• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

I just saw Bert Kreischer in an episode of The Shield

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
Catherine Dent is an ugly woman. CCH Pounder is a FINE piece of ass.

I've been binging this show and was pretty invested but I fell asleep with it playing all night and now I'm out of the loop on a bunch of shit. I think Aceveda got mouth-raped at gunpoint and I missed it.

Greygooser

Quietly now
Forum Clout
Catherine Dent is an ugly woman. CCH Pounder is a FINE piece of ass.

I've been binging this show and was pretty invested but I fell asleep with it playing all night and now I'm out of the loop on a bunch of shit. I think Aceveda got mouth-raped at gunpoint and I missed it.
Go back if you can, and stick with it. The Shield might have the best series ending of all time.

Professor Rape

49 20 4C 49 4B 45 20 52 41 50 45
Forum Clout
The Shield rules brotherman. It is nothing like the Sopranos and I wouldn't expect it to be.
I've actually seen clips of it before and they all seemed pretty cool. But that clip in OP was like something out of........ I dunno what. Breaking Bad? I could imagine a laugh track on there.

Jack_Horner

Forum Clout
Go back if you can, and stick with it. The Shield might have the best series ending of all time.

Is there any doubt? Literally, name one show where the nailed the ending SO WELL, that it makes you want to go back and rewatch the entire series from day one.

Not being hyperbolic here, it's one of the very few stories where the story changes every time you watch it.

I know that "The Usual Suspects" and "The Sixth Sense" have "twists" at the end. But those are basically gimmicks. In "The Shield", the viewers perception of who the characters actually are evolves over time, and once you get an idea of what they're really like, it makes the entire series "hit different" the 2nd time you watch it.

Probably my favorite example of this is Dutch; he's basically a lolcow for the entire series, but by the end, you realize he's actually a dude with principles who just can't function around loose cannons like Vic and the rest of the Strike Team.

And, of course, Walton Goggins just kills it in the last season.

Forum Clout
Is there any doubt? Literally, name one show where the nailed the ending SO WELL, that it makes you want to go back and rewatch the entire series from day one.

Not being hyperbolic here, it's one of the very few stories where the story changes every time you watch it.

I know that "The Usual Suspects" and "The Sixth Sense" have "twists" at the end. But those are basically gimmicks. In "The Shield", the viewers perception of who the characters actually are evolves over time, and once you get an idea of what they're really like, it makes the entire series "hit different" the 2nd time you watch it.

Probably my favorite example of this is Dutch; he's basically a lolcow for the entire series, but by the end, you realize he's actually a dude with principles who just can't function around loose cannons like Vic and the rest of the Strike Team.

And, of course, Walton Goggins just kills it in the last season.
And it was cable