Seinfeld apologizes to Hoo Hoo

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

official ray wilson 😘
Seinfeld said Stern wasn’t that relevant or funny on a podcast. Called him immediately because it came out wrong. Howard said Jerry didn’t have to come on the show to squash it because he’s been there before. Seems like Bad Friends with Bobby Lee and Andrew Santino is big enough to go promote on but Stern isn’t.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
It was about how podcasts are big and stern is irrelevant compared to podcasts and Jerry knew stern would cry for days about it. Stern made loud and clear he thought podcasts were shit and would never take off and now looks very stupid. That’s your legacy, Howie.

I watched the “Dark Side of The 90s” two part episode on Stern / OnA / Mancow / etc. and it’s interesting how that whole genre of Shock Jock - that started with Imus - is dead and will never come back. You’ll never hear about a radio show doing a sex for Sam or throwing meat at womens asses again. Try explaining a “shock jock” to someone under 25.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Jerry’s not wrong. Stern can’t even draw 50,000 listeners anymore. At least Jerry still sells out theaters and leaves his house. He was probably worried Howard was going to kill himself
I really wonder what Sirius is going to do with him - it’s obvious he’s not worth what they pay him and he can’t even be bothered to come into the studio they built and have renovated for him. Jerry def knew Stern would cry about him saying what everybody knows and wanted to get in front of it with “what I meant was”

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
I really wonder what Sirius is going to do with him - it’s obvious he’s not worth what they pay him and he can’t even be bothered to come into the studio they built and have renovated for him. Jerry def knew Stern would cry about him saying what everybody knows and wanted to get in front of it with “what I meant was”
I just looked up his contract and I can’t believe they agreed to pay him $90M a year from 2020 to 2025. And that’s probably just his downside guarantee.

That’s $450M that could have been used to buy other companies, pay out dividends, bring back O&A, or light on fire. Really anything else would have been a better use of capital than giving it to a shock jock who hasn’t been relevant since 1998

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I just looked up his contract and I can’t believe they agreed to pay him $90M a year from 2020 to 2025. And that’s probably just his downside guarantee.

That’s $450M that could have been used to buy other companies, pay out dividends, bring back O&A, or light on fire. Really anything else would have been a better use of capital than giving it to a shock jock who hasn’t been relevant since 1998
Just think - he recently interviewed a sitting president - and nobody cared. Barely made news and was seen as softball and boring from someone who claims he’s the world’s greatest interviewer. They could have used that money to lock down podcast talent but they listened to Howie who said for years they would never be a thing - he’s a REAL broadcaster and those others are just losers!

Just think - he recently interviewed a sitting president - and nobody cared. Barely made news and was seen as softball and boring from someone who claims he’s the world’s greatest interviewer. They could have used that money to lock down podcast talent but they listened to Howie who said for years they would never be a thing - he’s a REAL broadcaster and those others are just losers!
I do think Howard is better at actual interviews than O&A was, but I don't listen to these shows to get Tom Snyder. I listen to laugh. Nobody tuned into 90s Stern to hear him do "good" celebrity interviews. O&A shitting on Linda Blair by just being retards and quoting The Exorcist over and over until she hung up is better than any serious interview Stern has done.

Ant_It_Fun

Big Time
I do think Howard is better at actual interviews than O&A was, but I don't listen to these shows to get Tom Snyder. I listen to laugh. Nobody tuned into 90s Stern to hear him do "good" celebrity interviews. O&A shitting on Linda Blair by just being retards and quoting The Exorcist over and over until she hung up is better than any serious interview Stern has done.

"Ever orgy?"
"Ever do hash oil?"
"How thick is your cock?"
"How much money are you worth?"

Stern sucks as an interviewer.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster

I said this before but thats a literal bullshit number. His agent has every vested interest to put out a higher number than it actually is. It gets him more clients because it makes him look like a negotiating genius. It makes Howard look more popular than he is which could bring more investors. And it’s a negotiating tactic for the future so Stern can put a $90m a year price tag on his next contract, even though he’s not making close to that now.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I said this before but thats a literal bullshit number. His agent has every vested interest to put out a higher number than it actually is. It gets him more clients because it makes him look like a negotiating genius. It makes Howard look more popular than he is which could bring more investors. And it’s a negotiating tactic for the future so Stern can put a $90m a year price tag on his next contract, even though he’s not making close to that now.
Also I believe his contact is used to pay him AND his staff - I remember that being discussed early on. Like they weren’t getting Stern, they were getting the Howard Stern Show which means you need Fred, Robin, Artie, Gary, etc.