• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

"The Lumumba Effect" - When one experiences the moment of clarity that Opie was never as bad as you recalled

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
Go pick a random O&A from a random year, even in the dying era. The most annoying thing Opie might do is promoting a dopey bit concocted for negative publicity. Meanwhile, you experience this while coming to the realization the once "quick witted" tandem of Anthony (from Opie & Anthony) and Stupid Norton... now makes you want to strangle them both in one grasp, with their little pencil necks collected between your thumbs.

IN CONCLUSION, Here are the FACTS:
* Opie would regularly say wild and funny autistic, mean-spirited shit for 2 decades, and the cliquey old queens Anthony (from Opie & Anthony) and Stupid Norton either played along for their own gain, or they no-sold their boss resentfully. Just like Ronnie B did to Fez, which at least was funny radio Fez leaned into. Anthony (from Opie & Anthony) and Stupid Norton did it on purpose and derailed potentially great bits.
* Anthony (from Opie & Anthony) and Stupid Norton created a self indulgent environment where the listeners endured their flirting to no end, with some fatherless individuals brainwashed into laughing at that pavlovian bullshit. Anthony (from Opie & Anthony) became lazy and stopped doing bits or impressions, instead relying on boring gay sex word play.
* Opie NEVER got into the gay sex word play, thus he was branded "not funny" despite living up to his role as a Shock Jock host until the bitter end when he had absolutely nothing to promote and nothing to plug or pump up fudda show.
* Anthony (from Opie & Anthony) and Stupid Norton were staunch believers that They Hate Us For Our Freedoms, Jews are our ally, 9/11 was "real." Etc. Etc. LOL
* Without Anthony (from Opie & Anthony), Opie would still be a small market radio host placating prize pig callers.
* Without Opie, Anthony (from Opie & Anthony) and Stupid Norton would both still be wageys at retirement age. Take your pick.
* Without Stupid Norton, Opie & Anthony was a stronger brand and a better show.

Until next time, Fans.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
And that is funnier than Stupid Norton and Anthony (From O&A) FLIRTING TOGETHER
“Nopie shows” (deranged freak lunatic shit) are just a gay couple doing a show, no different than the one Jim does with his QB boyfriend. But somehow actually less annoying, because even though they’re talking about sucking each others cocks, the viking smashes that little worm Norton every chance he can get. Anthony (from the company that fixed my AC) just sucked off Norton, acted as a sound effect machine and laugh track, and spat out references. But who can forget his LIGHTNING QUICK BARBS. STU-PID! MUDSLIDE! OH YIMMMMMYYY

FUCKING YUCK

alkiefuck2

don't call me scarface
Forum Clout
Anthony (from the company that fixed my AC) just sucked off Norton, acted as a sound effect machine and laugh track, and spat out references.
Love O&A, always will but this shit does make it hard to re-listen to sometimes. I listen to full shows out of order but I wonder when this was at its worst. I'm guessing vurry late 2000's/early 2010's.
Anyway as you said, the nopie shows are brutal; two closets speaking about nothing, with fucking Sam as third mic. That's at best lol, they'd also usually have an unfunny whore in and treat the cunt like royality. We needed the opester's 'tism that day, karen.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Love O&A, always will but this shit does make it hard to re-listen to sometimes. I listen to full shows out of order but I wonder when this was at its worst. I'm guessing vurry late 2000's/early 2010's.
After the grape fight (2009?) things weren’t the same. Waning listenership (or potential for it) + Tensions boiling over between Opie and Anthony + Anthony and Jim becoming gayer + Opie being the only married normal one there. So the show basically had a 5 year run of internal drama that was never gonna be addressed. On top of that Sam was eventually made producer.

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
Opie being the only married normal one there.

Opie was just a professional playing his role... He had no idea that the other guys were DEAD SERIOUS degenerates until it was too late. The snowball effect of stupidity that was O&A was as reckless as Stupid Anthony's daddy drunk driving him around.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Anything after Obama is hit or miss. With the misses coming more frequently as the years go by. And you could tell that everyone hated each other by 2012 and they weren't even hiding it from the audience anymore.

CorradoSoprano4

Forum Clout
* Anthony (from Opie & Anthony) and Stupid Norton were staunch believers that They Hate Us For Our Freedoms, Jews are our ally, 9/11 was "real." Etc. Etc. LOL
Every time Anthony and/or Jim discussed politics, world affairs, or conspiracies when Patrice was in, I wanted to flush my XM down the toilet and jump out of a window. The level of childlike comprehension and biased, uninformed opinions these two idiots displayed was infuriating.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Forum Clout
Opie is much better in the later shows when they had an audience because they would actually laugh at his jokes. Ant has since said that he and Jim had an agreement to laugh extra hard at what they say and not to laugh when Opie says something. When you are a part of a comedy show, that will fuck you up. When there was an audience there, he would just go on after whatever joke he made. When there wasn't, he would repeat himself and take calls that said he was funny.

FingerofGod

Forum Clout
I relisten to shows most days (age old radio is a better filler than podcasts) and I have to say the only bad thing opie ever brought to the show was shitty callers.
He was required to take callers, that’s his job as a radio host. Without them it’s just a podcast. Also Ronnie B was way worse about callers. He would have the same handful of people call in and stay on the line for long periods of time just to laugh at his jokes. At least Opie kept it moving.