• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

The fake bits

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
"We interrupt this program to bring you the Ozone midget sighting of the day."

Opie: Who saw this coming?

Caller: Fake story.

"Meanwhile back at the show."
That was kind of the bit though. Ozone's midget sightings were all fake for the radio. So O&A mocked him by having listeners call in with stupid sightings. "Yeah I saw three midgets fighting each other in the streets.....then a midget cop came up and arrested them all.....fuckin' crazy right??".

Whenever a real sighting would happen it would be beyond boring. "Yeah I just saw a midget pay for his gas at the pump and get into a car". And then that would be it. Then they would move on.

Want to know what happened to the real Ozone? He cut off his penis and became Rebecca Pratt. A transgender broadcaster. Then died at age 55 of suicide. Here is a picture of Ozone and then what he morphed into when he lost his mind. Looks like the Lollypop Guild won this one.

63b35cd2713df.image.png

Nana Cumia

Forum Clout
That was kind of the bit though. Ozone's midget sightings were all fake for the radio. So O&A mocked him by having listeners call in with stupid sightings. "Yeah I saw three midgets fighting each other in the streets.....then a midget cop came up and arrested them all.....fuckin' crazy right??".

Whenever a real sighting would happen it would be beyond boring. "Yeah I just saw a midget pay for his gas at the pump and get into a car". And then that would be it. Then they would move on.

Want to know what happened to the real Ozone? He cut off his penis and became Rebecca Pratt. A transgender broadcaster. Then died at age 55 of suicide. Here is a picture of Ozone and then what he morphed into when he lost his mind. Looks like the Lollypop Guild won this one.

63b35cd2713df.image.png

Forum Clout
100% truth. In the WNEW days attractive women were flashing often if you had the WOW sticker on your car. I don’t understand how people think this didn’t happen. I went to a few road shows in the WNEW era and they did have pigs like Mendi flashing her huge tits, but there were quite a few good looking twentysomethings taking their shirts off. Satellite era fans have no idea how huge O&A were on FM.
Like the Artie-era Stern fans who can't imagine how anything could have been better than that. Those fucking stickers were everywhere for a while.

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
O&A fans were also just nuts.
I think the show held like a Thanksgiving event sometime early at XM when they invited fans to go hunt for turkeys in a forest somewhere. A gaggle of psychopaths showed up with improvised weaponry and they got pissed when it was revealed that the b-b-boys had just planted frozen turkeys in the woods and they wouldn't get to kill any live animals.

Voscabulary

the lord chief constable knows I'm owen
Forum Clout
I think the show held like a Thanksgiving event sometime early at XM when they invited fans to go hunt for turkeys in a forest somewhere. A gaggle of psychopaths showed up with improvised weaponry and they got pissed when it was revealed that the b-b-boys had just planted frozen turkeys in the woods and they wouldn't get to kill any live animals.
the o&a pests are the only fanbase I can think of where referring to them as a "cult following" is an apt description. I think they would have legitimately crucified someone if they were called upon to do so

BenDovid

Forum Clout

This is 100% fantasy. Nothing even close to this ever happened. Why are you just randomly making shit up like this?

BenDovid

Forum Clout
It's like 1984 in here sometimes. The O&A show is concurrently the laziest, but also hardest working show? Nobody does show prep but at the same time we're intricately writing all these bits?

What you heard was how it happened. There would be times where lines were written on the fly, in the moment and passed on but that would be the extent of of it. The fact that some of you think there was a daily script or something is crazy.

LockedHDD__Pot

Forum Clout
A popular radio personality and music director credited for helping bring originally Worcester-based WAAF-FM to the forefront of New England rock radio stations in the ‘90s has gone silent.

Rebecca Pratt, 55 ‒ known while in Massachusetts as John Osterlind, with the on-air moniker "Ozone" ‒ died unexpectedly in New Orleans Dec. 29.

Pratt, a transgender woman, was the midday disc jockey and music director at WAAF for most of the ‘90s.

Pratt lived in Louisiana in recent years, hired in 2008 by WRNO-FM, a conservative talk station, according to nola.com, a news website.

Authorities have not determined a cause of death. Pratt was found by building managers in an apartment, according to the website.

Forum Clout
Have you seen the vehicles that had WOW stickers? It was usually a rusted white panel work van that women would be terrified to be near, let alone expose themselves too.

Even as an impressionable kid listening, I didn't believe it was real when some actor would call in with a yokel accent as a trucker saying he got flashed.
Probably some fat trucker hog

Forum Clout
No way. The pests got multiple shows shut down. Jocktober took shows off of the air even. Some people had their careers basically ended by the pests or at least severely damaged. Part of the reason Stern was so adamant about the gag order on O&A was that he was paranoid about their listeners as much as them. When the pests harassed a radio show it was sometimes in the hundreds of people simultaneously calling to try to get on air. Homeless Shopping Spree's last year also had a crowd so large that the mall management called Sirius and the bit was ended forever for safety reasons. If they had done another one of those it probably would have resulted in a firing.

O&A fans were also just nuts. The comedians could not handle O&A themed crowds. It was one thing to show up to your gig and have it packed with O&A listeners. But Virus Shows were truly insane. That was another thing that lasted only a few years before literally every single comedian refused to do them and they had to end the bit. The fans had no patience for standup comedy and would just scream out at everyone. If you didn't get a laugh in the first nanosecond of your act you would be yelled at until you were dead. It made for hilarious moments like Burr's Philly rant though.
And we ova here now

stillreal2medammit

Fuck you Steve
Forum Clout
Guys like Don Shipley that call people up for stolen valor and post the videos are always getting legal threats from people and he even lost his youtube channel over losing a legal battle over recording someone without their consent.
Man, I miss that dude... Does did he switch to another host? and are there a collection of his videos anywhere? To bad Joe didn't claim he was a frogman.

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
No I didn't. Whatever bit they're talking about never happened in the "early days of XM." There's no forests in Manhattan.
Yeah, I wasn't too sure about the exact details of a radio segment I last heard a decade ago, hence "I think". Turns out that it was from the early XM days but they were reminiscing about something that happened up in Boston. I'll also admit they didn't hide actual frozen turkeys in the woods, just paper vouchers for them.

Not quite "100% fantasy" or "nothing close to this ever happened" though is it, you neurotic kike midget?

At least this confirms that this really is your account, because I can't think of anything more in-character than going ballistic over something so trivial while managing to be completely in the wrong at the same time.