• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Bill Burr starring in Glengarry Glen Ross on Broadway

Roslyn Vampire

Forum Clout
Here’s an actor that was able to seamlessly switch over to also being a great comedian:

This guy is really good. This is like that intellectual Woody Allen style comedy so I don't really understand it but I can definitely recognize a high quality performance when I see one.
You're a civilian, did you sit at the table in the Cellar?
It was funny when the troll looking man in his bathrobe hit the pizza from the blue collar every-man's hands.

Also, they made fun of retards. No one does that.

TorpidSloth

Forum Clout
Nailed it. I saw a report that had Burr as Moss and Odenkirk as Shelley Levine. Moss is a punching bag in one of the biggest scenes. It'd be funny seeing Burr get dressed down by whoever plays the Alec Baldwin role. "My wife is a 20 year old white supermodel. What color is your wife?"
They'd have to go with the movie script, Baldwin's character isn't in the play. That would be great though, "I'm going home to 22 year old Norwegian pussy, what are you going home to? A menopausal gorilla with 2:1 gum to teeth ratio?"

Forum Clout
Big comedian yes - but he's not one of the biggest actors on the planet - he's still a D-list actor and this is stunt casting at its best - the whole point of which is to sell tickets (and they will sell).
What exactly do you think the point of literally all live performances is, besides to sell tickets?

Are we really trying to pretend Burr isn’t a star because he’s a libtard who married a black?? Lotta Nanas in here.

I can’t name many comedians bigger than him. He had a tv series on Netflix that he created, wrote, and starred in, they don’t do that for D listers. He had a movie that he wrote, directed, and starred in on Netflix, it was absolute dogshit as most of them are, but they’re not going to invest that amount of money into a D or C list performer. You may not like him but it’s just being willfully ignorant to say a guy that’s been nominated for Grammys and Emmy’s who sells out huge venues, who’s included in casting announcements like this, isn’t a star.

Forum Clout
Someone here once said that Bill "picked up Nia at a roadside zoo" and I always think about it and laugh. It's not like calling her a gorilla is particularly witty, but I think it's just the mental image of dumb Bill Burr pulling up to a roadside zoo (do those even exist anymore?) in his Prius, playing Skid Row, sheepishly trying to lure Nia out of a cage with a banana. "Do you guys even like bananas? Eh what do I know, I'm just a dumb white guy who doesn't read."

The Shah of Iran

Man's man, Gook killer, hockey dad
Forum Clout
Probably be better casting, but the fact that he's top billing suggests he's one of the main characters. He's too young to play the Machine, but greasy enough for Roma
I looked this up. You were right
Culkin will play Richard Roma, Odenkirk will play Shelly Levene and Burr will play Dave Moss.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Are we really trying to pretend Burr isn’t a star because he’s a libtard who married a black??
Have you seen anything with Burr in it other than O&A shows? Or maybe Breaking Bad? Because I haven't. He's only big because he's in stuff that is mass advertised like a Star Wars show. A Star Wars show that has little kids as fans not people who want to see a live show about stockbrokers on Broadway for $200 a ticket. And he's not the draw there....Star Wars is the draw. No one knows the actor who played Luke Skywalker outside of Star Wars because anyone could have played that part.

People might travel to NYC to see Hugh Jackman or Meryl Streep live. Not Bill Burr. Unless he's doing standup. He's doing this play because his manager probably bloated his head with the idea of getting an EGOT.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout

TorpidSloth

Forum Clout
Have you seen anything with Burr in it other than O&A shows? Or maybe Breaking Bad? Because I haven't.
We watched that Netflix Dads movie he did. While it was completely forgettable, it did make me laugh out loud a couple of times - which hasn't happened watching a comedy made after 2008 in a long time. He didn't exactly carry the movie, but he didn't shit the bed either.

IanCurtis

Forum Clout
What exactly do you think the point of literally all live performances is, besides to sell tickets?

Are we really trying to pretend Burr isn’t a star because he’s a libtard who married a black?? Lotta Nanas in here.

I can’t name many comedians bigger than him. He had a tv series on Netflix that he created, wrote, and starred in, they don’t do that for D listers. He had a movie that he wrote, directed, and starred in on Netflix, it was absolute dogshit as most of them are, but they’re not going to invest that amount of money into a D or C list performer. You may not like him but it’s just being willfully ignorant to say a guy that’s been nominated for Grammys and Emmy’s who sells out huge venues, who’s included in casting announcements like this, isn’t a star.

Sigh...

'Stunt casting' is the term used when someone gets a role not because they necessarily deserve it (due to their long career building working as an actor in their chosen medium) or are most appropriate for the role but because they have some sort of cache that will bring an audience in - e.g. casting a famous comedian in a role normally played by a theatre actor.

Sigh...

No. We aren't 'pretending' Burr' isn't a comedy 'star' because he married a black woman - you're inserting that in an entirely different conversation about how Burr is 'not an actor' and isn't considered an 'A-list' actor in any way shape or form. That's what you're doing.

You can't name any comedians bigger than him - that's great. You're proving my point. Here's some 'actors' bigger than him:
  • Brad Pitt
  • Tom Cruise
  • George (fucking) Clooney (and ex-TV actor by the way)

See how Burr is in no way on the same A list level as these guys - that's what I've been saying all along. He's a D/C-list actor FFS.

No one's being 'willfully ignorant' except you - no one said he's not a star, except you - I sad he's D/C list in the world of actors, especially on the stage and he is.

No more responses to retards, I'm done.

Have a great night all.

IanCurtis

Forum Clout
Have you seen anything with Burr in it other than O&A shows? Or maybe Breaking Bad? Because I haven't. He's only big because he's in stuff that is mass advertised like a Star Wars show. A Star Wars show that has little kids as fans not people who want to see a live show about stockbrokers on Broadway for $200 a ticket. And he's not the draw there....Star Wars is the draw. No one knows the actor who played Luke Skywalker outside of Star Wars because anyone could have played that part.

People might travel to NYC to see Hugh Jackman or Meryl Streep live. Not Bill Burr. Unless he's doing standup. He's doing this play because his manager probably bloated his head with the idea of getting an EGOT.

This is it exactly - Streep has theatrical chops too and Jackman's been doing musical theatre his entire professional life (even before making it as Wolverine). They're both legit theatre stars. Brian Dennehy - who had a career in both cinema and theatre - became a theatre legend after his movie/TV career died down - it was a whole nother level to his acting career, I'll always regret not seeing him on the stage.