• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Serch Says - Gilbert Gottfried

PumiceT

Forum Clout
So, @PumiceT, what's the connection between you and @JacquesClouseau?

I'd also like to know how he gets his guests or even maintains any kind of presence that connects him to celebrities. He did some broadcasts with guys like Chris Rock and Neal Brennan that seemed to be something they felt obligated to do. He's not even a mediocre interviewer so there's obviously some kind of industry connection there but he doesn't have any visible career that gets him in with these people.
I didn’t do a great job of hiding my identity with that other username, but that was mostly to avoid being attacked (which I feel some of the comments here are doing anyway, but that seems to come with the O&A territory), and to comment about Serch without using my name. Too late now.

There seem to be a lot of minor (and a few major) celebrities who are 3rd Bass fans. [Most of the rap industry respects their music at the very least, and some still respect Pete and Serch. I have to assume these celebrities don’t follow too closely and don’t hear the stories of all the lies and schemes. To be blunt: they’re grinders. Some would say hustlers. Serch doesn’t like that being applied to him. I’ve seen him try to seem like an entrepreneur, but he jumps from project to project, which seems more like freelance hustling to me. He has no formal education beyond high school. He has a really good grasp of how business and finance works, knows marketing and entertainment, and his music industry knowledge always impressed me.] He uses his connections to reach out to people they know, and if they happen to be a fan and respect him, the connection is made and the interview happens. One of my tasks from the very beginning was to reach out to artists to set up interviews (initially for his radio show in Detroit). His name seems to carry some weight, and opens some doors. As you can imagine, there are others who see him as a clown and his name gets a quick brush off (it seems no one in the entertainment industry will give a clear “not interested,” they just kick the can down the road and hope it gets forgotten). He’d tell me to contact so-and-so because they talked and said they’d do the podcast. I’d call, text, or email the artist or their management, and the story would change, or I’d get no reply at all. I have to assume it’s like when people make plans for brunch after a night of drinking—it was just the nice thing to say at the moment, there’s no real plan there.

PumiceT

Forum Clout
So, @PumiceT, what's the connection between you and @JacquesClouseau?

I'd also like to know how he gets his guests or even maintains any kind of presence that connects him to celebrities. He did some broadcasts with guys like Chris Rock and Neal Brennan that seemed to be something they felt obligated to do. He's not even a mediocre interviewer so there's obviously some kind of industry connection there but he doesn't have any visible career that gets him in with these people.
Chris Rock was great. I fully enjoyed his “small” house with a hallway bigger than most houses. Neil Brennan seemed almost completely disinterested and had the loudest audio coming from his earbuds which I couldn’t adjust. I think StreamYard has individual audio control for guests now, but holy shit that was annoying for me.

PumiceT

Forum Clout
Good for him into tricking Sony into paying him

Does he know who Opie Anthony is?

Did you know he was raised his parents but grew up on the street?

How did you know it's this forum that was on his stream?
As much as he tricked them, he did produce the Big Daddy Kane and MF DOOM series of podcasts with that money, so it’s not a scam or anything. He certainly paid some of the guests for that, and the editor / engineer. I got paid for whatever I did for them, but that seemed to fizzle away.

He very much knows who Opie and Anthony are. He endured LOTS of comments and tweets when they went off on his TV show. As I’m typing this, I’m realizing I have the DVD archive of that entire test run of episodes. They’re not HD, but I wonder if I’m their only keeper.

I think you know that I know he was raised by his parents and grew up on the street. I also know one of his guests on that show went through hell and went through back. That’s pretty tough, if you ask me.

I think I addressed how I connected this forum to the comments. If I didn’t already recognize some of the catch phrases “feed nana,” etc., I probably searched for those words and made the connection. I initially expected to find stuff on Reddit, but clearly you guys are too much for Reddit to handle. The rest was just a matter of finding the old version of this forum and checking posts.

G

As much as he tricked them, he did produce the Big Daddy Kane and MF DOOM series of podcasts with that money, so it’s not a scam or anything. He certainly paid some of the guests for that, and the editor / engineer. I got paid for whatever I did for them, but that seemed to fizzle away.

He very much knows who Opie and Anthony are. He endured LOTS of comments and tweets when they went off on his TV show. As I’m typing this, I’m realizing I have the DVD archive of that entire test run of episodes. They’re not HD, but I wonder if I’m their only keeper.

I think you know that I know he was raised by his parents and grew up on the street. I also know one of his guests on that show went through hell and went through back. That’s pretty tough, if you ask me.

I think I addressed how I connected this forum to the comments. If I didn’t already recognize some of the catch phrases “feed nana,” etc., I probably searched for those words and made the connection. I initially expected to find stuff on Reddit, but clearly you guys are too much for Reddit to handle. The rest was just a matter of finding the old version of this forum and checking posts.
Did he ever rant about the trolls privately after his public rant at the end of that episode? What I'm asking is, did it affect his mood after the show... trolls living rent free in his mind.

PumiceT

Forum Clout
Did Serch ever get a satisfactory answer to the question, "WHY DIDN'T YOU WEAR A RUBBAH, BEE?"

I'll hang up and listen to your answer.
LOL. Was that a direct quote from the show? I know it's been quoted here a bunch. I HATE any time I accidentally add a " b" to the end of a text when trying to hit double-space for a period. I worry the recipient thinks I'm using "bee" or "b" to mean ... whatever it means when said like that.

PumiceT

Forum Clout
Did he ever rant about the trolls privately after his public rant at the end of that episode? What I'm asking is, did it affect his mood after the show... trolls living rent free in his mind.
Absolutely. I don't think I'd go this far, but I'm sure my computer kept recording audio after we'd stop the video broadcast. We'd usually either keep talking in the livestream "studio" or he'd almost always call me right after to say how good the show went and how great his interview was. I don't recall exactly what he said, but I know he was pretty fired up and adrenaline pumping.

Ant_It_Fun

Big Time
Forum Clout
LOL. Was that a direct quote from the show? I know it's been quoted here a bunch. I HATE any time I accidentally add a " b" to the end of a text when trying to hit double-space for a period. I worry the recipient thinks I'm using "bee" or "b" to mean ... whatever it means when said like that.

It was on some failed, retarded talk show that was featured on O&A. Serch ended up getting Jocktober'd, and referred to us as "knuckleheads".

PumiceT

Forum Clout
It was on some failed, retarded talk show that was featured on O&A. Serch ended up getting Jocktober'd, and referred to us as "knuckleheads".
I meant was it a direct quote from Serch's TV show. I mentioned in another post, I have the DVD archive of that series. Not sure why he had it sent to me, but he had a lot of strange things sent my way to avoid giving out his home address.

PumiceT

Forum Clout
Is it true that basically discovered Nas? Also on Questloves podcast he comes across like the encyclopedia if hip hop, he seemed to be at all the important footnotes in rap history
The truth about Nas is that Serch helped negotiate his publishing deal, and ONE OF Nas's first appearance on a record was with 3rd Bass. But that was 1992. Live at the Barbecue with Main Source was 1991. Which, I think Serch has made that clear, himself. People don't understand what that means, so it gets summarized as "Serch helped discover Nas."

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
I didn’t do a great job of hiding my identity with that other username, but that was mostly to avoid being attacked (which I feel some of the comments here are doing anyway, but that seems to come with the O&A territory), and to comment about Serch without using my name. Too late now.
to be honest witcha, we never were going to do any actual harm to Serch or anyone related. They go a little hard around here but in the end it's really just about laughing at the target. Take Patrick Tomlinson; he's FAR more hated by the OnA forums, they have way more animosity against him than Serch. Nobody wants to go to jail behind trolling a fat moron by doing something that would Actually get you sent to jail (sorry Pat, calling you a fat pig isn't illegal). at worst a doxxing means they'd get some prank phone calls or maybe something silly sent to their address.

RoTheHo69

if you ban me, you are gay.
Forum Clout
For those who don't recognize my name, I'm the former cohost of Serch Says, and as he would say, I'm the guy who pushed him to enter the world of podcasting. I pushed him 10 years ago. I think he waited too long.

Maybe I'll make another thread if anyone cares to hear more about this, but I was friends with Serch from 2004 or so, until around January of this year, when he and I kinda parted ways. He was mad at me for not being all personally sad for him and his loss of MF DOOM, while I was simultaneously mourning the loss of my wife's uncle. Serch didn't know that, and needn't, but he still went off on me as if I was some horribly uncaring human being. Meanwhile, being his assistant for social media and seeing his messages, I got the impression he had almost no relationship with DOOM, and any of his attempts to reach out were either left unreplied, or forgotten and turned cold (I forget which, maybe both). I haven't completely burned bridges with Serch, but who knows. If he has an account here and notices this, maybe this is the end of my connection to him. He was, or seemed to be, a genuinely good guy to me, and afforded me many opportunities I'd never have had without him in my life. I've met so many of my rap idols, and talked to people I'd never have had access to. I appreciate that, and will forever, but as someone once told me about him, he'll use you until he doesn't need you anymore. Maybe that was my fate, after almost 20 years. Anyway...

I just watched almost this entire episode. I haven't really watched much of his other stuff since parting ways last year, but this is pretty typical, and by that, I mean bad. The microphone thing is something I needed to pound into his head almost every time we recorded. The logo is hard to see with the foam windscreen, but the screw for the XLR connector faces front, so it's pretty simple to just use that as a guide. This seriously sounds like he's using a mic off-camera and this one is just a prop. It's all room noise. Gilbert, on the other hand, sounds great! Gotta love when the guest out-does the host. Audio technicalities aside, like JacquesClouseau said above, the interview will always lean toward some way to connect the guest to Serch. What do they have in common? "Let's talk about me being Jewish!" He really loved when Tom Green penned him as the Hip-Hop Howard Stern, because Stern is one of his idols, and he calls in from time to time. Serch needs to study Stern better, or really, other interviewers who are revered as the best in the industry. (I don't think Stern wins that title.)

For the record: Serch wasn't reading some of your comments on later episodes, but he was definitely seeing them all on that first night when you guys bombarded him. So was I. I was desperately attempting to delete them as fast as they were coming in! I knew it was funny, but I also knew you guys would cross the line and go as deep as you could. I wanted SO BADLY to stop him before he went off. I wanted to cut him off after he "ended" the show, before he addressed you guys. It was embarrassing to me to be involved with that mess. Maybe that was the true beginning of the end for me. It was so cringeworthy, I couldn't take him seriously after that, and felt critical of everything he did thereafter. As his friend, I started searching for you guys behind the scenes. Mostly out of curiosity. I knew you were O&A fans from some of your comments. I'm not super familiar with them, but I knew enough to connect the dots. I found the old forums because the posts were indexed (smart to change that on this iteration), and lurked with another account. When you doxxed him and his daughter, his wife got genuinely scared. To be honest, I got a bit worried, too. I don't have much to hide, but if Serch kept issuing threats—however empty they might have been—maybe I'd be next on your list!

Like I said before, if anyone wants me to, I'll make a thread, or answer questions if anyone is remotely interested.
Can you tell me what you think about my rhymes?
here goes:

How you doing sir? what's good with you kid?
I hope that you LIVE a positive life
and yo
shout out to my wife
who's backstage and hope I don't flip
or go knife
but uhh
yo I stutta'd but I'm still butta don't say nothin bout this bad motha uh
shut ya mouth this is no cursin, no rehearsin, this is just straight searchin.

do you think I could make it in the biz?