WWAW Connor O'Malley?

Ashcroft

Paul
Yes I understand he's married to the fat lady on SNL.

But his content over quarantine turned me off all other comics and the industry in general. What I especially like about him is neither he nor his audience are pretentious, which they easily could be given how avant-garde his material is.

If you didn't get on board over quarantine, it'll be hard to jump in now, though. His content kinda builds on itself - someone put all his vines and tiktoks together from 2020-2022 and they actually fit together as a cohesive narrative of a man descending into madness.

New special tomorrow. Probably going to be really weird and will require 2-3 views before you start finding it funny once the confusion wears off.

1000000989.png

Ashcroft

Paul
I've never seen his stand up but I've seen a couple of his YouTube videos and he sure seems to scream a lot. He played Tim Robinson's brother in Detroiters, which was very fitting.

In most of his content, he portrays a schizophrenic obsessed with capitalism and uploading himself to the cloud. There's one where he posted up outside the entrance to Paramount Studios or something and tried pitching a movie to executives leaving in their cars about Joe Biden entering the Matrix to save the stock market, with Joe Biden starring as Vin Diesel, playing Joe Biden.
This is some of his more "accessible" content.

FingerofGod

I’m personally very mixed on him. The thing about his wife is that she was apparently one of the only SNL cast members that was ok with Shane getting fired and I find it hard to be a fan of someone who supports that, even though I don’t even like Shane anymore. I also fawking despise Joe Pera who Conner has worked with quite a bit.

Ashcroft

Paul
I’m personally very mixed on him. The thing about his wife is that she was apparently one of the only SNL cast members that was ok with Shane getting fired and I find it hard to be a fan of someone who supports that, even though I don’t even like Shane anymore. I also fawking despise Joe Pera who Conner has worked with quite a bit.

Yeah, I don't know that Connor would share her opinion, for what that's worth. Also, I'm sick of Shane, as well. He's a goofball I'd have one or twelve beers with, but I see so much of him now it's like he's an annoying roommate.

And the whole Joe Pera thing is just humor for redditors who want to celebrate their autism.

Connor on his own though, I truly believe is smart, unique, funny comedy. There's no way to discuss it without sounding pretentious, so I won't try.

FingerofGod

Yeah, I don't know that Connor would share her opinion, for what that's worth. Also, I'm sick of Shane, as well. He's a goofball I'd have one or twelve beers with, but I see so much of him now it's like he's an annoying roommate.

And the whole Joe Pera thing is just humor for redditors who want to celebrate their autism.

Connor on his own though, I truly believe is smart, unique, funny comedy. There's no way to discuss it without sounding pretentious, so I won't try.
I do think Conner is funny. His videos are pretty hit or miss for me personally though. Sometimes they’re too uncomfortable for me to actually enjoy and find funny. My favorite video of his by far is this one:

Ashcroft

Paul
I do think Conner is funny. His videos are pretty hit or miss for me personally though. Sometimes they’re too uncomfortable for me to actually enjoy and find funny. My favorite video of his by far is this one:

I agree, his obsession with the Minions movies didn't make sense to me for a long time until things finally fell into place. He's a schitzo a'la Daniel Larson who's been driven insane by pop culture, the internet, and capitalism. It's not supposed to make sense unless you as the viewer are also experiencing the same symptoms. He has a way of mocking popular upload content formats that I think goes right over a lot of people's heads.

His short film he did recently called "The Mask" was worth the $5 even if he released it for free the next day for the bit.
The part where he enthusiastically agrees to rent out the guys utility closet had me rolling.

Ashcroft

Paul
Also his physical humor is a big part of it.

Is he jacked, or fat?
Is he a humpback, or autistic?
What body shape would you say he has?
Is he wearing four layers of shirts?

Why's he always wet and sweaty no matter the context?

Are his teeth fucked up on purpose?

He's completely different in interviews when he's dolled up with glasses on. I genuinely love this retard.

“I don’t like him because his wife didn’t use the zero leverage she had to save the job of a comedian I don’t like.”

Turry Fawks

Whoooooooa buddy
I didn’t expect her to save his job. I just find it hypocritical on Conner’s part to make “edgy” content yet be married to some woke cunt who would never have given him the time of day if he was remotely right wing.
Women have dumb opinions and we can't expect their husbands to control all of them. Sometimes you just gotta let it ride.

I agree, his obsession with the Minions movies didn't make sense to me for a long time until things finally fell into place. He's a schitzo a'la Daniel Larson who's been driven insane by pop culture, the internet, and capitalism. It's not supposed to make sense unless you as the viewer are also experiencing the same symptoms. He has a way of mocking popular upload content formats that I think goes right over a lot of people's heads.

His short film he did recently called "The Mask" was worth the $5 even if he released it for free the next day for the bit.
The part where he enthusiastically agrees to rent out the guys utility closet had me rolling.

Basically this. Conner has a really unique ability of understanding the- I guess you'd call it language?- of the social internet. Of being hit with this deluge of content and of subcultures, of grifting money mindset crypto Youtubers and government pedophile conspiracy videos coming one after another on your feed. Beyond being pretty funny, I actually found his "The Mask" video to be pretty fascinating. The way he depicted a particular brand of loser desperate to be acknowledged by the internet, and the way that hunt for validation can erode their brain and expose them to various bad faith ideas. Beyond him being funny, I think he's actually doing something interesting and has a unique voice in his comedy and posting, which is more than you can say for a lot of other comedians.

He also is really good at making himself seem hideous. I love him in the "honk if you're horny" sketch from I Think You Should Leave where he keeps rubbing his body in pain because he got so horny from a bumper sticker.

He was funny 11 years ago on Vine when he yelled nonsense at rich idiots in New York in fancy cars. Now he seems like something a guy who says "Y'all" while being from Los Angeles finds funny.