• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Amy Schumer enters the Obscurity phase of her career.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Also she’s not more successful than Ellen or Whoopi Goldberg. Absolutely delusional claim
Literally you can name any female comedian around since the early 2000’s and they’re bigger than Amy. How the fuck can you be more successful than people who started in the 90’s, 70’s, even the fucking 50’s, and you career is only 10 years old?

Tina Fey did SNL and 30 Rock. Carol Burnett is a household name along with Joan Rivers. Ellen Degeneres is a global celebrity along with Whoopi. Mindy Kaling was in the fucking Office which was huge. Kathy Griffin has been around for 30 odd years.

But sure. The woman who’s peak career was the Amy Schumer show (plagued with joke theft accusations) and the worst Netflix comedy special of all time is the most famous female comic.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

i wish my rapist would call me back 😍
Forum Clout
People knew Joan Rivers was a stand up without ever having to see her do stand up. That’s when you’re big. It’s like in sports when people who don’t watch football know who Tom Brady is etc.
Who is Tom Brady?

Hell even fucking Sarah Silverman is bigger than Amy Schumer.
I almost said her but I decided that I didn’t think that. If anything Amy is still popular for being disliked in a way. It’s not like Sarah has had a movie since that stupid Christmas cartoon with Rogen flopped. Obligatory: who is funnier than Sarah Silverman except a bunch of dudes?

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

Forum Clout
Literally you can name any female comedian around since the early 2000’s and they’re bigger than Amy. How the fuck can you be more successful than people who started in the 90’s, 70’s, even the fucking 50’s, and you career is only 10 years old?

Tina Fey did SNL and 30 Rock. Carol Burnett is a household name along with Joan Rivers. Ellen Degeneres is a global celebrity along with Whoopi. Mindy Kaling was in the fucking Office which was huge. Kathy Griffin has been around for 30 odd years.

But sure. The woman who’s peak career was the Amy Schumer show (plagued with joke theft accusations) and the worst Netflix comedy special of all time is the most famous female comic.
Tina Fey isn’t a stand up and fuck Kathy Griffin.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Didn’t that fat ass Monique go after them for more money as well?
She tried but she was already on the way out for being a pain in the ass to work with and no longer popular. That was great when she stopped being a big (fat) thing. I don’t think Netflix was even in negotiations with her, she say Amy got press for and tried to piggy (tee hee) back

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
That’s where technicality comes in - Tina Fey is much more successful but not a stand up - same with Amy Pohler or even people like Betty White. Betty had a very successful career but was not a stand up, same Lucille Ball, Carol Burnett, Mary Tyler Moore, etc

Lucille Ball and Carol Burnett were genuinely funny talents, regardless of a stand up career or not.

Also, you ever seen a young Lucille Ball?

1714f57f36c69730e2a567efab70783b.jpg

Or a young Carol?

ad4f56434ac8cd8e2a16d353626c00b1.jpg

I would. All of you would. Even @Sue Lightning would, out of respect!

But I wouldn't waste my chaser to put out a fire on Schumer. Jeselnik should be ashamed for ever helping her.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

Forum Clout
Lucille Ball and Carol Burnett were genuinely funny talents, regardless of a stand up career or not.

Or a young Carol?

I wouldn't waste my chaser to put out a fire on Schumer. Jeselnik should be ashamed for ever helping her.
Jeselnik just seems like a closet case.

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
Forum Clout
Tina Fey isn’t a stand up
I find it amusing that standups think their form is some sacred thing that should always be elevated above movies, TV shows, and etc. I'm of the opinion that unless Amy specified herself as the most successful female *standup*, she's claiming media in general. Bill Murray is a more famous and successful comedian than any modern standup, and the common goal of the standup comedian is to get TV/movie work. Say standup again, stupid. Schumer stinks out loud, regardless. Rogan-tier.

G

Or a young Carol?

But I wouldn't waste my chaser to put out a fire on Schumer. Jeselnik should be ashamed for ever helping her.
Screenshot_20231101-182537_Gallery.jpg

WWAW Gene Tierney? Awful name, but what a knockout dame

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

Forum Clout
I find it amusing that standups think their form is some sacred thing that should always be elevated above movies, TV shows, and etc. I'm of the opinion that unless Amy specified herself as the most successful female *standup*, she's claiming media in general. Bill Murray is a more famous and successful comedian than any modern standup, and the common goal of the standup comedian is to get TV/movie work. Say standup again, stupid. Schumer stinks out loud, regardless. Rogan-tier.
IMG_0928.png

I just think comedian has to include stand up. I don’t consider Chris Farley a comedian but rather a comedic actor. Like Steve Martin would be both.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
To give an undeserved benefit of the doubt: she might be the most-watched comedienne with a Netflix special, and that's her metric for "successful"?
And even then they don’t fully reveal the numbers of how many people watched. It’s just “trending / top 10” I mean I saw the USA show “Suits” has become a hit on streaming years after it went off the air. That show prob only got 2-2 1/2 million viewers when it was on.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

Forum Clout
And even then they don’t fully reveal the numbers of how many people watched. It’s just “trending / top 10” I mean I saw the USA show “Suits” has become a hit on streaming years after it went off the air. That show prob only got 2-2 1/2 million viewers when it was on.
Netflix plays the same numbers game voodoo shit at Sirius (new subscribers bs) but it’s not* like they release actual numbers to the public. You just hear how great Bird Box was and how it’s trending everywhere.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout

Or a young Carol?

It drives me nuts when you’ve got current shit female comedians claiming they’re trailblazers for women in comedy like they’re ground breaking when one of the biggest shows of all time is “I Love Lucy” and you’ve had many famous comedic female talents over the years be very successful. Look at the Mary Tyler Moore show - she was from another hit show and was very funny and the show also had Phyllis Diller and Betty White. From that to hits like Maude, The Golden Girls, Roseanne, Ellen, even Brett Butler had a bit of a hit show and this was all before these current comedians were born.

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Joe's Geek Squad Technician
Forum Clout
I hate Jews and I don't know why

View attachment 162903
It's funny, I go to my dad's village and there are old people that have live up there their entire lives, lived thru actual Nazi occupation (not the Nazi kind that thinks women have vaginas) and they hate Jews like everyone's else.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
It drives me nuts when you’ve got current shit female comedians claiming they’re trailblazers for women in comedy like they’re ground breaking when one of the biggest shows of all time is “I Love Lucy” and you’ve had many famous comedic female talents over the years be very successful. Look at the Mary Tyler Moore show - she was from another hit show and was very funny and the show also had Phyllis Diller and Betty White. From that to hits like Maude, The Golden Girls, Roseanne, Ellen, even Brett Butler had a bit of a hit show and this was all before these current comedians were born.

My heart will always be taken by Mary Tyler Moore.

Dick Van Dyke was smart to make her his TV wife. She was funny, too, without a background in it. And her own show was even better.

But DVD era Mary... I don't think you'd find a more beautiful woman in the 60's than her.