Spike Lee meets Anthony Cumia

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
I can't say I've ever liked one of Spike's films.

Maybe they just don't speak to my own experiences and that's most of the problem. I'm not American, I'm not black, and I don't have such a chip on my shoulder like 99% of his characters do.

Maybe it's his cynicism or the anger that's always under the surface. John Cassavettes' films felt like that at times, but he still changed things up.

Cassavettes also didn't do the worst remake of a Korean film ever in "Oldboy", either.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
I would love to see Anthony debate a black person on his views. One follow up question after repeating a point he saw on Twitter, he'd probably start to :image_9253::image_9253::image_9253:
I’d love to see Anthony not even debate a black person, but sit down on his show with like a Thomas Sowell or Clarence Thomas and just discuss conservatism. He’d be the thumb twiddling retard he always is.

lowend73

2 point vig

Maybe they just don't speak to my own experiences and that's most of the problem. I'm not American, I'm not black, and I don't have such a chip on my shoulder like 99% of his characters do.

Maybe it's his cynicism or the anger that's always under the surface. John Cassavettes' films felt like that at times, but he still changed things up.

Cassavettes also didn't do the worst remake of a Korean film ever in "Oldboy", either.
I can't lie, Inside Man was not too bad a movie. Spike Lee should get into directing more films like that.

Oldboy remake was terrible, not sure why that even got the greenlight

Spike Lee is an overrated midget niglet.

Cassavetes films can be a little self indulgent, but he wanted the audience to feel the uncomfortable emotions and moments rather than being a preachy cunt about it like Spike Lee.

Anthony could never keep up with Thomas Sowell in a conversation. Anthony would come off as a clownish simpleton because he's neither an intellectual nor a deep thinker.

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!

Half of his movies never got an international release. 66% of his films are box office bombs. Three of them never got a theatrical release at all. Of the remaining 21 films that did, only one grossed more than $100M, and his second place movie only grossed half of that.

His third place film lost WB $30 million due to advertising costs, and he didn't even get an Oscar nod for best director until BlacKkKlansman. He'll never be nominated again. He got an honorary award once and shared a best screenplay for BlacKkKlansman with three Jews.

1717652671272.png

1717652315460.png

Fortified Wine

Sweet liquor eases the pain
Half of his movies never got an international release. 66% of his films are box office bombs. Three of them never got a theatrical release at all. Of the remaining 21 films that did, only one grossed more than $100M, and his second place movie only grossed half of that.

His third place film lost WB $30 million due to advertising costs, and he didn't even get an Oscar nod for best director until BlacKkKlansman. He'll never be nominated again. He got an honorary award once and shared a best screenplay for BlacKkKlansman with three Jews.

View attachment 203898

View attachment 203897
damn, you summed it all up nig. I've only seen Do The Right Thing. I remember thinking it was aight.

View attachment 203898

View attachment 203897
Wow, that must mean Iron Man is a triumph of cinema.

Fuck Spike Lee, but using ticket sales To judge quality is silliness

I can't lie, Inside Man was not too bad a movie. Spike Lee should get into directing more films like that.

Oldboy remake was terrible, not sure why that even got the greenlight

Same here.

I saw "Do the Right Thing" in a theater, which was wild. The audiece was 80% black, and by the last ten minutes of the film, they were literally on the verge of burning the theater down. Getting up, out of their seats, throwing shit at the screen, they were pissed the fuck off.

Over the years, I've re-watched some of his movies. "Inside Man" and "Do the Right Thing" still hold up, but I can't name another movie of his that's worth watching. I tried watching his "Malcolm X" movie, and it's probaby the worst thing that Denzel Washington has even been in.

The Talking Dead

I'm close to death! Hahahaha hooooooly shit!!

I've only ever seen two of his movies - 25th Hour and the Oldboy remake. The former I practically remember nothing about it and his version of Oldboy is one of the biggest atrocities ever committed to film.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
I've only ever seen two of his movies - 25th Hour and the Oldboy remake. The former I practically remember nothing about it and his version of Oldboy is one of the biggest atrocities ever committed to film.

You know something? You corrected me.

I'll give him The 25th Hour, I completely forgot about that one. It's raw yet sincere, and it's a very well contained story. There's a big part of me that gives a lot of that credit to Edward Norton, despite how much of a cunt he is - and fuck, is he ever - he's an actors actor.

But it's still Spikes movie. I'll give him that one.

lowend73

2 point vig
Clockers was really good, but Scorsese was holding his hand the whole time.
that was a good movie as well, if you get the chance be sure and. read the book that the movie was based on. Richard Price is a really good author. Contributed to The Wire, and also wrote The Wanderers