• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

TACS is so done

Forum Clout
No show today. Nana is flying to New York City again.
It’s crazy in this day and age that the only time you can get a flight to New York is in the middle of the afternoon.

I realize I’m asking ridiculous questions here but how can any self-respecting person keep paying for a show where the host can’t be bothered to show up when the studio is literally in his pantry?

I_amnot_anyone

Water Buffaler
Forum Clout
You idiots have literally been saying this for 4 fucking years. Seriously. Use the search function.

Yet, here we are. And there is TACS.

It’s a fucking tax write off shelter, you schmucks. It’s not going anywhere. And who cares anyway? Stop fucking watching what you hate. Goddamn imbecile

AnthonyCumio

FEEDNANA
Forum Clout
feed-nana-rise-again.jpg

Jack_Horner

Forum Clout
What evidence have you seen that anyone at Compound has any ability to monetize anything? He had the chance to make the network huge multiple times and every time everyone squandered it due to laziness, stupidity, and apathy (all three in Nana’s case).
Has any podcast behind a paywall succeeded?

Tom Leykis was basically as big as O&A out here on the west coast, and the second he pulled a Nana and erected a pay wall, the show just went into a ditch.

Basically, the radio show was good because he'd get a lot of people calling in who hated his guts. So a big chunk of the show was just listening to Tom troll clueless callers. But once he put up the paywall, it was just ballwashing 24x7. Nearly every call was just uber-fans telling Leykis how great he is.

On top of that, he only had 5% as many callers, so he'd stretch the calls out for as long as 40 minutes.

I called up a few times, and in one case, I was basically trying to get off the phone, and I could tell Leykis was trying to keep the conversation going to fill time. It was super awkward.

Leykis and Cumia both have the same afflictions:

hate women

can't stop bragging about how wonderful their life is

raging alcoholics

Forum Clout
So a big chunk of the show was just listening to Tom troll clueless callers. But once he put up the paywall, it was just ballwashing 24x7. Nearly every call was just uber-fans telling Leykis how great he is.
This happened to Adam Carolla too, even though he isn't behind a paywall. He was at his best on Loveline when he was brutalizing their retarded callers, but since his podcast, every call is "Hey Ace Man, love the show, love your books..."