• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

The Opester should spin records on a Long Island classic rock station

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Forum Clout
Unironically.

Maybe just start with weekends, since he doesn't need da money, have a little hangggg. Start buildin' it up and see what happens. Imagine middle aged dudes driving out to the beach this summer flippin' through the stations and they hear the Opester's voice introducing a lil' George Thorogood. Bring back some O&A nostalgia, while not trying to do the O&A gimmick at all. Just a fawkin' hangggg

I think it could actually be popular in the couple markets O&A were really big (NYC, Philly, Boston). Don from the Don & Mike show does mornings on the big classic rock station in DC now, for example

Voscabulary

the lord chief constable knows I'm owen
Forum Clout
I've thought this as well, but I don't think his own ego would allow it. even though I think a retired gregg hughes playing tunes with some light banter in between would be quite respectable, he views spinning discs as beneath him. he could easily get the gig if he wanted though, unlike his has-been cohost, whom did a bang up job successfully blacklisting himself from every avenue of show business

Last edited:

Mick_Mickerson

Forum Clout
I've thought this as well, but I don't think his own ego would allow it. even though I think a retired gregg hughes playing tunes with some light banter in between would be quite respectable, he views spinning discs as beneath him. he could easily get the gig if he wanted though, unlike his has-been cohost, whom did a bang up job successfully blacklisting himself from every avenue of show business
I agree 100% with all.

I think he would like getting back out there but AntH and the ballwashers would have a field day. Funny, because I have zero doubt Don doing his morning show on the classic rock station in DC, for example, gets way more monthly listeners than AntH. I'm talking out of my ass but it has to be true.

I could see a hilarious timeline where classic rock Opie gets into a radio war with Cumpound media and ends up skipping playing Foreigner in order to respond to the fawkin' haters. I could see him talking about proprietary listener numbers and ad rates and comparing it to Cumpound and then getting fired lol .... dustin' off the old DESTROYER persona

Wouldn't matter because he doesn't need the gig

Voscabulary

the lord chief constable knows I'm owen
Forum Clout
I agree 100% with all.

I think he would like getting back out there but AntH and the ballwashers would have a field day. Funny, because I have zero doubt Don doing his morning show on the classic rock station in DC, for example, gets way more monthly listeners than AntH. I'm talking out of my ass but it has to be true.

I could see a hilarious timeline where classic rock Opie gets into a radio war with Cumpound media and ends up skipping playing Foreigner in order to respond to the fawkin' haters. I could see him talking about proprietary listener numbers and ad rates and comparing it to Cumpound and then getting fired lol .... dustin' off the old DESTROYER persona

Wouldn't matter because he doesn't need the gig
they would absolutely spin it as opie pathetically attempting to climb his way back into relevancy instead of him sliding into a job he's mastered, but as a hobby. that's why I think him using his real name instead of 'opie' would be wise if he ever decided to pursue it

people can say what they want about opie, but he's at least self-aware of the fact that his best years are behind him. anthony's still desperately grasping at straws to remain relevant

Last edited:

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

i wish my rapist would call me back 😍
Forum Clout
they would absolutely spin it as opie pathetically attempting to climb his way back into relevancy instead of him sliding into a job he's mastered just as a hobby. that's why I think him using his real name instead of 'opie' would be wise if he ever decided to pursue it

people can say what they want about opie, but he's at least self-aware of the fact that his best years are behind him. anthony's still desperately grasping at straws to remain relevant
Gregg Hughes on the ones and twos.

ElectricLightKazooII

I love that garlic buttah saw...
Forum Clout
The radio landscape has changed drastically since the last time Ope spun records. He was right on one of his streams where he said they pay so fucking little. A lot of the "live" DJs are voice-tracked in advance now too except for the drivetime slots. A DJ can come in and voice-track a couple of weeks worth of shit in a few hours and head out.

WhereWeAt

Forum Clout
The radio landscape has changed drastically since the last time Ope spun records. He was right on one of his streams where he said they pay so fucking little. A lot of the "live" DJs are voice-tracked in advance now too except for the drivetime slots. A DJ can come in and voice-track a couple of weeks worth of shit in a few hours and head out.

It no doubt pays shit. But to be a millionaire and work a few hours a week spinning records and hosting a hang seems like the dream to me. What does he care about the difference between $20k, $50k or $100k/year?

FingerofGod

Forum Clout
wonder what the opester will do for Anthony’s impending death. Jim will just say it’s a tough one man and that’s about it.
“My former cohost is dead. Fawwwk. Never got to patch things up with him *sniff*. Well, I guess the human garbage finally got taken out *burp*. Moving on, today I’m talking to Squash and Celery.”

ME: just found out squash is a FAWKING fruit which ruined my whole bit. Punchin out…

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
The sad truth is that Opie doing livestreams on a beach is more respectable and pulls him more money than any of those jobs. On top of Opies ego, he’s too autistic and hasn’t done the job in 20 years. Who would want to listen to a 60 year old man sniffling and introducing Pearl Jam tracks? The only person who was accepting to do a shitty local show was Anthony and his “i’m getting a gig in SC!” bullshit lie. Like others pointed out, if Anthony took the job that’s his rise again. If Opie took the job he’s pathetic and has nothing else.

Mick_Mickerson

Forum Clout
Obviously he's not going to be making SHOCK JOCK money, but he would get listeners and host a fawkin' hanggg and have some relevance

Again, Don from Don and Mike spins records now in DC and undoubtedly has more listeners than Opie or Anthony combined at the moment

It's just a fawkin' hang, dude

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Opies beach show shit is the best out of the three. It’s a “deinvention” if anything. Jim is walking around in a haze doing the same shit he did 10 years ago with an intern, praying by October he doesn’t get shit canned. Cumia is trapped into doing a 4 days a week political show where he’s drunk, gets shitty guests, and is trying to reinvent himself. Opie is the only person who “gave up” he streams when he wents, for however long he wants, with no set up topics or questions. He just bullshits and often this has to do with old O&A topics. I get Opie is biased but i’d much rather listen to him reminisce on O&A than Anthony, who would give the worst most skewed takes ever, or Jim, who doesn’t even remember O&A moments because he was too obsessed with cock and other celebrities.

Mick_Mickerson

Forum Clout
The sad truth is that Opie doing livestreams on a beach is more respectable and pulls him more money than any of those jobs. On top of Opies ego, he’s too autistic and hasn’t done the job in 20 years. Who would want to listen to a 60 year old man sniffling and introducing Pearl Jam tracks? The only person who was accepting to do a shitty local show was Anthony and his “i’m getting a gig in SC!” bullshit lie. Like others pointed out, if Anthony took the job that’s his rise again. If Opie took the job he’s pathetic and has nothing else.
Don from Don & Mike hosts a morning show in DC (we heard you).... if you're in a major market there is still some cachet in people turning on their car and hearing you. I doubt Don is making pennies in our nation's capital

An issue with the Opester is, I'm not sure he is a technically good DJ... but if i were a PD i'd still give him a chance and let him spin some fawkin' records and spin some tales in between Tom Petty and Scorpions songs

In NYC (LI especially), Philly and Boston, the Opester being on air has a nostalgia factor as you're driving out to the Jersey shore or the fawkin' Cape on a summer weekend

Forum Clout
I wanna see Brothaman realize Adam22 being cucked has effectively left an opening in the "old wigger" market and try to start talking up "hot young rappers" at the age of 63 like he genuinely (
:image_9248_lg:
) appreciates the work.

"This YungeenAce issss ahhhh... pretty fawkin' good, I gotta say!"