• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Has This Airbnb Been Posted?

G

Out where I am it's not uncommon for people to buy farm houses then move them, so there's these weird amalgamations of 2 houses slapped together with shitty additions. I could see someone staying in a locked wing of one of them trying to hide from the renters.
Was thinking about this story again and cracking up while doing some chores, a few more details:

You pretty much nailed the description, it was a weird house. Along one of the sides extending to the back of the main house was this extension that my buddy thought was a locked storage room, but in reality was like a little studio apartment with its own entrance...

Evening rolls around and my buddy and his family are sitting around a fire pit, but my bud couldn't relax; he was getting that weird feeling we've all experienced that someone's watching you... It was an odd-looking house in the middle of nowhere so he chalked it up to that, but he still couldn't shake that feeling... He mentioned it to his brother and his bro's eyes widened and he said he was getting that creepy feeling too...

Later on they were inside the house and they suddenly heard someone coughing from the other side of the wall, coming from that locked room! He nearly shit his pants and then he and his bro went out and knocked on the door...

No lights were on inside but after a few minutes this old, white haired lady opened the door and immediately started apologizing, saying she had nowhere else to go and that she was the owner. My buddy was blown away, she hadn't turned on any of the lights and was clearly trying to hide the fact she was there...

She then asked them if they could be quiet inside the house and my friend, still kind of shocked, was like ma'am we rented this place out here away from civilization so we CAN make some noise, not sure what to tell you. She got upset and tried to guilt trip them before they shrugged and walked away.

Later on I was at his place when he was writing the review and he wasn't sure what to put, he ended up saying the owner was there even though they specifically rented a place all to ourselves... I guarantee that wasn't the first time she did that, and nobody wants to hang out with like Jimmy the aging hippie or Mildred the nosy grandma on their vacation.

He's had a couple other real stinker Airbnb's but in the end he at least has a few funny stories. My Airbnb experiences have been inconsistent as well, I mostly stick to hotels now.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
ENOUGH! ABOUT! THE FAKE! REVIEWS! Instead of going all Sherlock Homes at the language and writing of these reviews lets just ask ourselves some basic logical questions:

-Where is Pat getting the free money to book fake customers JUST so they can leave him good reviews? The idea is more good reviews brings more customers…but all the reviews are supposedly fake. It’s putting more money into this than he would EVER get back

-If Rick were writing these fake reviews WHY would he not invent perfect customers? Theres always some problem he has with them thats too specific to be invented just for credibility

-If Rick were writing these fake reviews why would he go on to review the guests themselves? Not even considering how hard it is because they’re not real customers and so he has to invent what they did right or wrong…when no one looking at his Airbnb will look at how his former guests were reviewed, just the reviews on the place itself.

-Why leave over a HUNDRED fake reviews, meaning more money wasted, when you could just make like 10 and get that 5 star rating anyway?

-Most importantly…if these reviews are fake you then have to believe the SWATtings are somewhat real. If we think these reviews are real they lend MORE credibility to the SWATtings being faked because no one mentioned them for over a year.

Why the hell am I even entertaining this? Again, this is all based on our internal BIAS. We think Rick is so fat and unlikable and his house so shitty who would ever stay there!!! Like all his guests are brothamen…no stupids. They’re all fucking rubes who think they’re getting an authentic Wisconsin experience by staying at a “old timey home” right near a university.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
Only if on race, but you can turn them down for lots of stuff. So obviously a rental to a Dwayne twice a year helps your turn down of Jaqwan and Shaniqua. They can boot you off the platform and the area I have mine is about to prohibit short term rentals so under 5 days is what I hear. I can rent weekly all summer privately a week at a time and get 70% of what my yearly gets if they ban Airbnb. Plus I have a lot of time equity in them if I want to sell.

Blacks ruin everything

cachorro

Forum Clout
Was thinking about this story again and cracking up while doing some chores, a few more details:

You pretty much nailed the description, it was a weird house. Along one of the sides extending to the back of the main house was this extension that my buddy thought was a locked storage room, but in reality was like a little studio apartment with its own entrance...

Evening rolls around and my buddy and his family are sitting around a fire pit, but my bud couldn't relax; he was getting that weird feeling we've all experienced that someone's watching you... It was an odd-looking house in the middle of nowhere so he chalked it up to that, but he still couldn't shake that feeling... He mentioned it to his brother and his bro's eyes widened and he said he was getting that creepy feeling too...

Later on they were inside the house and they suddenly heard someone coughing from the other side of the wall, coming from that locked room! He nearly shit his pants and then he and his bro went out and knocked on the door...

No lights were on inside but after a few minutes this old, white haired lady opened the door and immediately started apologizing, saying she had nowhere else to go and that she was the owner. My buddy was blown away, she hadn't turned on any of the lights and was clearly trying to hide the fact she was there...

She then asked them if they could be quiet inside the house and my friend, still kind of shocked, was like ma'am we rented this place out here away from civilization so we CAN make some noise, not sure what to tell you. She got upset and tried to guilt trip them before they shrugged and walked away.

Later on I was at his place when he was writing the review and he wasn't sure what to put, he ended up saying the owner was there even though they specifically rented a place all to ourselves... I guarantee that wasn't the first time she did that, and nobody wants to hang out with like Jimmy the aging hippie or Mildred the nosy grandma on their vacation.

He's had a couple other real stinker Airbnb's but in the end he at least has a few funny stories. My Airbnb experiences have been inconsistent as well, I mostly stick to hotels now.
ENOUGH! ABOUT! THE FAKE! REVIEWS! Instead of going all Sherlock Homes at the language and writing of these reviews lets just ask ourselves some basic logical questions:

-Where is Pat getting the free money to book fake customers JUST so they can leave him good reviews? The idea is more good reviews brings more customers…but all the reviews are supposedly fake. It’s putting more money into this than he would EVER get back

-If Rick were writing these fake reviews WHY would he not invent perfect customers? Theres always some problem he has with them thats too specific to be invented just for credibility

-If Rick were writing these fake reviews why would he go on to review the guests themselves? Not even considering how hard it is because they’re not real customers and so he has to invent what they did right or wrong…when no one looking at his Airbnb will look at how his former guests were reviewed, just the reviews on the place itself.

-Why leave over a HUNDRED fake reviews, meaning more money wasted, when you could just make like 10 and get that 5 star rating anyway?

-Most importantly…if these reviews are fake you then have to believe the SWATtings are somewhat real. If we think these reviews are real they lend MORE credibility to the SWATtings being faked because no one mentioned them for over a year.

Why the hell am I even entertaining this? Again, this is all based on our internal BIAS. We think Rick is so fat and unlikable and his house so shitty who would ever stay there!!! Like all his guests are brothamen…no stupids. They’re all fucking rubes who think they’re getting an authentic Wisconsin experience by staying at a “old timey home” right near a university.
The spirit of Boomia lives on.

Uncle J’s Sink Emporium

Enjoy prison, Y’munkoke
Forum Clout

You’re right, to get that many fake reviews must cost something like 10 million dollars, amirite mathster?

G

I thought about this more and I'm leaning towards most of the reviews being fake.
I don't believe any of the reviews are fake, that wouldn't be easy to accomplish. At most they had some friends or family rent it out in the beginning and leave reviews to get some initial traction.

You shouldn't put much stock in Airbnb reviews though, I can't think of a better solution but it inherently favors the homeowner for two reasons:
  1. Not sure if this has changed but as the guest, the app prompts you to leave a review for the home -- and informs you the owner will see it and review you as well. Unless someone was REALLY messed up with the property, I think the average person who rents an Airbnb on occasion would feel reluctant to leave a bad review and then risk the owner trashing you, making it harder to rent in the future.
  2. Some units require a security deposit; if you want it back, do you really want a headache of pissing off the owner?

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
You’re right, to get that many fake reviews must cost something like 10 million dollars, amirite mathster?
Jesus christ I went with the joke but my math was 100% correct.

If I book the Hovel for Jun 23-28 it comes out to $165 per night. After the service fee which is like $100 the total comes to $1000 for the entire stay.

$1000 x 100 people over the course of a year = $100,000 per year.

RickReternal

I hope people Ouija you tweets after your dead
Forum Clout
I don't believe any of the reviews are fake, that wouldn't be easy to accomplish. At most they had some friends or family rent it out in the beginning and leave reviews to get some initial traction.

You shouldn't put much stock in Airbnb reviews though, I can't think of a better solution but it inherently favors the homeowner for two reasons:
  1. Not sure if this has changed but as the guest, the app prompts you to leave a review for the home -- and informs you the owner will see it and review you as well. Unless someone was REALLY messed up with the property, I think the average person who rents an Airbnb on occasion would feel reluctant to leave a bad review and then risk the owner trashing you, making it harder to rent in the future.
  2. Some units require a security deposit; if you want it back, do you really want a headache of pissing off the owner?
The host doesn’t see the guest review until both are submitted and vice versa.

Uncle J’s Sink Emporium

Enjoy prison, Y’munkoke
Forum Clout

If I book the Hovel for Jun 23-28 it comes out to $165 per night. After the service fee which is like $100 the total comes to $1000 for the entire stay.

Holy fuck are you a mongoloid. Count how many nights this hypothetical stay is and then multiply it by 100 and see if you can figure out the problem.

swole_edging_llc

snackie ate my ass, then she doxed me
Forum Clout

This is still a bit, right?
There would need to be at least 600 days in a year for this to work, and there couldn't be a single non-occupied day

Faggot Boqposter

The Alawite Assassin
Forum Clout
Thats 5 days. You check in on the 23rd and check out on the 28. Ok so technically 4 days. Do we think they’re staying there for 2 weeks or a month?? You can only book his place out for a week max.
Good bit. At least I hope it is otherwise you have the distinction of being the only faggot who can’t get laid and the only autist who can’t do basic arithmetic