• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Seth Rogen* (autocorrect lol) on ai writing “good tv”

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

my sweet bonnie has never been “blacked” ❤️
Forum Clout
Its where I really learned what weed culture was. I knew what weed was and knew my oldest brother smoked it, but id never even seen it IRL before. My bro had a VHS copy of it and we were driving from up north to down south and my parents rented a conversion van with a tv in the back for us little shits. We didnt have shit to watch so we watched Half Baked like 5 or 6 times throughout the trip and by the last viewing, id made up my mind i was determined to try smoking weed. I have a feeling it would be a realllly cringy movie these days so im with you. Ill preserve the positive memories of it rather than ruining it. Same with How High. The bicycle scene was funny back in the day but id be willing to bet it doesnt hold up.
I haven’t seen them in a while but I bet both of those movies hold up pretty well for goofy stoner movies. Grandma’s Boy might be my favorite movie of all time. I know that’s not what you were talking about but it’s pot tawk Monday on a Saturday.

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
Cheech and Chong were the only ones who could pull off an entire movie based on stoners. Because if you make the sole theme of the movie about weed, it had better be funny.
That's exactly why I maintain that the best stoner movie is the hilarious laugh a minute Oliver Stone (more like Oliver Stoner) classic Savages

Naked_Militiaman

Powdered Toast Man
Forum Clout
If you're gonna write a comedy scene with A.I., you're gonna have some rat feces in there...(Mr. Show did this bit better with the child labor stuff)...

Freaks and Geeks was a terribly overrated "underrated" show that I turned off after the first episode (there were some talented actors involved who were wasted by the contrived joo writing). Superbad was such forced unfunny shit that spawned a whole bunch of other shitty movies. Rogen and Apatow have never created anything original or funny I will maintain. Even with Larry Sanders, Apatow only joined the show after its entire structure was already in place. Other producers like Tolan, Vitti, and Riggi were much better comedy writers and deserve far more praise for the success of that show than Apatow.