"They were voted the MOST HATED sub on reddit"

Easily_Remembered

It's not REALLY Ray Wilson
Did pig ever actually post on the sub? I don't remember that. I remember him arguing on other places with us on reddit, most notably the r/autism thread but I don't recall him actually engaging on the sub itself.
He would come there to "no, child" us. He was like Danny Ross is here - he wouldn't make his own independent posts, but he would look for any posts pertaining to him and then run in to correct the record.

Ashcroft

The Untrollable Paul R. Nelsonn - Seethe.
I remember it. Wasnt it just an article or something? I dont think it was a poll ran on the front page of reddit or anything

Some professor created an algorithm based on appearances of toxic words like faggot and nigger. It had nothing to with "most hated." And we didn't win, we were 2nd or 3rd.

DominusOdium

Self Styled Brothaman
The sub and this forum are infinitely more famous and noteworthy in internet culture than Fat could ever hope to be. There are MANY articles, podcasts, videos, references, memes, etc. That are related to the good boys and girls around these parts.

He had to hire a publicist and do a media tour as "The most swatted 500lb man in America" to even get half that and he still ends up, for most people and their attention spans as "That fat guy from the news story I saw about fans of Norm Macdonald swatting people for saying he wasn't funny. I think he was an author?" if they remember him at all by the time the next story popped up.

And any attention he's gotten is directly related to this place and his claims about it. He never got anywhere except a failed writing career and MC at some open mics without us.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
The sub and this forum are infinitely more famous and noteworthy in internet culture than Fat could ever hope to be. There are MANY articles, podcasts, videos, references, memes, etc. That are related to the good boys and girls around these parts.

He had to hire a publicist and do a media tour as "The most swatted 500lb man in America" to even get half that and he still ends up, for most people and their attention spans as "That fat guy from the news story I saw about fans of Norm Macdonald swatting people for saying he wasn't funny. I think he was an author?" if they remember him at all by the time the next story popped up.

And any attention he's gotten is directly related to this place and his claims about it. He never got anywhere except a failed writing career and MC at some open mics without us.
My favorite is when someone reads the line about the Norm tweet and immediately talks about how funny he was.

r/milliondollarextreme was far, far worse and IMO contributed to the sub getting shut down. That got banned first and its users decided to invade sweet, innocent r/opieandanthony as some kind of safe harbor to post about how much they hate Jews. Some of them are still here.
Their edgelord members were the fucking worst and when they migrated to r/opieandanthony they caused that "SpaceEdge" faggot to lock down the sub before it was finally nuked while it was locked down.

Stent

my little babies are gone

Lotta lost brothermen out there in the wild. This is from two months ago. We're still hilarious!

Bet I know what word this was:
nipper.jpg

ONA PARTY ROCK!

Crith Boqth

Multifacted, Beautiful, and Quaint
Why doesn't anyone tell them about this place? I would but I'm permabanned.
Thinking about it again, it would be nice to have some newfags we can make fun of and hurt their feelings because they don't get da bit

These guys are almost all boomer truckers, especially this guy:

1718119269985.png

Although I don't know about that username Antipater . . .

...because in my opinion Anthony, Jo, Patrick and everyone else they were so concerned with shutting down the Opie and Anthony subreddit that they didn't really pause to consider the consequences of doing so. Because whenever people were on reddit, there was always that looming threat of being banned or of having the subreddit shut down. But now that people are off of Reddit, they're on their own site . They can do just about whatever they want as long as it's within legal reason . By getting the Opie and Anthony community kicked off reddit, effectively all that people like Joe, Pat, whoever have accomplished is to concentrate the most obsessed diehard , hate fuel people into one place where they don't have to obey the rules of Reddit . They can do whatever they want . They can say whatever they want and they can plan whatever they want.

22:30

How prophetic

The sub was the canary in the coal mine for what Reddit would become, which is an echo chamber that cannibalizes its own user base for ideological reasons to appease unemployed trannies and bots.

Getting exiled from there to a 2004-style forum single handedly pushed the pests into another golden era. I’d argue the whole internet would probably be better off if it regressed back to 2004
Still I miss it 😭😥😓 the moderators really thought who the fuck they were

I don't think I have the poll post archived but I re-found this cutie:

Ban Evasion

This quarter, we dealt with a highly coordinated ban evasion ring from users of /r/opieandanthony. This began after we banned the subreddit for targeted harassment of users, as well as repeated copyright infringement. The group would quickly pop up on both new and abandoned subreddits to continue the abuse. We also learned that they were coordinating on another platform and through dedicated websites to redirect users to the latest target of their harassment.

This situation was different from your run-of-the-mill shitheadery ban evasion because the group was both creating new subreddits and resurrecting inactive or unmoderated subreddits. We quickly adjusted our efforts to this behavior. We also reported their offending account to the other platform and they were quick to ban the account. We then contacted the hosts of the independent websites to report the abuse. This helped ensure that the sites are no longer able to redirect automatically to Reddit for abuse purposes. Ultimately, we banned 78 subreddits (5 of which existed prior to the attack), and suspended 2,382 accounts. The ban evading activity has largely ceased (you know...until they read this).

They were pissed they actually had to do a full shift of actual work 🚬😎 id imagine Reddits a pretty "laid back" job like most government subsidized tech company's
:colin_lg: