• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

O&A was so phoned in after they went to their walk-in closet studio to die.

HH Brother

I wanna fuck you up the ass, funster.
Forum Clout
You'll never be able to. The only people who track this shit are the ones with vested interests in lying about it.
All I can say is I've almost never heard of anyone listening to Stern for most of my life, any age group. Most people under 30 don't even really seem to know who he is.

OnA seems to be getting the tiniest bit of resurgence with their, hyper-tangential, relationship to Internet Blood Sports (EUGH! :image_9248:) and with Tomlinson and lolcow seekers.
Anyone that I ever heard talking about it was boomers that don't know any better, Armyster. Always retarded uncles and older colleagues with no real sense of humor. Howie has always been low hanging fruit for retards.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
I think the satellite era is trashed too much…it wasn’t ALL bad. The highs had duh staff fights, Lady Di internship, Dennis Falcone, intern David, Jocktober, the random bits they had, etc etc…but the lows were easily the worst of the show.

Sam Roberts existing. Dannys presence on air. Steve C gone and the role of producer being axed. Youtube videos and talk about last nights TV reruns. Eating on air. Serious celebrity interviews. O&A’s chemistree running out. l

The biggest problem from the era was probably Jim. I don’t mind him. Unlike Ants racist rants his neurotic faggotry doesn’t piss me off, i can actually laugh at him. As i’ve said many times Jim brought so much bits to the show as well as comedians, wether directly or by proxy. O&A would not be the same if Jim didn’t join when he did. However, sometime after 2006 is when he teamed up with Anthony and they reveled in their faggotry together, only being funny for each other rather than the audience. At this point Norton was locked into stock jokes more than ever and was being an ultra diva.

HH Brother

I wanna fuck you up the ass, funster.
Forum Clout
I think the satellite era is trashed too much…it wasn’t ALL bad. The highs had duh staff fights, Lady Di internship, Dennis Falcone, intern David, Jocktober, the random bits they had, etc etc…but the lows were easily the worst of the show.

Sam Roberts existing. Dannys presence on air. Steve C gone and the role of producer being axed. Youtube videos and talk about last nights TV reruns. Eating on air. Serious celebrity interviews. O&A’s chemistree running out. l

The biggest problem from the era was probably Jim. I don’t mind him. Unlike Ants racist rants his neurotic faggotry doesn’t piss me off, i can actually laugh at him. As i’ve said many times Jim brought so much bits to the show as well as comedians, wether directly or by proxy. O&A would not be the same if Jim didn’t join when he did. However, sometime after 2006 is when he teamed up with Anthony and they reveled in their faggotry together, only being funny for each other rather than the audience. At this point Norton was locked into stock jokes more than ever and was being an ultra diva.
The biggest issue with Satellite was just the tail end of it becoming let's watch Youtube show, Suester.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
But lots of people beat Howard. I think Mancow beat Howard every single ratings quarter for over a decade all but like two or three times. Howie Math has him number one in all markets and on Sirius but it's just lies.
Mancow beat Howie in Chicago. But as O&A used to say to the small jocks who attacked them…”You’re number 1 in your market, which is market 472. We’re number 1 in New York, the number 1 radio market.”

But thats a whole separate thing. As to O&A being more popular than Howard it doesn’t track. I think you’re only thinking about “fans”. Yes, I would say O&A by the merger had more die hard fans of the show than Stern, but to say their audience was bigger just cannot be true. A few things work in tandem to give Howie an advantage:

1. The cleaning of his image meant more A listers. More A listers means more people watching your interviews and possibly listening to you on air.
2. Apply the same idea for Americas Got Talent and whatever other shlock Howie did that reached outside the SXM listening audience.
3. Both of the former things, along with SXM deals to put their radios in so many cars, mean that average people driving who may have not known Howard but know his name from the TV, tune into see what his channel is all about. And when they hear some inane interview from a big celebrity they keep listening.

It’s just not the same comparison. We’re not talking about comparing 90’s / 2000’s Stern vs O&A where their demographic of fans was both made up by “listeners” - Howie reached a point where he branched way outside of that. Howie wasn’t even in the same genre of O&A in the latter years, let alone in the same genre of show he did.

Of course believing Howies numbers are delusional. He doesn’t have a third of the listeners he claims. But it’s also not like he’s completely unknown. He really is the biggest radio personality in our times.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Him barely showing up to work definitely had him hemorrhage listeners.
He went from being free to a paid sub. You needed a premium sub on top of that. He was only on four days a week then down to three. Including way more vacation time. His shows would basically end right at 10AM on the dot right into the Wrap Up Show. Then you had Artie leave the show and the H100 News Team and eventually the show becomes a phantom of itself from the terrestrial years. Howard rapidly lost his listenership and is now down to nothing to the point where he can't hit his advertising totals.
I wonder what OnA's peak listening base was at any given time.
WNEW at their peak. They were available for free and were literally being listened to by half of the radios on in any city. They had something ridiculous once in Cleveland like a 60% share of the market which was unprecedented. Meaning that 60% of people with their radios on during the O&A shows were tuning into O&A.

They were arguably fired from WNEW for Sex for Sam 3 when they had some of the largest ratings in radio history. When they got fired from WAAF they had the biggest talk show on the East Coast basically. They just couldn't keep a job without constantly being suspended or fired. They were suspended in year one of XM even. And both fired from Sirius.
You'll never be able to. The only people who track this shit are the ones with vested interests in lying about it.
All numbers coming from corporations are lies. Streaming services, radio companies, stock markets, and so on.
All I can say is I've almost never heard of anyone listening to Stern for most of my life, any age group.
Stern is one of the biggest jew media hype jobs in history. Everywhere he went, movies and television, satellite, he bombed. Yet he is the "King of All Media" and never criticized for being a product of mass promotion and nothing else.

Coonskin

Don't thank the felon, Keith
Forum Clout
Everyone says NEW was the best era but I find it unlistenable. Better when they stopped caring, could curse, were able to get huge celebs. The tail end was pretty fuckin awful though

Nana Cumia

Forum Clout
Once Sirius fully took over XM around 2009-2010 the show started going down hill. The new management made it like a regular radio station and wouldn't let them do anything. Erik Logan years were great.

What does Bendovid think?

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Forum Clout
I bet Stern's peak was the E! show. Not every place had his radio show, but anyone with cable had his TV show. That dumb humor works better late at night than when people are driving to work. I remember he was pissed when E! cancelled it.