shitty tv shows that should have ended 3 seasons ago and now you think about it and you’re saying “why am i watching this anymore? This was good but now it’s bad.”

I think i’ve said it before but i’m glad O&A ended where it did. I cannot imagine Opie and Anthony reacting to shit or doing a show post 2015.
I’ve listened to very little of da howie tbfhwc but I listened to some clip from the 90s that Gilbert was on right after he died and I remember howard dropping nigger left and right, what a phony douche. It’s funny that on terrestrial radio you could say nigger and faggot but not shit.

FingerofGod

Forum Clout
I said this like a year ago. Is it disappointing? Yes. Less entertaining? Yes. But what he's doing makes business sense in the current climate. For the record, I think right now would also be the perfect climate for a new shock jock to rise... It's a young man's game.

Yeah he's a big pussy. I'm sure he's crying into his gourmet almonds every morning that he lost the respect of truckers and people who niggerpost anonymously online who would never publicly defend him if he got in trouble doing some childish stunt, in his 70s.

He don't need money. He needs his status. And like any woman, he's willing to take up whatever the cause of the week is. And he's willing to say whatever the phrase of the month is... in order to keep his status.

You want a guy in his 70s to beg teen girls to disrobe? Let him live out his sad Bill Burr like fantasies of becoming a hero for an unlikely demographic because it's a new world for him to conquer. Stern and Bill Burr both played to the male crowds for a long time. It got old to them and now they want to be known and seen for other things. When you get old enough you're allowed to not be exactly the same as you were 20 years ago.
I don’t see another shock jock rising right now. If they did, it would obviously be a podcast but the most popular comedy podcasts now are way more tame than o&a and stern ever were. LOS seemed to want to carry that torch at first but the show has been slowly dying for years. RAP can be good but it’s inconsistent and Luis can be a bit much with his “I came from nothing” rants. That leaves what, matt and shane? It’s ok but doesn’t hold a candle to the things of the past.

WhereWeAt

Forum Clout
One thing I will say about Howard is his starfucking phase has led to interesting interviews. I'm not doing the fawning praise of his interview skills btw, I'm just saying it kind of became a self-fulfilling prophecy. As a "destination," these celebrities come ready to reveal previously unknown inside stories.

It's like how O&A were a destination for comedians; no actual skill on their part other than setting the scene for funnier people in the way Howard sets the scene for famous people to dish. It's perfect for 6 minute youtube clips, but I couldn't imagine listening for hours waiting for something good to happen.

Naked_Militiaman

Powdered Toast Man
Forum Clout
I’ve listened to very little of da howie tbfhwc but I listened to some clip from the 90s that Gilbert was on right after he died and I remember howard dropping nigger left and right, what a phony douche. It’s funny that on terrestrial radio you could say nigger and faggot but not shit.
I miss the crumbling white society of the 90s

Naked_Militiaman

Powdered Toast Man
Forum Clout
I don’t see another shock jock rising right now. If they did, it would obviously be a podcast but the most popular comedy podcasts now are way more tame than o&a and stern ever were. LOS seemed to want to carry that torch at first but the show has been slowly dying for years. RAP can be good but it’s inconsistent and Luis can be a bit much with his “I came from nothing” rants. That leaves what, matt and shane? It’s ok but doesn’t hold a candle to the things of the past.
This is exactly why I “simp for Dan Mullen”.