Will O&A ever be inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame

Ever going to happen

• Total voters

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I’ve met two people in the last 10 years that listen to Stern. One fits #1 to a tee and the other one was my 50 or so year old boss who had been listening forever. Had Sirius in his truck and the commute lined up with the morning broadcast. Big Jay must have quoted Stern once because I recycled a Jay opinion then he asked me if I listened to Stern the other day. I almost laughed out of shock.

If it’s more than 25k average listeners then I’d be astonished and I think I’m being generous with that.
Yeah the only people I know that still listen are older women and even then it’s only like 2-3 people I know. You look at his Show social media posts on FB / insta etc and it’s majority comments from older women and they have to have someone digital media employee deleting any negative comments since they get a good amount of “who?” “Haven’t listened to him in years” “he sucks now!” “Does he only get 10 guests?” Etc.

I can’t even see any man that loved him in his day still listen because he’s not only changed his tone he’s not even close to entertaining anymore. It’s boring almost NPR type interviews and him being a miserable old grump that barely leaves the house. Lately I’ve seen clips of him gushing over guy on tik Tok that does an impression of him. Hoo-Hoo Robin! He sounds like me! He noticed I say “Right” and “in a sense” a lot! He’s a real talent! See Robin, I’m still a big deal!

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Makes sense for local sports radio but FM station is laughable. I can’t even remember the last time I listened to one. “Up next we got Welcome to the Jungle by Guns N Roses coming at you on this Friday afternoon as we enter the weekend.”
Sports talk always works, people love to listen and call in to bitcg about what the local team should do etc. but I can’t figure out who would actually listen to FM music radio in 2024. I laugh that I see FM rock stations still doing the Memorial Day or 4th of July rock countdown specials like anyone gives a shit to see if Freebird or Stairway to Heaven will be number 1 this year. How many fucking times do you have to play “Slow Ride” from Foghat?!?! Coming up Motley Crue’s Dr Feelgood, Crazy Train from Ozzy and Another Brick in the wall from Pink Floyd! Like they haven’t been played to death.

How FM rock DJs don’t blow their brains out during their air shifts is beyond me.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Sports talk always works, people love to listen and call in to bitcg about what the local team should do etc. but I can’t figure out who would actually listen to FM music radio in 2024. I laugh that I see FM rock stations still doing the Memorial Day or 4th of July rock countdown specials like anyone gives a shit to see if Freebird or Stairway to Heaven will be number 1 this year. How many fucking times do you have to play “Slow Ride” from Foghat?!?! Coming up Motley Crue’s Dr Feelgood, Crazy Train from Ozzy and Another Brick in the wall from Pink Floyd! Like they haven’t been played to death.

How FM rock DJs don’t blow their brains out during their air shifts is beyond me.
Daytona 500 weekend countdown was always my favorite. Guarantee anyone still listening to that in 2024 doesn’t have all their teeth.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Daytona 500 weekend countdown was always my favorite. Guarantee anyone still listening to that in 2024 doesn’t have all their teeth.
I know some of those FM rock stations do the A-Z weekend for Memorial Day which who gives a shit? Oh man - you mean I’m gonna hear Tom Petty’s Running Down a Dream followed by Van Halen’s Running With The Devil?! I gotta hear this!

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
“You’re not supposed to say you’re a mysterious man.” Eric’s Angels hahaha.
I liked when he would rush him off he phone - Eric would be taking forever to get a couple words out and Artie would interrupt “Ok Eric! We’ll talk to you later!”

His scripts were something else - his casting creativity was WWE wrestlers and not even the big ones. No Stone Cold, Triple H etc but ham and eggers - I wish they could have got the full dougie the puggy book out of him - a children’s book that also had an adult edition and featured Playboy playmates.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
I liked when he would rush him off he phone - Eric would be taking forever to get a couple words out and Artie would interrupt “Ok Eric! We’ll talk to you later!”

His scripts were something else - his casting creativity was WWE wrestlers and not even the big ones. No Stone Cold, Triple H etc but ham and eggers - I wish they could have got the full dougie the puggy book out of him - a children’s book that also had an adult edition and featured Playboy playmates.
Stamos was cast in Eric’s Angels. Honestly, Dougie the Puggie was really sad if they didn’t have him ham it up. The dog finds Eric true love (Diana Deguarmo). Eric also had no self awareness and her mother blocked his number because he kept calling her.

IDidThisForYou

Posting in the bakowza
I still laugh at Artie fucking with Eric The Midget - that was probably the last time I was able to laugh hard at the Stern show. Artie reading Eric’s script was great - “Wow. It already sucks.”

Eric: I’ve started up Eric’s Modeling and Talent Agency.

Artie: ‘K Bye

I’m pretty sure at this point Sirius is counting even promotions as subscriptions. I ordered Pizza Hut online a month or two ago and was immediately offered 3 free months. I wouldn’t be surprised if they counted each offer as a subscription cause in their mind, who would pass that up?

But back on original topic, I believe Pat St. John worked with the bbbboys back at WNEW. I think he later worked at Sirius; even Opie said he was good to them back in the day.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Hoohoo created shock jockery, a dead radio concept, today he shills Deep State agendas like all of mainstream media. Inconsequential.
Shock jocks have been around since the 50s. Dave Rabbit's tapes were shared with people since Vietnam (they were even played on O&A). Most of Stern's early shock jock bits had been done by other people before. Like Imus or Soupy Sales. And Stern wasn't even the most "outrageous" figure on CBS as the Greaseman would get suspended and fired for his repeated racist comments (which were hilarious).

Shock jock stuff also was big on television at one point. As you had groups like Jackass/CKY becoming mainstream (something Howard took credit for, once saying that he 'invented Jackass'). Things like Florentine's Terrorizing Telemarketers or Crank Yankers as well which usually featured real prank calls which was an extreme rarity.
O&A created the blueprint for podcasting and the talk format we regard as standard today. Their contributions to comedy are definitely without comparison. All these faggot comedians aside, just their catalogue alone is some of the finest comedy ever created, finally the board culture that sprang out of it.
Howard Ben-Dovid Stern is responsible for non of it.
The Stern that got into the radio Hall of Fame is the censored and watered down establishment version. It's one of the reasons that he forbids Sirius from running tapes of his old shows. No tapes where 'nigger' is said. No Gilbert. Artie may as well have never existed on the show. The new Stern is possible because his old shows are no longer circulated. His old pals on the show like Jackie, Artie, John, KC, and so on are gone. And no more controversial guests or comics will do the show.

O&A are never going to rewrite their history and play make-believe like Howard to become more accepted. Guys like Rogan and Stern will sell out to anyone and self censor to become more accepted. Autistic maniacs like Opie will never admit defeat. And alcoholic social media addicted ghouls like Anthony are incapable of being normal in public. Norton.....I'm not even going to bother.
I still laugh at Artie fucking with Eric The Midget - that was probably the last time I was able to laugh hard at the Stern show. Artie reading Eric’s script was great - “Wow. It already sucks.”
Eric the Midget was the 'last hurrah' for the Stern Show. His appearances are legendary. Probably the best Stern Wack Packer.
I’m pretty sure at this point Sirius is counting even promotions as subscriptions.
They do. Same with streaming services. Promotional offers are counted as active subs.

Zeroman

Potential R* Screenshotter
Autistic maniacs like Opie will never admit defeat. And alcoholic social media addicted ghouls like Anthony are incapable of being normal in public. Norton.....I'm not even going to bother.
They probably won’t induct someone who stomped on a homeless man’s cake, someone who is openly racist and once answered a fart on-air, and someone who raped a drunk teenager in an adjacent office.