• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

I just saw Bert Kreischer in an episode of The Shield

Professor Rape

49 20 4C 49 4B 45 20 52 41 50 45
Forum Clout
The Shield is better than Boardwalk Empire but worse than The Sopranos, BB, the Wire, even BCS.
Everyone here told me to watch Boardwalk Empire and then when I did it was a kiked version of the 1920s, really hammering up the "women and minorities hate the 1920s!" and "KKK everywhere!" angle. I tapped out after 3 episodes.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
I like how they completely copied the Sopranos by going “Whoa his mother who he loves is manipulative and controls the gang!! SHES THE REAL MOVER AND SHAKER!!” but they forgot Livia wasn’t literally ordering hits and murdering people. I’m not exaggerating when I say SOA might be the worst TV drama ever.
Livia orders the hits on Brendan and Tony. And orders the beating on Christopher. And the taxing on Hesh.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Livia orders the hits on Brendan and Tony. And orders the beating on Christopher. And the taxing on Hesh.
Yeah but indirectly.

“Chris is a nice boy, he put the shutters up for me during the hurricane. He could use a talking to. That Filone kid? I don’t know…”

In SOA they literally have the mother ordering hits in plain language. Thats the difference between slightly intelligent writing and dog shit.

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
Everyone here told me to watch Boardwalk Empire and then when I did it was a kiked version of the 1920s, really hammering up the "women and minorities hate the 1920s!" and "KKK everywhere!" angle. I tapped out after 3 episodes.
I tapped out at Season 3 when every character becomes a shitty person because “MUH MORALLY GREY CHARACTERS”

You didn’t like the scene where Chalkey White tortures the KKK member ??? Or the scene where Challey White says “motherfucker” and Nucky goes “Whats a motherfucker?” GET IT? HE INVENTED THE WORD!

It is arguably the most beautiful show i’ve seen in it’s set design. That shit looks like the 1920’s. You had Martin Scorsese direct the first episode. And then you have the most dogshit writing, plots, acting, characters, holy shit is that show terrible.

Professor Rape

49 20 4C 49 4B 45 20 52 41 50 45
Forum Clout
I tapped out at Season 3 when every character becomes a shitty person because “MUH MORALLY GREY CHARACTERS”

You didn’t like the scene where Chalkey White tortures the KKK member ??? Or the scene where Challey White says “motherfucker” and Nucky goes “Whats a motherfucker?” GET IT? HE INVENTED THE WORD!

It is arguably the most beautiful show i’ve seen in it’s set design. That shit looks like the 1920’s. You had Martin Scorsese direct the first episode. And then you have the most dogshit writing, plots, acting, characters, holy shit is that show terrible.
I did see a clip on youtube where nucky goes into some weird tent and there's future technology. Was that supernatural? If so, it was kinda cool. But I didn't get the context coz it was just a youtube clip.

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
I did see a clip on youtube where nucky goes into some weird tent and there's future technology. Was that supernatural? If so, it was kinda cool. But I didn't get the context coz it was just a youtube clip.
That happens in like season 5 and the technology is a TV. I’m pretty sure thats not a hallucination and may even be rooted in some fact? I don’t know about the history of the TV though.

LingerLonger

Forum Clout
The first televisions were displayed on the AC boardwalks in the 1930s. That tent and television are the actual ones recreated from the 1930s.

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
The first televisions were displayed on the AC boardwalks in the 1930s. That tent and television are the actual ones recreated from the 1930s.
See thats cool. Boardwalk Empire excels with the historical shit because yeah i want to see people in the 1920’s reacting to Calvin Coolidges election (@BonnieMcFarlaneMe2 NO NOT YOU) . Then you have all this fucking SHLOCK inbetween.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
Catherine Dent is an ugly woman. CCH Pounder is a FINE piece of ass.

I've been binging this show and was pretty invested but I fell asleep with it playing all night and now I'm out of the loop on a bunch of shit. I think Aceveda got mouth-raped at gunpoint and I missed it.
It's a good show. Definitely backtrack to where you left off or there will be a ton you don't get. Did stupid Shane cause that guy's car accident yet? I was just rewatching that season and I can't believe I never realized it was bert.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
"The Shield" is one of the rare pieces of entertainment where you really don't grasp how incredible it is until you watch the entire thing, twice.

15 years ago, I'd argue that my favorite TV show ever was "Breaking Bad," but as time's progressed, the Shield just gets better and better. When you watch "Breaking Bad" for the second time, it becomes fairly apparent that Walt is a loose cannon and Gus Fringe isn't as bad as he first seems to be, and Gus should've killed Walt in season 3 or season 4 and saved everyone a lot of misery.

But "The Shield" is way deeper:

• On a second watch, the lolcows of the show seem way more heroic. Dutch is a punching bag, but he's not a bad guy. The way that everyone abuses him makes his seem like a perv and a cuck, but he's loyal and he has integrity. It's just hard to notice because he's constantly getting clowned on.
  • I think Aceveda is one of the most interesting characters. He comes off as a garden variety slimy politician, but when you watch it a 2nd time, you can see that he's doing everything he can to keep The Barn from imploding. He does some slimy things, but he's mostly doing them out of duty to his employees.
  • Obviously, Shane seems like a scumbag, but it's eventually clear that he's just a lot weaker than his Tough Guy Persona would have you believe, and Vic is bullying him into doing things he shouldn't do.
  • And then there's Vic. I'd give my left nut to see the writer of the "The Shield" remake the Star Wars prequels, because he did an AMAZING job of portraying Vic as this Cool Badass Dude, when he's actually a psychopath with absolutely zero loyalty or moral code. He seems "cool" because he's cracking heads, but eventually you realize he'd throw his own mother under the bus if it benefited him. Just an completely irredeemable shithead masquerading as The Good Guy.
Yeah I noticed more about characters after a second watch

Corrine: I thought she was an annoying bitch but after watching again I realized a lot of times her nagging of Vic is justified. she's basically dealing with a selfish manipulative asshole who is constantly making excuses to do whatever he wants and neglect his duties as a parent and try to make her feel bad about being angry about that.

Lem: Easily the best person overall in the entire show. Literally everything he does shows that he's a conscientious, moral person. WHen he accidentally shoots El Tigres brother, he is racked by guilt to the point he tries to help her and puts himself on the line trying to get the charge thrown out so he doesn't get a third strike. ****SPOILERS*** when he is on the run and the kid next door gets hurt he doesn't hesitate to go try to help him knowing that would blow his cover*****. HIs discomfort over the money train because he knows the Armenians will never stop looking at the not just him but people he cared about would get hurt. The list goes on and on.

Ronnie: might be pound for pound the biggest scumbag besides Vic when he finds out they killed terry he just shrugs it off like "yea I kinda figured". he has no problem prioritizing himself and vic above anyone or anything else. at first I saw him as just some corny guy but later when you see his character and how he treats people it's so clear

Last edited:

TorpidSloth

Forum Clout
One of the greatest shows of all time, it should be spoken of in the same breath as The Wire.
It's certainly more entertaining than the Wire. Some of the writing is a bit heavy on exposition - a lot of Mackey's lines are either explaining what's going on or reminding the audience what happened before - but Walton Goggins gives one of the best TV performances of all time in the later seasons.

LingerLonger

Forum Clout
Corrine: I thought she was an annoying bitch but after watching again I realized a lot of times her nagging of Vic is justified. she's basically dealing with a selfish manipulative asshole who is constantly making excuses to do whatever he wants and neglect his duties as a parent and try to make her feel bad about being angry about that.
99% of shows with mob wives have the wife in on the crimes. Like Carmella getting aroused when Tony kills Matthew. Or Margaret in Boardwalk Empire using Nucky's dirty money. Or Skylar laundering Walt's money. Corrine is one of the few wives of criminals who turns on her husband fully and even agrees to testify against him in court. She has three children, two autistic, and a husband whose crimes are so extreme that Armenian hitmen are entering her home to kill her. She is supposed to be written as manic and paranoid. Especially when in season five she gets flat out told "Vic killed Terry Crowley". Same reason why Danny no longer allowed Vic to see their kid when she realizes that Vic killed Terry.

Her character is well written just poorly acted. As the actress is married to The Shield's creator.
Lem: Easily the best person overall in the entire show. Literally everything he does shows that he's a conscientious, moral person. WHen he accidentally shoots El Tigres brother, he is racked by guilt to the point he tries to help her and puts himself on the line trying to get the charge thrown out so he doesn't get a third strike. ****SPOILERS*** when he is on the run and the kid next door gets hurt he doesn't hesitate to go try to help him knowing that would blow his cover*****. HIs discomfort over the money train because he knows the Armenians will never stop looking at the not just him but people he cared about would get hurt. The list goes on and on.
Burning the money train cash was the dumbest decision on the Strike Team. It killed any opportunity for them to frame someone else for having the money. Or even turning the money over to the FBI anonymously. When Kavanaugh was using his psychological trick with shaking hands or holding out a stick of gum he said that anyone who eventually takes his hand is likely to break. In the end he holds his hand out to Lem to shake and Lem eventually shakes it. Meaning that Shane was correct to kill Lem as Lem was going to break eventually.

Vic getting angry over Shane killing Lem is probably the most idiotic storyline on The Shield. That Vic who killed another cop and was wasting people right and left somehow cared that Lem was ratting on them. And not even a few months later would be ratting himself. I know that wanted to drive a wedge between Vic and Shane but it made no sense. Ronnie's reaction to Vic killing Terry of "yeah whatever" should have been Vic's reaction to Shane killing Lem.
Ronnie: might be pound for pound the biggest scumbag besides Vic when he finds out they killed terry he just shrugs it off like "yea I kinda figured". he has no problem prioritizing himself and vic above anyone or anything else. at first I saw him as just some corny guy but later when you see his character and how he treats people it's so clear
Ronnie trust Vic and Shane was his own death sentence. Both of them are cop killers who would protect their own families. Ronnie's storyline should have been trying to get an immunity deal behind Vic's back as well.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Forum Clout
Vic getting angry over Shane killing Lem is probably the most idiotic storyline on The Shield.
Vic saw them as family and he probably saw that as one of the worst things to ever happen to him. He held them all to a higher standard that he of course breaks himself, and tries to justify, when it comes to Ronnie at the end.

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
Forum Clout
This show rules. I should watch it again.

1718811944122.png

Spook street? Tss, is it fulla ghosts or sumptin?

Jack_Horner

Forum Clout
The shield is at least as good as the wire, possibly better. Very underrated show to me

It's so hard to get people to watch it, because it comes off as dated and cornball at first. The more that I see it, the more that I love it. There's the obvious stuff- there are a bunch of layers to the show that only reveal themselves on a second or third viewing.

But another thing that the show doesn't get credit for, is that there's a lot of humor in it. This is probably why Coen Brothers movies work really well. I do like The Wire, but if I watch a few episodes, I fell like I need to wash the filth off me. It's just grimy.

The gold standard for this stuff is probably Quentin Tarantino. His first three movies are genuinely funny, especially Pulp Fiction. Boogie Nights is a shameless homage to Tarantino and Scorcese, and it's the same story there; there are laugh-out-loud scenes in Boogie Nights.

Then again, I like Steven Soderbergh and Stefano Salima movies, and they're absolutely humorless, so maybe it's something else. I dunno.

LingerLonger

Forum Clout
It's so hard to get people to watch it, because it comes off as dated and cornball at first. The more that I see it, the more that I love it. There's the obvious stuff- there are a bunch of layers to the show that only reveal themselves on a second or third viewing.
Any "tough guy" scene with Vic is extremely corny. There is an all time retarded scene where he walks in alone to a gang headquarters where there are hundreds of armed gang members. And Vic has a pistol with one round. And they let him kidnap their leader without putting up a fight. They just let him threaten them like it's nothing.

The Wire did the same with Herc and Carver trying to arrest Marlo. And having to call it off because they were outnumbered. The Shield has some really lame "Vic is an alpha male" scenes that happen literally every other episode that are eye rolling. I always laugh on Sopranos when Tony gets his ass kicked or gets insulted. I never liked that Vic basically wins every fight, intimidates every gangster, and fucks every woman on the show.