• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

OnA discuss the addition of Marcia Turk to Stern’s staff and the softening of Howard

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
While I think Turk is definitely the turning point of when the show not only went off the cliff, but willingly jumped, she's a willing target to get the blame when the fact hasn't changed that the tone shift and quality drop are all Howards fault.

What you see now is he real him, an ass kissing narcissistic pussy that so badly wants to be Hollywood peer but is still looked down on. Anyone who really likes him and let's him hang in that circle, likes him because of the past, a past he pretends never happened now.

And take the fucking wig off already, age with some fucking class.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

i wish my rapist would call me back 😍
Forum Clout
While I think Turk is definitely the turning point of when the show not only went off the cliff, but willingly jumped, she's a willing target to get the blame when the fact hasn't changed that the tone shift and quality drop are all Howards fault.

What you see now is he real him, an ass kissing narcissistic pussy that so badly wants to be Hollywood peer but is still looked down on. Anyone who really likes him and let's him hang in that circle, likes him because of the past, a past he pretends never happened now.

And take the fucking wig off already, age with some fucking class.
It was 100% his doing. He could have been any way he wanted to be and he chose to be as fucking gay as possible. He’s the worst, a chameleon if you will. I truly think he doesn’t understand what funny is. “I am FART man!” Are ya?

UnPRePared

Forum Clout
It was 100% his doing. He could have been any way he wanted to be and he chose to be as fucking gay as possible. He’s the worst, a chameleon if you will. I truly think he doesn’t understand what funny is. “I am FART man!” Are ya?

Why do you think I defend Jackie so much, lad?

During my low point in the early 2000's, my few sources of genuine laughs were old Stern downloads, and the Martling era was incredible. Later that decade, I caught up to him leaving terrestrial and then all the way to Sirius... but he wasn't the same by then. He was trying to be, but the timing wasn't quite there, the jokes didn't hit as well, but I still enjoyed it, for a time.

I don't care that Jackie's stand up sucks, that he was greedy or a moocher or a drunk, I cared that the Pillock was funny. And he was, he wrote the best lines for Howard and was very quick with them, hence the infamous Lotus Notes system.

Jackie deserved the raise, I said it, especially since he was the one guy that would stand up to the fake prick.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

Forum Clout
Why do you think I defend Jackie so much, lad?

During my low point in the early 2000's, my few sources of genuine laughs were old Stern downloads, and the Martling era was incredible. Later that decade, I caught up to him leaving terrestrial and then all the way to Sirius... but he wasn't the same by then. He was trying to be, but the timing wasn't quite there, the jokes didn't hit as well, but I still enjoyed it, for a time.

I don't care that Jackie's stand up sucks, that he was greedy or a moocher or a drunk, I cared that the Pillock was funny. And he was, he wrote the best lines for Howard and was very quick with them, hence the infamous Lotus Notes system.

Jackie deserved the raise, I said it, especially since he was the one guy that would stand up to the fake prick.
I like the Artie years more. I’m assuming it’s a generational thing but Jackie was hilarious and could truly take a beating like no other:

Also it’s harder to find really old stuff on YouTube so maybe it’s about exposure. “I told him that each new syndicated show meant 250k for the show then did the math and the only thing he argued was my math.” I did butcher that quote but you get the point. He deserved to get paid and so did Billy.

UnPRePared

Forum Clout
I like the Artie years more. I’m assuming it’s a generational thing but Jackie was hilarious and could truly take a beating like no other:

Also it’s harder to find really old stuff on YouTube so maybe it’s about exposure. “I told him that each new syndicated show meant 250k for the show then did the math and the only thing he argued was my math.” I did butcher that quote but you get the point. He deserved to get paid and so did Billy.

Billy and Jackie was the Prime period, even if Billy was only a few days a week.

Billy had the voices. Jackie had the jokes. Fred could write bits and do drops (I know he's a cunt, but he was the best at that). Robin could tell off Howard and leave him stunned. Put them all together with Howard's direction and it's still the best radio show I've ever heard.

Jackie called them The Beatles and I think it's an apt comparison.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

Forum Clout
Billy and Jackie was the Prime period, even if Billy was only a few days a week.

Billy had the voices. Jackie had the jokes. Fred could write bits and do drops (I know he's a cunt, but he was the best at that). Robin could tell off Howard and leave him stunned. Put them all together with Howard's direction and it's still the best radio show I've ever heard.

Jackie called them The Beatles and I think it's an apt comparison.
There was a lot of great moments in the Artie era:
Sal is probably the most unintentionally hilarious person ever. Billy was the most talented by far. “See what Billy doesn’t get is that he only gets voice acting gigs because of the show.” Notice how he never went back and he didn’t burn the bridge like John. Just wiped his hands of it and said he was done.

UnPRePared

Forum Clout
There was a lot of great moments in the Artie era:
Sal is probably the most unintentionally hilarious person ever. Billy was the most talented by far. “See what Billy doesn’t get is that he only gets voice acting gigs because of the show.” Notice how he never went back and he didn’t burn the bridge like John. Just wiped his hands of it and said he was done.

They did tribute him with a Spotlight episode, two parts in fact.

He didn't need them, but he was wise not to trash them, even when they pulled their "Billy who?" shit. He went on with his life being the better man and making a killing in voice work.

I don't hate the Artie era mainly because of Richard, that bloke is an incredible drummer and extremely funny. Very daft, but it's charming.

And don't get me started on John, I never liked the guy. I'm a John The Stutterer guy over Stuttering John.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

Forum Clout
They did tribute him with a Spotlight episode, two parts in fact.

He didn't need them, but he was wise not to trash them, even when they pulled their "Billy who?" shit. He went on with his life being the better man and making a killing in voice work.

I don't hate the Artie era mainly because of Richard, that bloke is an incredible drummer and extremely funny. Very daft, but it's charming.

And don't get me started on John, I never liked the guy. I'm a John The Stutterer guy over Stuttering John.
John the Stutterer sucked. That was just Howard’s idea of disability=hilarity. He could buh barely speak and it wasn’t funny. At least Stuttering John was a backstabbing mean prick on the show. Did Billy ever go back? I just remember on the podcast with Jackie and John he said that he never looks backwards and was the only one that didn’t come off as bitter. Probably because he’s about 80 iq points higher than both of them.

UnPRePared

Forum Clout
John the Stutterer sucked. That was just Howard’s idea of disability=hilarity. He could buh barely speak and it wasn’t funny. At least Stuttering John was a backstabbing mean prick on the show. Did Billy ever go back? I just remember on the podcast with Jackie and John he said that he never looks backwards and was the only one that didn’t come off as bitter. Probably because he’s about 80 iq points higher than both of them.

John The Stutterer made me laugh like Beetlejuice makes me laugh - stupidity. Stuttering John was just a mean and angry cunt.

Billy isn't bitter at all, because he did well after. Most do not, and that's why John is bitter, Grillo is bitter, Reverend Bob is bitter... Jackie just seems like he beats himself up a bit, but the only way he'd ever prove how much he did was by leaving.

And he definitely proved it.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

Forum Clout
John The Stutterer made me laugh like Beetlejuice makes me laugh - stupidity. Stuttering John was just a mean and angry cunt.

Billy isn't bitter at all, because he did well after. Most do not, and that's why John is bitter, Grillo is bitter, Reverend Bob is bitter... Jackie just seems like he beats himself up a bit, but the only way he'd ever prove how much he did was by leaving.

I liked John because he was a mean and angry cunt. The only whackpacker even in Beet’s league was Hank and maybe Jeff.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Ironically around this time is the downfall of both shows

He got fired from AGT after a year because they wanted him to be Simon not Paula but still decided to completely rebrand himself. This clip clearly shows that Sirius did not value OnA at all (possibly rightfully so).
Not only was he a boring judge he did nothing but bitch about the schedule which they made special just for him. They quickly realized he wasn’t worth the trouble and not the judge he had convinced them he would be. There wasn’t even any “you won’t know what he’ll say next!” Buzz after the first episode. He was a boring old lady.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout

I don’t think Jackie is too bitter, at least he made the most of his deal (him having a plug every hour was a great idea) and even though he didn’t become a big star after leaving like he hoped he at least seems to be a happy guy. Everyone else is bitter for obvious reasons - they all know Stern was a cheap bastard and can’t do anything without stern.

John seems to be the most bitter but it makes sense because of that job with Leno that didn’t go anywhere - shortly after getting him they realized he had to have Jackie / Fred / Stern write for him to be funny.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

Forum Clout
I don’t think Jackie is too bitter, at least he made the most of his deal (him having a plug every hour was a great idea) and even though he didn’t become a big star after leaving like he hoped he at least seems to be a happy guy. Everyone else is bitter for obvious reasons - they all know Stern was a cheap bastard and can’t do anything without stern.

John seems to be the most bitter but it makes sense because of that job with Leno that didn’t go anywhere - shortly after getting him they realized he had to have Jackie / Fred / Stern write for him to be funny.
“Howard refused to get involved or help you with any contract negotiation but he knew exactly where every penny went.” That’s why he likes Fred so much since he’s a pussy boy faggot who rolls over for every little thing.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

Forum Clout
“Howard refused to get involved or help you with any contract negotiation but he knew exactly where every penny went.” That’s why he likes Fred so much since he’s a pussy boy faggot who rolls over for every little thing.
Literally this went on to the point that Jackie’s friends thought he was bitching about only making 30k/week on the extremely popular E Show and he had to clarify that he had to fight tooth and nail to make that in a year from them. Stern was probably making like 5 mil.

Imager

STFUYSN
Forum Clout
The entire point of hiring Stuttering John was to piss Stern off. It worked brilliantly for Leno. Leno didn't want to develop John into a star, he was just pissing Stern off. If John thought that gig was going to go anywhere on its own, he's a stuttering idiot with a transgendered kid.