If I somehow back myself into a Hollywood style ending, please believe Foo Fighters will be the soundtrack to the final shootout/car chase...

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!
Foo Fighters haven't made a good Album since Wasting Light, and half of that album sucked.

To be real blunt though, they were never the same after the first One by One sessions, which were leaked a few years ago as The Million Dollar Demos. They were angry, burnt out and bitter with each other, ready to break up. You can hear it in the recordings (probably why I like the "Demos" far more than that forgettable album). They took a break after hating what they did, came back after a year or so and recorded that piece of over-processed shit.

I hear far more good about Grohl than I do bad, so I don't have a problem with him. But the band is very overrated, so of course Prancin' Point Pat would want them to play his "end of White Heat" death. Top of the world, Mama Raven!

Last edited:

TorqueWheeler

Dan doesn't have a penis. I. Do.
Foo Fighters haven't made a good Album since Wasting Light, and half of that album sucked.

To be real blunt though, they were never the same after the first One by One sessions, which were leaked a few years ago as The Million Dollar Demos. They were angry, burnt out and bitter with each other, ready to break up. You can hear it in the recordings (probably why I like the "Demos" far more than that forgettable album). They took a break after hating what they did, came back after a year or so and recorded that piece of over-processed shit.

I hear far more good about Grohl than I do bad, so I don't have a problem with him. But the band is very overrated, so of course Prancin' Point Pat would want them to play his "end of White Heat" death. Top of the world, Mama Raven!

This really nails it. Rope was easily the last good song they wrote and it’s been a slalom downhill ever since that album.

I think Grohl is mostly a really good guy but sometimes you see stuff with him flippping out on stage and shouting about “rock n roll, maaan!” and he just sounds deeply embarrassing. I have met him before and he was very humble though so it could just be the moment overtaking him. I’m quite sure even he doesn’t think Foo Fighters are as good as Pat seems to think either.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I think Grohl is very talented. He’s also a careerist and FF have not taken any real risks in 20 years.
They’re exactly the same as Weezer post-Pinkerton. They had tasted success, and then never took a risk or were vulnerable again. Can’t kill the cash cow.
Exactly, Foo Fighters are Dave’s safe band that will bring in the big money when he feels like it. The members do next to NOTHING when Dave is out doing solo work/playing with other groups/film work/etc. and that’s the agreement they have. Even their setlist for concerts is majority first 3 albums. Foo can’t be Foo without Dave so they just wait for him to say “ok, let’s play arenas and festivals this summer” and they all jump at his call. They can pump out any generic rock that sounds like their past 5 albums, play 2-3 of those on tour, then slowly remove them from the set.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!
This really nails it. Rope was easily the last good song they wrote and it’s been a slalom downhill ever since that album.

I think Grohl is mostly a really good guy but sometimes you see stuff with him flippping out on stage and shouting about “rock n roll, maaan!” and he just sounds deeply embarrassing. I have met him before and he was very humble though so it could just be the moment overtaking him. I’m quite sure even he doesn’t think Foo Fighters are as good as Pat seems to think either.
I admit to liking Dave, I think he has genuine talent. My cousin Ian once called him "A White Prince", which I thought was overselling, but then again, he CAN play most instruments and write...

But yeah, I've seen the clips you speak of. He's one of those guys who seems really up or down, and what I've heard cements that. I'd still buy him a round of Tyskie's if he ever came through Poznan though.