• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Why did every single show have what felt like a 15 minute intro song?

BenDovid

Forum Clout
Because it did. Every show started with Ecstasy of Gold (which they admittedly stole from Metallica live shows) which clocks in at 3:20. Then you'd have the changing produced intro at around 1:30 to 2:00 before "Street Fighting Man" kicked in, and could potentially run another minute before anybody said anything. This was 100% by design for a couple of reasons. One being fill time. You know how all the Friday the 13th movies start by showing you 10 mins of the last one so they can fill the runtime? Same thing here. Every single day you know that you don't have to actually start until 6:06. Might not seem like much but over time that's hours. Also, just incase Ant or Jim we're running late, they could slip in during the intro and it seems like it's just another normal show. Meanwhile, a hungover Anthony came in at 5:58 and Jim rolled in at 6:04.

This is also why we would pad breaks with production. Going to break? Play a 2 min bit first. More radio nobody has to do. Fuck you, you'll listen to it. Coming back from break? Play some more. Fuck you, you'll listen. This is literally why I hated Jocktober. Laziest fucking radio there ever was. Let's listen to long clips of other people's shows on our show for an entire month. I found it to be incredibly low-effort radio.

G

Because it did. Every show started with Ecstasy of Gold (which they admittedly stole from Metallica live shows) which clocks in at 3:20. Then you'd have the changing produced intro at around 1:30 to 2:00 before "Street Fighting Man" kicked in, and could potentially run another minute before anybody said anything. This was 100% by design for a couple of reasons. One being fill time. You know how all the Friday the 13th movies start by showing you 10 mins of the last one so they can fill the runtime? Same thing here. Every single day you know that you don't have to actually start until 6:06. Might not seem like much but over time that's hours. Also, just incase Ant or Jim we're running late, they could slip in during the intro and it seems like it's just another normal show. Meanwhile, a hungover Anthony came in at 5:58 and Jim rolled in at 6:04.

This is also why we would pad breaks with production. Going to break? Play a 2 min bit first. More radio nobody has to do. Fuck you, you'll listen to it. Coming back from break? Play some more. Fuck you, you'll listen. This is literally why I hated Jocktober. Laziest fucking radio there ever was. Let's listen to long clips of other people's shows on our show for an entire month. I found it to be incredibly low-effort radio.
You’re okay for a Jew I guess

Forum Clout

You hated jocktober because it was Sam's golden bit

Zeroman

Potential R* Screenshotter
Forum Clout

Ol’ Danny “LESS ROCK, MORE TALK” Ross

DominusOdium

30 Pack of Natty Ice
Forum Clout
You’re okay for a Jew I guess
80wq6i.gif

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
I respectfully disagree, faggot. Jocktober the idea is low effort because theres no prep other than Sam cutting up clips. But the content itself made up for how low effort the production was. Not all Jocktobers were good and theres some that are boring. If I listened live I would have turned those ones off. But Jocktober had some legendary shows from any of the Terry Clifford beatings, to Jim Chandler, Jocktober turning on Sam, the Fuchitive, Scott and Todd, John and Jeff, etc.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
Not all Jocktobers were good and theres some that are boring. If I listened live I would have turned those ones off.

Hello. Danny Ross here, former Senior Producer of O&A. My job was to see that your DIDN'T turn us off. What can you do when your talent doesn't listen and decides they're going to do literally the same bit, every day, for a month. Sure a few had their moments, but you can't just boil O&A shit down to the best of compilation you watched on YouTube. But I already know that's what you do.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
You hated jocktober because it was Sam's golden bit
I hated it because it was lazy. It was "Sam's bit" the same way the after-show was "Sam's". Nobody else wanted it. I could have sat there and cut up garbage for Jocktober, I didn't want to. In the same way I didn't want to cut up reality housewife shows. I didn't want that to be my contributions. Management wants staff to host an aftershow? Lmao, that's got Sam written all over it. I'mma be half-way to Snoozeville while this idiot is still yapping about Bobo and DJ Whothefuckcares.

The Talking Dead

My network, heart and book all failed. Hooly shit!
Forum Clout
I hated it because it was lazy. It was "Sam's bit" the same way the after-show was "Sam's". Nobody else wanted it. I could have sat there and cut up garbage for Jocktober, I didn't want to. In the same way I didn't want to cut up reality housewife shows. I didn't want that to be my contributions. Management wants staff to host an aftershow? Lmao, that's got Sam written all over it. I'mma be half-way to Snoozeville while this idiot is still yapping about Bobo and DJ Whothefuckcares.

The thing I admire most about Dovid is how he's moved on with his life and isn't still living in the past.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
They were doing 4 hour shows back then. A couple minute intro was not a huge percentage of that.

And long introductions were much more standard back in those days. And not just in radio.
Stern would have long intros and bits that would play before he got on the air or got back on the air as well. Sometimes the intros would run for twenty minutes if someone was late or they were working on something behind the scenes. You had to pad the show out for as long as possible to make that four or five hour mark. Sometimes you get a packed show with bits, guests, interviews, comics. Other times you get almost nothing and no guest and need to really stretch every segment as much as possible.

Both Stern and O&A would end having 'after shows' or 'wrap up shows' in order to consistently hit the last hour of the show as well.