• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Serch Says - Gilbert Gottfried

JacquesClouseau

The Pink Panther
Forum Clout

Comments appear to be open, by the way.

I could swear there was a huge fallout between Serch and Gilbert, but somehow Serch has him as his guest. I haven't watched much yet, other than immediately skipping the 2.5 minutes of sponsor bullshit. My immediate reaction: YOU'RE TALKING INTO THE WRONG PART OF THAT MICROPHONE!! Those Audio Technica mics are condensers with a front-facing diaphragm. You talk into one side of them, and it's the side with the logo facing your mouth. He's been told that several times. He thinks he's an audio engineer and knows his shit.

PumiceT

Forum Clout
For those who don't recognize my name, I'm the former cohost of Serch Says, and as he would say, I'm the guy who pushed him to enter the world of podcasting. I pushed him 10 years ago. I think he waited too long.

Maybe I'll make another thread if anyone cares to hear more about this, but I was friends with Serch from 2004 or so, until around January of this year, when he and I kinda parted ways. He was mad at me for not being all personally sad for him and his loss of MF DOOM, while I was simultaneously mourning the loss of my wife's uncle. Serch didn't know that, and needn't, but he still went off on me as if I was some horribly uncaring human being. Meanwhile, being his assistant for social media and seeing his messages, I got the impression he had almost no relationship with DOOM, and any of his attempts to reach out were either left unreplied, or forgotten and turned cold (I forget which, maybe both). I haven't completely burned bridges with Serch, but who knows. If he has an account here and notices this, maybe this is the end of my connection to him. He was, or seemed to be, a genuinely good guy to me, and afforded me many opportunities I'd never have had without him in my life. I've met so many of my rap idols, and talked to people I'd never have had access to. I appreciate that, and will forever, but as someone once told me about him, he'll use you until he doesn't need you anymore. Maybe that was my fate, after almost 20 years. Anyway...

I just watched almost this entire episode. I haven't really watched much of his other stuff since parting ways last year, but this is pretty typical, and by that, I mean bad. The microphone thing is something I needed to pound into his head almost every time we recorded. The logo is hard to see with the foam windscreen, but the screw for the XLR connector faces front, so it's pretty simple to just use that as a guide. This seriously sounds like he's using a mic off-camera and this one is just a prop. It's all room noise. Gilbert, on the other hand, sounds great! Gotta love when the guest out-does the host. Audio technicalities aside, like JacquesClouseau said above, the interview will always lean toward some way to connect the guest to Serch. What do they have in common? "Let's talk about me being Jewish!" He really loved when Tom Green penned him as the Hip-Hop Howard Stern, because Stern is one of his idols, and he calls in from time to time. Serch needs to study Stern better, or really, other interviewers who are revered as the best in the industry. (I don't think Stern wins that title.)

For the record: Serch wasn't reading some of your comments on later episodes, but he was definitely seeing them all on that first night when you guys bombarded him. So was I. I was desperately attempting to delete them as fast as they were coming in! I knew it was funny, but I also knew you guys would cross the line and go as deep as you could. I wanted SO BADLY to stop him before he went off. I wanted to cut him off after he "ended" the show, before he addressed you guys. It was embarrassing to me to be involved with that mess. Maybe that was the true beginning of the end for me. It was so cringeworthy, I couldn't take him seriously after that, and felt critical of everything he did thereafter. As his friend, I started searching for you guys behind the scenes. Mostly out of curiosity. I knew you were O&A fans from some of your comments. I'm not super familiar with them, but I knew enough to connect the dots. I found the old forums because the posts were indexed (smart to change that on this iteration), and lurked with another account. When you doxxed him and his daughter, his wife got genuinely scared. To be honest, I got a bit worried, too. I don't have much to hide, but if Serch kept issuing threats—however empty they might have been—maybe I'd be next on your list!

Like I said before, if anyone wants me to, I'll make a thread, or answer questions if anyone is remotely interested.

Snake

Forum Clout
For those who don't recognize my name, I'm the former cohost of Serch Says, and as he would say, I'm the guy who pushed him to enter the world of podcasting. I pushed him 10 years ago. I think he waited too long.

Maybe I'll make another thread if anyone cares to hear more about this, but I was friends with Serch from 2004 or so, until around January of this year, when he and I kinda parted ways. He was mad at me for not being all personally sad for him and his loss of MF DOOM, while I was simultaneously mourning the loss of my wife's uncle. Serch didn't know that, and needn't, but he still went off on me as if I was some horribly uncaring human being. Meanwhile, being his assistant for social media and seeing his messages, I got the impression he had almost no relationship with DOOM, and any of his attempts to reach out were either left unreplied, or forgotten and turned cold (I forget which, maybe both). I haven't completely burned bridges with Serch, but who knows. If he has an account here and notices this, maybe this is the end of my connection to him. He was, or seemed to be, a genuinely good guy to me, and afforded me many opportunities I'd never have had without him in my life. I've met so many of my rap idols, and talked to people I'd never have had access to. I appreciate that, and will forever, but as someone once told me about him, he'll use you until he doesn't need you anymore. Maybe that was my fate, after almost 20 years. Anyway...

I just watched almost this entire episode. I haven't really watched much of his other stuff since parting ways last year, but this is pretty typical, and by that, I mean bad. The microphone thing is something I needed to pound into his head almost every time we recorded. The logo is hard to see with the foam windscreen, but the screw for the XLR connector faces front, so it's pretty simple to just use that as a guide. This seriously sounds like he's using a mic off-camera and this one is just a prop. It's all room noise. Gilbert, on the other hand, sounds great! Gotta love when the guest out-does the host. Audio technicalities aside, like JacquesClouseau said above, the interview will always lean toward some way to connect the guest to Serch. What do they have in common? "Let's talk about me being Jewish!" He really loved when Tom Green penned him as the Hip-Hop Howard Stern, because Stern is one of his idols, and he calls in from time to time. Serch needs to study Stern better, or really, other interviewers who are revered as the best in the industry. (I don't think Stern wins that title.)

For the record: Serch wasn't reading some of your comments on later episodes, but he was definitely seeing them all on that first night when you guys bombarded him. So was I. I was desperately attempting to delete them as fast as they were coming in! I knew it was funny, but I also knew you guys would cross the line and go as deep as you could. I wanted SO BADLY to stop him before he went off. I wanted to cut him off after he "ended" the show, before he addressed you guys. It was embarrassing to me to be involved with that mess. Maybe that was the true beginning of the end for me. It was so cringeworthy, I couldn't take him seriously after that, and felt critical of everything he did thereafter. As his friend, I started searching for you guys behind the scenes. Mostly out of curiosity. I knew you were O&A fans from some of your comments. I'm not super familiar with them, but I knew enough to connect the dots. I found the old forums because the posts were indexed (smart to change that on this iteration), and lurked with another account. When you doxxed him and his daughter, his wife got genuinely scared. To be honest, I got a bit worried, too. I don't have much to hide, but if Serch kept issuing threats—however empty they might have been—maybe I'd be next on your list!

Like I said before, if anyone wants me to, I'll make a thread, or answer questions if anyone is remotely interested.
Niggers tongue my anus.

IanHalperin

Vibin'
Forum Clout

Lyor Cohen is a fellow pest??? Welcome to the forums, brotherman.

JoshFromMichigan

I miss Norm
Forum Clout
IZ13fZ4.gif

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout

This was the guy who was gonna show up on our FUCKIN' doorstep.

PumiceT

Forum Clout
This was the guy who was gonna show up on our FUCKIN' doorstep.
LOL. Nope. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure who Serch thinks he was sending. Lyor Cohen himself? The YouTube police? Some thugs he knows from Far Rockaway? I really have no idea. But definitely not me. I'd be winded from walking up the driveway, and I don't think anyone is intimidated by me.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
LOL. Nope. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure who Serch thinks he was sending. Lyor Cohen himself? The YouTube police? Some thugs he knows from Far Rockaway? I really have no idea. But definitely not me. I'd be winded from walking up the driveway, and I don't think anyone is intimidated by me.
Alright, friend. Now just show us that penis and you're in the club.

ChildSpitTake

"He's ducking through the alleys!"
Forum Clout

Serch's former bitch boy loves the direction of the forum

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout

'For the record: Serch wasn't reading some of your comments on later episodes, but he was definitely seeing them all on that first night"

Were you just hiding the comments from him later? Or was just easier to delete them that time?

PumiceT

Forum Clout
'For the record: Serch wasn't reading some of your comments on later episodes, but he was definitely seeing them all on that first night"

Were you just hiding the comments from him later? Or was just easier to delete them that time?
He stopped looking. I don’t remember if that was at my urging, or if it was entirely his own discipline. We did try to have them off completely, but StreamYard was messing up. I’d have the broadcast scheduled and have comments turned off, but when it would go live, comments would be on. I eventually learned where to find the setting in YouTube and had to manually change it as soon as we went live. At this point, it seems he prerecords his shows entirely and then schedules them as “premieres” on YouTube.