• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Who would make the best 3rd mic other than Jim?

Third Mic

• OA & Patrice

Votes: 31 39.7%
  • OA & Blobby

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • OA & Vos

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • OA & Burr

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • OA & Florentine

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters

RoTheHo69

if you ban me, you are gay.
Forum Clout
A Beta-M radioisotope thermoelectric generator with all protective housing removed or otherwise disabled.

Jizz

Forum Clout
I think Sherrod would've made a great third mic. AntH wouldn't be so racist if a black was sitting next to him. Sherrod loves racial jokes if they're funny and Sherrod is great at talking trash about dumb things white people do. He also isn't a mic hog like patrice was.

gettyimages-150423129-594x594.jpg

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
Realistically, it's probably one of the more "reserved" comics like Florentine or Sherrod. The regulars all had something that would end up fucking up the show dynamic. Vos and Bobby were punching bags, Patrice too domineering and averse to corporate commitment, Otto generally too timid on the air, Burr would butt heads with AntH over race.

I know Colin's not a choice but he'd likely be the most balanced option in being both able to banter, comment and have his own personality while being able to play the third mic role effectively.

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
Norton could go a while without talking much. Just adding a line there and then. I don't know many other comics who could do that. They like being the focus of attention. It kinda comes with the job.

RoTheHo69

Forum Clout
He was alright in that one show with Vos and Colin where Vos talks about buying clams on a half shell at the fair. Then he did Opie Radio and ruined any goodwill he had.
Excuse me for pretending I'm not just a civilian (I'm wearing a nice shirt right now stupid). In my mind there's the last of an old guard in any of the pre-2010 talk radio/tough crowd adjacent comics that were brought up in a scene where they actually had to be funny. (Anyone from Colin, Norm, Artie to Patrice or Gottfried, etc.). The last generation of a then dying and now completely dead and irrelevant form of expression which today could realistically be considered as insignificant as vaudeville, analog radio or movie theaters.
Sherrod falls on the wrong side of that division as far as I see it.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
Excuse me for pretending I'm not just a civilian (I'm wearing a nice shirt right now stupid). In my mind there's the last of an old guard in any of the pre-2010 talk radio/tough crowd adjacent comics that were brought up in a scene where they actually had to be funny. (Anyone from Colin, Norm, Artie to Patrice or Gottfried, etc.). The last generation of a then dying and now completely dead and irrelevant form of expression which today could realistically be considered as insignificant as vaudeville, analog radio or movie theaters.
Sherrod falls on the wrong side of that division as far as I see it.
Well when you put it like that.

HeyItsVos

Forum Clout
This is my problem with Vos being the third mic. He’s my favorite guest but they would beat up on him too much, Patrice talks too much to be third mic, Bobby would get beat up too much too, and Burr & Fagthony would argue too much. Florentine wins by default.
Agree completely.

I’ll also add that Patrice would end up butting heads with management and his cohosts. Ant wouldn’t have the balls to confront him directly, but you know he’d be seething. And Opie would end up getting into it with Patrice when Patrice does his usual “I don’t care” attitude towards his job. It would implode.

Patrice also doesn’t like being the butt of jokes or looking stupid. Go back and listen to when Opie and Anthony are fucking with him about how he would negotiate a show on satellite. They make him look stupid because he doesn’t know what you ask for compensation and amount of shows he’s supposed to do. Patrice kind of shuts down and it’s clear he’s uncomfortable being laughed at. And that’s just a light ribbing. Nobody would expect Patrice to negotiate his own contracts.

Wild

I love media!
Forum Clout
Vos would be a funny 3rd mic, but I could easily see Opie becoming fed up with him, because he was prone to needling him sporadically. Bobby is the only real choice, because while he isn't a total placating worm like Jim, he has the ability to let things flow without major interruptions like Norton.

Ladynyahh

The Hasidic Homeboy
Forum Clout
I think Sherrod would've made a great third mic. AntH wouldn't be so racist if a black was sitting next to him. Sherrod loves racial jokes if they're funny and Sherrod is great at talking trash about dumb things white people do. He also isn't a mic hog like patrice was.

View attachment 131200
I was going to try to respond to this and say what an awful idea. Then I saw it was my nigga Jizz posting so I decided to give him a pass

Forum Clout
Vos would be a funny 3rd mic, but I could easily see Opie becoming fed up with him, because he was prone to needling him sporadically. Bobby is the only real choice, because while he isn't a total placating worm like Jim, he has the ability to let things flow without major interruptions like Norton.
Vos was also the only one willing to bust Opie’s balls, which I can’t imagine would fly especially if he were Opie’s sidekick.

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
O&A didn't need a third mic. I was always in favor of the stations dumping Norton, or reducing him to a weekly guest. I wasn't listening to the show to hear about his juicy BBC penis obsessions and other various perversions. I was trying to listen to Opie & Anthony and this faggot got in the way.

With O&A you only made for good radio if you were willing to always sink lower than them, and throw more fuel to the fire.

Bobby was just enough like Norton that it would have worked, and without Norton's irritating quirks... Bobby's stupid quirks aren't malicious. He's like an abused dog that just wants approval. He still has dumb molestation stories, bald pixar animation appearance, violent fantasies, etc. The only thing Norton has on Bobby is he's got no limits. He was willing to roll with anything. At times Bobby was speechless or jokingly offended (like Benoit) and then he doesn't know what to contribute. Bobby would have softened the show's tone a tad.

Part of the reason why Norton did fit into his role was also that he was just as uninformed and retarded as O&A. He was constantly out of the loop and asking stupid ass questions which was amusing to hear them kick around things that most people my age think of with reverence. O&A misunderstand and try to fathom basic pop culture trends was like live action Beavis & Butthead, but you can't write the shit they would come up with.

The truth is Patrice was a hit or miss listen when you were a live listener at the time. I would generally skip the live show and wait for the replay to see if it was a Patrice episode worth skipping around or not. Revisionist history says everyone loved Patrice. I can listen to Patrice rant for hours, but only because its by choice. Sometimes you just don't need to listen to Patrice Oneal at 7 in the morning. You want a normal O&A show and it's bad enough Norton was usually there to shit things up.

Kevin Hart also would have been better than Patrice, Norton, or Bobby. I'm surprised Kevin Hart hasn't used Bob Kelly in some fashion, they could have one of those Obama/Biden BFF reddit memes going together. But why do that when Kevin is trying to date upwards with The Rock.

Bill Burr added an interesting dynamic to O&A moreso than the others, and more similar to what Louis CK would often bring out of them. You could tell by the way Burr and Louis interacted with O&A that they were smart businessmen who were going to go farther than the others... Yes they were participating in the show, but even during their appearances it felt like they were constantly commenting on and analyzing the concept of what O&A did, rather than just stupidly following them, like a Lewis Black. Patrice would just blather for hours about his movie observations. Louis and Burr would let the show happen and then talk about why it was brilliant. Burr still goes on Rogan to talk about O&A despite everything else.

Brian Regan would have been better than Bill Burr. Regan would floor the entire studio at WNEW just by acting like a retard without cursing or saying anything even remotely offensive to anyone. That would have probably been the best case scenario for O&A... Regan still never ended up being a huge mainstream star even though he was hilarious and had it all. O&A would have been a good boost for him, but I don't know where he lived at the time. Probably didn't want to move his wife and kids around.

Jay Mohr was like the white Patrice. He always tends to crash the show and just go on about himself, which is fine because it means they have material. But after a few minutes it becomes clear "This is a Jay Mohr episode" and sometimes you just don't feel like listening to his shit either for 3 hours.

I never really tuned into Florentine episodes because my girlfriend at the time despised Florentine and all the hosts from the VH1 Metal Show that he was on, so I would just turn it off to avoid her sperg rage which was hilarious to witness but not while driving. But whenever I hear Florentine on O&A it's some episode where you find out he's there in the middle of the segment when he has some random comment or someone asks him something. Which is ideal for a third mic, but he never really delivers. Otto & George were great in their first few appearances until Otto started just being a panelist who never said anything.

I don't think Vos had the energy in later years to be third mic. He was like a tired old boxer who started losing fights late in his career. Vos basically raised O&A to be successful in New York. He beat the hack out of them, and then started bringing guys like Patrice who would carry on that roasting shit that everyone loved.

At the end of the day, the only true answer is the impossible answer that never could happen ... Colin Quinn. He personified all the positive qualities of everyone I just described, with almost none of the negatives. Colin would always roll with the show, when necessary he wouldn't say a peep, and whenever he did say something it was usually a death blow to someone, even to the show itself at times. Norton stole from CQ the most out of anyone, so it would follow that CQ would have been the most beneficial for the role. The sad fact is that he was too lazy and non-commital to even do a low effort phone podcast with his 280 lb friend, or a radio show with Nick Dipalo, or a movie with Mike Meyers, etc.

I wonder how Artie Lange in his prime would have complemented O&A... Norton became the official third mic around the same time Artie became Stern's third mic. If those roles were reversed, Norton would have lasted a few months before Stern got sick of him being lazy and not paying attention. Norton wouldn't like being treated like a Wack Packer but he probably would have done it for the road money.

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Joe's Geek Squad Technician
Forum Clout
patrice was the funniest person on the show, but he had a tendency to overpower it; having him as a recurring guest suited him perfectly. I cast my vote for burr solely because I think he would understand his role as third mic the best
There were times during the show where I thought Patrice was too much . He just steamed rolled over to make a different point. I don't think he would make a great third mic. He was a fantastic guest though

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Joe's Geek Squad Technician
Forum Clout
O&A didn't need a third mic. I was always in favor of the stations dumping Norton, or reducing him to a weekly guest. I wasn't listening to the show to hear about his juicy BBC penis obsessions and other various perversions. I was trying to listen to Opie & Anthony and this faggot got in the way.

With O&A you only made for good radio if you were willing to always sink lower than them, and throw more fuel to the fire.

Bobby was just enough like Norton that it would have worked, and without Norton's irritating quirks... Bobby's stupid quirks aren't malicious. He's like an abused dog that just wants approval. He still has dumb molestation stories, bald pixar animation appearance, violent fantasies, etc. The only thing Norton has on Bobby is he's got no limits. He was willing to roll with anything. At times Bobby was speechless or jokingly offended (like Benoit) and then he doesn't know what to contribute. Bobby would have softened the show's tone a tad.

Part of the reason why Norton did fit into his role was also that he was just as uninformed and retarded as O&A. He was constantly out of the loop and asking stupid ass questions which was amusing to hear them kick around things that most people my age think of with reverence. O&A misunderstand and try to fathom basic pop culture trends was like live action Beavis & Butthead, but you can't write the shit they would come up with.

The truth is Patrice was a hit or miss listen when you were a live listener at the time. I would generally skip the live show and wait for the replay to see if it was a Patrice episode worth skipping around or not. Revisionist history says everyone loved Patrice. I can listen to Patrice rant for hours, but only because its by choice. Sometimes you just don't need to listen to Patrice Oneal at 7 in the morning. You want a normal O&A show and it's bad enough Norton was usually there to shit things up.

Kevin Hart also would have been better than Patrice, Norton, or Bobby. I'm surprised Kevin Hart hasn't used Bob Kelly in some fashion, they could have one of those Obama/Biden BFF reddit memes going together. But why do that when Kevin is trying to date upwards with The Rock.

Bill Burr added an interesting dynamic to O&A moreso than the others, and more similar to what Louis CK would often bring out of them. You could tell by the way Burr and Louis interacted with O&A that they were smart businessmen who were going to go farther than the others... Yes they were participating in the show, but even during their appearances it felt like they were constantly commenting on and analyzing the concept of what O&A did, rather than just stupidly following them, like a Lewis Black. Patrice would just blather for hours about his movie observations. Louis and Burr would let the show happen and then talk about why it was brilliant. Burr still goes on Rogan to talk about O&A despite everything else.

Brian Regan would have been better than Bill Burr. Regan would floor the entire studio at WNEW just by acting like a retard without cursing or saying anything even remotely offensive to anyone. That would have probably been the best case scenario for O&A... Regan still never ended up being a huge mainstream star even though he was hilarious and had it all. O&A would have been a good boost for him, but I don't know where he lived at the time. Probably didn't want to move his wife and kids around.

Jay Mohr was like the white Patrice. He always tends to crash the show and just go on about himself, which is fine because it means they have material. But after a few minutes it becomes clear "This is a Jay Mohr episode" and sometimes you just don't feel like listening to his shit either for 3 hours.

I never really tuned into Florentine episodes because my girlfriend at the time despised Florentine and all the hosts from the VH1 Metal Show that he was on, so I would just turn it off to avoid her sperg rage which was hilarious to witness but not while driving. But whenever I hear Florentine on O&A it's some episode where you find out he's there in the middle of the segment when he has some random comment or someone asks him something. Which is ideal for a third mic, but he never really delivers. Otto & George were great in their first few appearances until Otto started just being a panelist who never said anything.

I don't think Vos had the energy in later years to be third mic. He was like a tired old boxer who started losing fights late in his career. Vos basically raised O&A to be successful in New York. He beat the hack out of them, and then started bringing guys like Patrice who would carry on that roasting shit that everyone loved.

At the end of the day, the only true answer is the impossible answer that never could happen ... Colin Quinn. He personified all the positive qualities of everyone I just described, with almost none of the negatives. Colin would always roll with the show, when necessary he wouldn't say a peep, and whenever he did say something it was usually a death blow to someone, even to the show itself at times. Norton stole from CQ the most out of anyone, so it would follow that CQ would have been the most beneficial for the role. The sad fact is that he was too lazy and non-commital to even do a low effort phone podcast with his 280 lb friend, or a radio show with Nick Dipalo, or a movie with Mike Meyers, etc.

I wonder how Artie Lange in his prime would have complemented O&A... Norton became the official third mic around the same time Artie became Stern's third mic. If those roles were reversed, Norton would have lasted a few months before Stern got sick of him being lazy and not paying attention. Norton wouldn't like being treated like a Wack Packer but he probably would have done it for the road money.
Colin would have been great and kept Ant in check. Brian Regan is one of my favorite guests ever and has done pretty well for himself, I think he's got a residency in Vegas so he's raking in the cash
I'm gonna offer one more guy and this is going way back but Mario Cantone might have worked too, of course this was before all the woke shit so it may not have worked now

G

View attachment 131200
Ironically (considering) this is a shot from one of the best shows imo. Nopie, Nana and Jim and those 3 creeps. It was a spinning wheel of death for 3 hours.

RoTheHo69

Forum Clout
Colin would have been great and kept Ant in check. Brian Regan is one of my favorite guests ever and has done pretty well for himself, I think he's got a residency in Vegas so he's raking in the cash
I'm gonna offer one more guy and this is going way back but Mario Cantone might have worked too, of course this was before all the woke shit so it may not have worked now
mario cantone? that fuckin faggot? What the fuck? sherrod? mario cantone? who the fuck are you people?