• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Opie hits back on his & Ant's finances, contract signings, and wanting to reunite with Ant for the money

Voscabulary

the lord chief constable knows I'm owen
Forum Clout
"Sirius XM has a market cap or net worth of $17.24 billion as of December 8, 2023. Its market cap has decreased by -31.72% in one year."

Source: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/siri/market-cap/
I would not at all be surprised if sirius xm were cooking their books. unless they get a slice of the profit every time a car is sold which includes satellite radio, there's no possible way they're pulling in that many subscribers

Toast

Forum Clout
"Sirius XM has a market cap or net worth of $17.24 billion as of December 8, 2023. Its market cap has decreased by -31.72% in one year."

Source: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/siri/market-cap/
What did that company do in 2019 to see an increase in revenue by nearly $2 billion? And as someone who used to use Sirius XM I'm honestly shocked by those revenue numbers. Who is paying this company? Do the music channels really get that many people listening?

Forum Clout
But another question is how much is the Opie & Anthony show realistically worth in 2023 - 2024? There are about 50 of us on here that regularly post, Opie has a few hundred on his streams if he's lucky, Anthony has 5k subscribers max, that's under 10,000 people invested in them now. Does Nana have enough time to rebuild O&A? Her heart surely gives out within the next 5 years.
Yeah, agree, tough to see how an O&A reunion is going to magically make them a real lot of money. I mean, it could be a profitable grift-type thing, but no one's shelling out "big bucks" for an O&A reunion. It's just an old radio show that becomes less relevant and more forgotten with each passing year. Opie is a weird, irritating dullard, and Nana is a drunken racist pedophile, and whatever "magic" still exists between the two of them will dissipate and vanish entirely within a few minutes.

My dream scenario would be a reunion where they really hash things out, and end up blaming Jimmy for everything. Then they'd really hammer away at him, goof on his he/she, his act, everything. That would be something I'd spend under twenty dollars on.

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
Yeah, agree, tough to see how an O&A reunion is going to magically make them a real lot of money. I mean, it could be a profitable grift-type thing, but no one's shelling out "big bucks" for an O&A reunion. It's just an old radio show that becomes less relevant and more forgotten with each passing year. Opie is a weird, irritating dullard, and Nana is a drunken racist pedophile, and whatever "magic" still exists between the two of them will dissipate and vanish entirely within a few minutes.

My dream scenario would be a reunion where they really hash things out, and end up blaming Jimmy for everything. Then they'd really hammer away at him, goof on his he/she, his act, everything. That would be something I'd spend under twenty dollars on.

ONA Boomers continue living in the past thinking that entertainers need to await the knock from legacy media in order to enjoy success, stallker.

Anthony literally has the operation up and running waiting for the brand name to be plugged in. The paywall would suddenly make sense. The money would come in, even the streamers like Karl and Brennan would be paying O&A for the privilege to listen just to stay up to date on the recognized leaders in Talk Entertainment.

Hey remember that show that Rogan, Louis, Burr were literally BIRTHED from? Yeah it’s available for 5 bucks or whatever. The people are rushing to the website. O&A does better numbers than all current day podcasts.

The boomers are truly lost in time.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Forum Clout
What did that company do in 2019 to see an increase in revenue by nearly $2 billion? And as someone who used to use Sirius XM I'm honestly shocked by those revenue numbers. Who is paying this company? Do the music channels really get that many people listening?

That's the year they merged with Pandora, which still doesn't quite explain it since Pandora can't be worth $2 billion.

Forum Clout
ONA Boomers continue living in the past thinking that entertainers need to await the knock from legacy media in order to enjoy success, stallker.

Anthony literally has the operation up and running waiting for the brand name to be plugged in. The paywall would suddenly make sense. The money would come in, even the streamers like Karl and Brennan would be paying O&A for the privilege to listen just to stay up to date on the recognized leaders in Talk Entertainment.

Hey remember that show that Rogan, Louis, Burr were literally BIRTHED from? Yeah it’s available for 5 bucks or whatever. The people are rushing to the website. O&A does better numbers than all current day podcasts.

The boomers are truly lost in time.

For the kind of money that both Opie & Anthony feel they are worth (Perhaps completely valid) they'd need something more than YouTube donations or a Patreon or whatever. The media reported back in 2014 when Anthony was fired that both Opie & Anthony made 5 million dollars a year each, I don't think they'd get anywhere near that doing patreon and YouTube, not enough potential viewers.

Compound is ready for it all, you're right about that but it'd be a significant gamble since the rumoured subscription number for CM right now is under 5k, they'd probably need to hit 20k subscribers to give these guys a mid six figure salary and even then is that enough for Opie to return? Is the audience willing to pay 10 bucks a month for JUST Opie & Anthony because lord knows there isn't anything else decent on that CM network.

If I was Opie I'd take half ownership of Compound like it was offered to me previously, I'd do Opie & Anthony for a small payday and hope that my expertise and radio knowledge would lead to Compound Media improving and becoming a genuinely exciting and interesting podcasting network which would result in more subscribers and me making millions again (Hopefully). That is a lot of work for a 60 year old man looking for an easy payday though.

I also think they'd need more than just Opie & Anthony in the headline role to get to where they need to go. If Artie Lange is clean, sober, motivated and available he'd be a huge return for Compound and would hook the lapsed Stern fans, put him with a funny "straight man", have him do another show unrelated to O&A and that could be a good secondary show for the Compound brand.

All these ideas involve millions of dollars though and who knows if Compound has that in the war chest?

A new Opie & Anthony show without decent comedians wouldn't work. Not even Vos would be retarded enough to be part of a show where one of the hosts talk openly about desiring to kill all blacks.

I guess it depends on the subscribership. If Compound hypothetically had 200,000 subscribers who would love to support and buy products from these comedians or other guests then people will overlook almost anything.

As it currently is though with a small subscribership it has not much to offer so you're right, nobody will do it unless they are on the way up, that might be the method they have to use...

Zeroman

Potential R* Screenshotter
Forum Clout
For the kind of money that both Opie & Anthony feel they are worth (Perhaps completely valid) they'd need something more than YouTube donations or a Patreon or whatever. The media reported back in 2014 when Anthony was fired that both Opie & Anthony made 5 million dollars a year each, I don't think they'd get anywhere near that doing patreon and YouTube, not enough potential viewers.

Compound is ready for it all, you're right about that but it'd be a significant gamble since the rumoured subscription number for CM right now is under 5k, they'd probably need to hit 20k subscribers to give these guys a mid six figure salary and even then is that enough for Opie to return? Is the audience willing to pay 10 bucks a month for JUST Opie & Anthony because lord knows there isn't anything else decent on that CM network.

If I was Opie I'd take half ownership of Compound like it was offered to me previously, I'd do Opie & Anthony for a small payday and hope that my expertise and radio knowledge would lead to Compound Media improving and becoming a genuinely exciting and interesting podcasting network which would result in more subscribers and me making millions again (Hopefully). That is a lot of work for a 60 year old man looking for an easy payday though.

I also think they'd need more than just Opie & Anthony in the headline role to get to where they need to go. If Artie Lange is clean, sober, motivated and available he'd be a huge return for Compound and would hook the lapsed Stern fans, put him with a funny "straight man", have him do another show unrelated to O&A and that could be a good secondary show for the Compound brand.

All these ideas involve millions of dollars though and who knows if Compound has that in the war chest?
I don't disagree with this formula. If Nana can refrain from nigger ranting for da show, why couldn't they garner 20K? I'd also go so far as to suggest that Artie join as 3rd mic, just to see if that could work out net positive for them. Idk.

Bumley

Forum Clout
The biggest obstacle for a successful reunion is Anthony's inability to shut the fuck up about the blacks. This stupid motherfucker had the respect of the best comedians on earth and blew it. Just like an SJW, he couldn't stop raging about his pet causes. No one of note is going to tag along with a whiny racist. What an idiot. He could have been successful as hell.

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout

You're underestimating the market and youtube in general.

O&A have juice in the tank O&A even in their bitter end got their name in the news for ridiculous reasons. They are press getters in an era where people are looking for villains.

There's an audience of fatherless twisted jokers looking for radio uncles to influence them. There are youtube millionaires who do nothing but one stupid video per week. If O&A even did 3 times a week they would already be outdoing other shows on their level AND stealing views from little channels who can stay home all day and livestream every day.

You don't take a business risk with "hope" you take it with calculation, that's why Opie refrained from Compound at the time.

Forum Clout
I don't disagree with this formula. If Nana can refrain from nigger ranting for da show, why couldn't they garner 20K? I'd also go so far as to suggest that Artie join as 3rd mic, just to see if that could work out net positive for them. Idk.

Artie's pod from his kitchen in 2015 had 9000 subscribers he claimed and he was making $16,000 a week from it. I wonder if that number would be higher or lower today?

You're underestimating the market and youtube in general.

O&A have juice in the tank O&A even in their bitter end got their name in the news for ridiculous reasons. They are press getters in an era where people are looking for villains.

There's an audience of fatherless twisted jokers looking for radio uncles to influence them. There are youtube millionaires who do nothing but one stupid video per week. If O&A even did 3 times a week they would already be outdoing other shows on their level AND stealing views from little channels who can stay home all day and livestream every day.

You don't take a business risk with "hope" you take it with calculation, that's why Opie refrained from Compound at the time.

I may be underestimating the market, I am just basing it off the interest in both Opie and Ant post O&A which is really quite low, Cumia with his under 5k subscribers, Opie streaming to a few hundred people maximum. I understand there are people out there who would return that aren't following either guy right now and an audience that Jim & Sam have who would return for O&A also but I'm not so sure it'd result in millions for O&A, if the reunion does happen I guess time will tell.

The YouTube millionaires that do little work have one thing that O&A don't and that is mass appeal, take Mr. Beast for example, last video of his was "10,000 dollars for each day you can stay in a grocery store" which is pretty interesting and compelling content. How much money will the winner make? Will they be there for a few days? A week? A month? It appeals to everyone ranging from little kids all the way to older internet savvy grandparents.

Opie & Anthony discussing current events has an audience as well but not 94 million people like Mr. Beast or other YouTube millionaires have.

Something I did forget to mention though is that Opie & Anthony branded events could be quite the earner for Compound or each individual person. O&A sign autographs and take photos at a little theatre somewhere, have some comedians on, some show oddities (Bobo, Marion, stlaker Patti) and you'd have a pretty fun and financially lucrative show I think.

Zeroman

Potential R* Screenshotter
Forum Clout
Artie's pod from his kitchen in 2015 had 9000 subscribers he claimed and he was making $16,000 a week from it. I wonder if that number would be higher or lower today?

I may be underestimating the market, I am just basing it off the interest in both Opie and Ant post O&A which is really quite low, Cumia with his under 5k subscribers, Opie streaming to a few hundred people maximum. I understand there are people out there who would return that aren't following either guy right now and an audience that Jim & Sam have who would return for O&A also but I'm not so sure it'd result in millions for O&A, if the reunion does happen I guess time will tell.

The YouTube millionaires that do little work have one thing that O&A don't and that is mass appeal, take Mr. Beast for example, last video of his was "10,000 dollars for each day you can stay in a grocery store" which is pretty interesting and compelling content. How much money will the winner make? Will they be there for a few days? A week? A month? It appeals to everyone ranging from little kids all the way to older internet savvy grandparents.

Opie & Anthony discussing current events has an audience as well but not 94 million people like Mr. Beast or other YouTube millionaires have.

Something I did forget to mention though is that Opie & Anthony branded events could be quite the earner for Compound or each individual person. O&A sign autographs and take photos at a little theatre somewhere, have some comedians on, some show oddities (Bobo, Marion, stlaker Patti) and you'd have a pretty fun and financially lucrative show I think.
The live shows that they did always seemed to be a great flow at times. Some of the JFL gigs had moments of everyone stalling out and waiting for someone to step in, but those shows always had moments of funny interactions and I'd garner to say that if they did a few of those, they'd do fairly well.