• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Has This Airbnb Been Posted?

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
On what planet can you get 100 five day stays in a year?
This is still a bit, right?
There would need to be at least 600 days in a year for this to work, and there couldn't be a single non-occupied day
Yes obviously my math was…whats the word. Hypothetical I guess. Obviously 100 people couldn’t stay there for 5 nights each. But they could stay there for 2-3 nights and the math works out.

100 attendees for 3 nights = 300 days.

He’s been hosting this since November 2022 which actually means he’s had more than 365 days to fill out.

So going back to my original figures:

$163 per night for 3 nights = $489

$489 + service fee of $50 = $550

Now multiply that by 100 guests over a year and we get $55,000. Pre tax.

So ok, LESS than the (generous) $100k figure I threw out. Thats still righteous bucks for the fat man.

Uncle J’s Sink Emporium

Enjoy prison, Y’munkoke
Forum Clout
I will never take my family to an Airbnb for all of the reasons mentioned above.

Why wouldn’t you just grab a hotel room when there are chains every 10 miles instead of going into a home where people with no hospitality experience play pretend at it
You do it because you get much more space, separate bedrooms, kitchen, etc. It makes a lot of sense for a group.

G

I stayed in an AirBnB once and the owner left these leaflets bribing you to leave a positive review for a Amazon gift card worth like 5 bucks. I’m sure Fatboy is doing something similar it’s why all the reviews hit certain phrases. No doubt some user group or guide tells these types to do it to encourage reviews.
Ha, interesting theory!

PickleRickle

You are not a glowie. You are just stupid.
Forum Clout
ENOUGH! ABOUT! THE FAKE! REVIEWS! Instead of going all Sherlock Homes at the language and writing of these reviews lets just ask ourselves some basic logical questions:

-Where is Pat getting the free money to book fake customers JUST so they can leave him good reviews? The idea is more good reviews brings more customers…but all the reviews are supposedly fake. It’s putting more money into this than he would EVER get back

-If Rick were writing these fake reviews WHY would he not invent perfect customers? Theres always some problem he has with them thats too specific to be invented just for credibility

-If Rick were writing these fake reviews why would he go on to review the guests themselves? Not even considering how hard it is because they’re not real customers and so he has to invent what they did right or wrong…when no one looking at his Airbnb will look at how his former guests were reviewed, just the reviews on the place itself.

-Why leave over a HUNDRED fake reviews, meaning more money wasted, when you could just make like 10 and get that 5 star rating anyway?

-Most importantly…if these reviews are fake you then have to believe the SWATtings are somewhat real. If we think these reviews are real they lend MORE credibility to the SWATtings being faked because no one mentioned them for over a year.

Why the hell am I even entertaining this? Again, this is all based on our internal BIAS. We think Rick is so fat and unlikable and his house so shitty who would ever stay there!!! Like all his guests are brothamen…no stupids. They’re all fucking rubes who think they’re getting an authentic Wisconsin experience by staying at a “old timey home” right near a university.
relax, fetlife

G

I thought about this more

Okay let’s see what this guys got.
It’s gonna be fawkin good

and I'm leaning towards most of the reviews being fake. There's not enough holidays or local events throughout the year in Milwaukee that over hundred separate guests wanted to rent fats place. I'm also including college events since he lives by the university.

I'm willing to bet some of the actual guests were one night stays that needed a place Pronto and for whatever reason so resorted to staying at pats. But to I find it difficult to believe there were so many other happenings in Milwaukee that they were churning through multiple guests every month. And these guests were staying there without encountering a swatting. it doesn't seem far fetched to think that pat would make up his own reviews to push himself in the airbnb algorithm.

Somethings not adding up.

IMG_1197.jpeg

Forum Clout
I’ve never done the Airbnb thing because it sounds terrible even at nice properties, but do “hosts” generally offer to hang out with the guests or is Rick just a special kind of asshole?
I used to do them a decade ago and the hosts, if they lived on property, stayed away and would even tell you to let them know if they were bothering you. No one wants to hang out with the hosts.